• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

Yeah but #TeamEating still won more battles. Shouldn't that count too?

I'm the ghost charger and my sensei is Violet_o.

No but really that's just lag. If I kill you the second you appear behind the corner or the second before you go behind one it's just going to show that I killed you behind the cover on your end. If it's any comfort there's nothing you could have done even if the game was 100% lag-free.

Doesn't lag affect where the laser sight shows up though? I know I've encountered at least one Japanese charger where the laser is not actually pointing exactly where they're aiming. That gives me less time to get away if I see the laser near me

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Fucking fuck a communication error. The wii u is right next to my router, I don't know what the problem is. I think the usb to lan adapter I ordered is coming tomorrow, I. Hope that fixes the issue

Violet_0

Banned
Doesn't lag affect where the laser sight shows up though? I know I've encountered at least one Japanese charger where the laser is not actually pointing exactly where they're aiming. That gives me less time to get away if I see the laser near me

that is correct

DaBoss

Walleye is what I live for as an Octobrush user.

I wanted to try out Quick Super Jump overload for the Sploosh-o-Matic, but the Octobrush pushed me into doing it. Once I get better at placing beakons a lot and super jumping to them quickly outside of times I'm not dead, it will be a really fun playstyle.

Sendou

It does but the way I play is that I never aim the laser at my target until I'm ready to make the shot. That means that vast majority of the time you can't react to the laser.

Robotguy

Fucking fuck a communication error. The wii u is right next to my router, I don't know what the problem is. I think the usb to lan adapter I ordered is coming tomorrow, I. Hope that fixes the issue
Don't worry, Violet and I still won for you.

Geg

When you get splatted like 5 seconds later, is that lag on my part or on the other guy's side?

Could be either one. It's probably on your end if it happens against multiple people but if it's always the same person it's them

Violet_0

Banned
That was a close game. Violet, your aim is lethal.

nah, my aim has mostly been not-so-good today. Warehouse and Port aren't really my best maps
Interesting, it's not everyone...
well I'm pretty well-known for having a bad connection but I didn't notice a 5 second lag so far. Except for some kills I didn't see much of a delay between us if you are referring to me

MVGtLLD.jpg
Way closer than I thought. I'm glad popularity didn't make much of an impact this time. I was getting really worried that I picked the wrong team when I saw all the Waterslide posts.

Ahnez

I was thinking..

What if a splatfest ends in a draw?

Well, it is possible to know who won using the exact numbers (and not just the rounded percentages), but still :p

StAidan

nah, my aim has mostly been not-so-good today. Warehouse and Port aren't really my best maps

well I'm pretty well-known for having a bad connection but I didn't notice a 5 second lag so far. Except for some kills I didn't see much of a delay between us if you are referring to me

Hah, well a couple of those kills you got on me, I was in the air halfway to the ground. At least on my screen :)

Violet_0

Banned
ggs everyone
sorry Master A1 and Sloth, you took the most of my lag kills
Hah, well a couple of those kills you got on me, I was in the air halfway to the ground. At least on my screen :)
yeah, that's when the hit connects but isn't processed immediately. The other player will perceive these as "around the corner"-kills which can be quite annoying

woopWOOP

Hmm, just ten sea snails for charming rank? Figured it'd be a little higher, last time my losing team got me 18 on the highest rank.
Ohwell, haven't played on my main account since then anyway so I've got 28 snails to spend :p I wasted all 24 snails on my gimmick account trying to get the perfect subabilities and failing hard, so I'll just increase slots on random equips now.

NotLiquid

Yeah but #TeamEating still won more battles. Shouldn't that count too?

So from what I understand then, the win percentage of Splatfest dictates how many players won proportionally and not who generally won the most battles out of the players?

If that's the case then I don't really see the issue about complaining how Splatfest does ranks. It's just not explicitly clear about how it works.

Ahnez

So from what I understand then, the win percentage of Splatfest dictates how many players won proportionally and not who generally won the most battles out of the players?

If that's the case then I don't really see the issue about complaining how Splatfest does ranks. It's just not explicitly clear about how it works.

The win percentage being scaled proportionally doesn't makes sense in this case.

Both teams played exactly the same number of matches, as it only counts finished games with both teams present, every victory for one team represents exactly one defeat for the other

taparoo

when I saw that waterslides won popularity my heart sunk. didn't think either team would win by more than 1 or 2%, pleasantly surprised at the close victory. and I only picked roller coasters cause I thought it would win popularity easily....

It does but the way I play is that I never aim the laser at my target until I'm ready to make the shot. That means that vast majority of the time you can't react to the laser.

I thought I commented on this, but I guess it didn't go through. Smart players should always move erratically whenever they see a Charger laser, even if it isn't aimed at them. You never know if they are great at twith aiming. Then again, that's the problem. Once you do know if they're great at twitch aiming, it becomes for the Charger to hit you because you're now moving in less predictable ways. At the same time, going up one of the hallways at the Pirt while aiming down and waiting for someone to come in and shoot at you only to get splatted by a seemingly insta-charged shot is always satisfying.

That said, it's much harder said than done. Unfortunately for me, I occasionally let my laser sight be seen as I'm charging.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard

nah, I was thinking earlier when I was playing ranked battles. you splatted me fair and square :D

Crayolan

I was thinking..

What if a splatfest ends in a draw?

Well, it is possible to know who won using the exact numbers (and not just the rounded percentages), but still :p

I'm guessing anything between 49% and 50% rounds down and anything between 50% and 51% rounds up. If it's really a perfect, exact tie..then I dunno. They'd probably just randomly pick a side.

Top Bottom