• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Someone actually made a chart showing the range for all of the weapon types in the game so far.

3xf8TKn.jpg
LOL! I don't believe the blaster range is accurate considering how many fucking times I've been splatted by them when using long-range weapons.

I don't think I can play ranked anymore till they fix this lose points if you lost connection issue.

(fine, it's not an issue, I'm just raging.)

Crayolan

Someone actually made a chart showing the range for all of the weapon types in the game so far.

3xf8TKn.jpg

Draw a line from the center of the blaster splat to the inkling. Make a circle with a radius equal to that line from the center of the blaster splat. That's your actual blaster range.

correojon

Are you crazy? Those were perfect charger shoes before you ruined them. :D
Shouldve kept it. If you start using chargers, you are goin to regret that shit. And you will never reroll shoe back.
I think they would work better with the Blaster. Ink Resistance isn't really necessary for a charger.
Yeah as DaBoss says, I never use Ink Resistance when playing charger and I already have another gear setup for it.

Maybe I should´ve kept them, but the Ink Resistance Up+Ink recovery Up combo on shoes is perfect for the setup I want to play roller so...

mo60

Just had a 2 vs 4 turf war were me and my other teammate got spawn camped.Both me and my teammate got over 900 points even thogh we got destroyed by the enemy team.

Azure J

I really want to enjoy the Octobrush, but something is seriously keeping me from doing so. Every time I pick it up, I think to myself "I could be playing Inkbrush" and get all =/ faced. There's just something about the loss of control (get both brushes and strafe after quickly doing three swings and pay attention to how long it is before your Inkling can cruise then swim into another set of swings from a different angle) that doesn't sit well with me. Furthermore, the wide ink splashes, which should be great for coverage, seem to leave splotches of unpainted area that the standard Inkbrush never would.

I don't want to be too down on the weapon though, it really is nice to have 3HKOs with wider reach (and of course the lovely option of going full power and reducing that to two hits), and we still haven't gotten the other variant that is more all-range combat geared, but in terms of the here and now, there's still something tugging at the back of my subconscious saying that it could be better (and no, I don't mean "stupid" when I say better).

Give a different Inkbrush with Burst Bombs/Bubbler and Octobrush Noveau

ryechu

Yeah as DaBoss says, I never use Ink Resistance when playing charger and I already have another gear setup for it.

Maybe I should´ve kept them, but the Ink Resistance Up+Ink recovery Up combo on shoes is perfect for the setup I want to play roller so...

it may not be necessary, but if i had those shoes, I'd def incorporate it into my build. Especially in TC, there is so much close range shit flying around when you are trying to ride, or get on the tower.

ryechu

I really want to enjoy the Octobrush, but something is seriously keeping me from doing so. Every time I pick it up, I think to myself "I could be playing Inkbrush" and get all =/ faced. There's just something about the loss of control (get both brushes and strafe after quickly doing three swings and pay attention to how long it is before your Inkling can cruise then swim into another set of swings from a different angle) that doesn't sit well with me. Furthermore, the wide ink splashes, which should be great for coverage, seem to leave splotches of unpainted area that the standard Inkbrush never would.

I don't want to be too down on the weapon though, it really is nice to have 3HKOs with wider reach (and of course the lovely option of going full power and reducing that to two hits), and we still haven't gotten the other variant that is more all-range combat geared, but in terms of the here and now, there's still something tugging at the back of my subconscious saying that it could be better (and no, I don't mean "stupid" when I say better).

Give a different Inkbrush with Burst Bombs/Bubbler and Octobrush Noveau

its a monster in ranked.

Heng

I heard from someone that the E-Liter 3k scope is coming out tomorrow, is it true? Where do you guys check for the update?

correojon

it may not be necessary, but if i had those shoes, I'd def incorporate it into my build. Especially in TC, there is so much close range shit flying around when you are trying to ride, or get on the tower.

I´m using Damage Up, it´s just that they didn´t combine well with the rest of my gear (not aesthetically, but skillwise). If I used those shoes with Damage Up I had to give up on other important skills, but if I manage to get 3 Ink Recovery Ups on them I can get the total skillset I want.

ryechu said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS TRUE. NINTENDO UK JUMPED THE GUN AND POSTED FIRST.
https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Can someone post pics please? I´m at work and can´t access Twitter.

Nico_D

Matchmaking hit me this morning. I'm in a B+ lobby and in two different games there shows up A and A+ players. Where do they go? To the opposite team naturally. Nice.

Also, I hate the E-Liter, especially if you have an incompetent sniper on your team. At Moray Towers had two competent ones and they prevented practically all the traffic on the middle. Once I was able to break-through and snatch the opposite zone and kept pressing "To me" furiously. Guess how many showed up?

Correct. Fucking none.

Thank you, team.

ryechu

OK, I demand theory mode on gear suited for E-Liters. Heng, Ryechu, Violet, BlueSilver and Sendou, go.

Personally I have 1 ink recovery main, 3 ink recovery subs, 2 dmg up mains, and 5 dmg up subs with 1 special duration. Not sure if its optimal but its an orderly distribution.

The number of dmg ups is a preference, with my style I'm ok with 2 dmg up mains but i prefer 3. I think that the best skills on the burst bomb e liter are ink recovery, dmg up, ink saver subs, cold blooded for ranked. Ink saver mains don't help much since you want to be at full ink before using bombs and any number of ink saver mains wont increase your number of shots. While i use bomb distance on my carbon roller build, i dont like it for E liters. I only bomb when they are closer than 3.5 distance or when i hit someone with a 45%charge and need to finish them off.

edit. I like having 1 walk speed sub for strafing on the tower and from hidden snip points. I wish i had 1 walk speed up instead of the special duration but that set was hard to make so whatever.

Matchmaking hit me this morning. I'm in a B+ lobby and in two different games there shows up A and A+ players. Where do they go? To the opposite team naturally. Nice.

Also, I hate the E-Liter, especially if you have an incompetent sniper on your team. At Moray Towers had two competent ones and they prevented practically all the traffic on the middle. Once I was able to break-through and snatch the opposite zone and kept pressing "To me" furiously. Guess how many showed up?

Correct. Fucking none.

Thank you, team.

Snipers really don't like to leave their camping spots. Makes 'em extra terrible for Tower Control.

ryechu

I mean, there is what this guy uses from that crazy video i posted earlier
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26699020
but i dont think gear abilities mean anything to someone that good.
Im pretty sure he uses opening gambit to get into position faster since he knows he will hit his first killshot. Haunt is for revenge killing anyone audacious enough to kill him. Ink recovery for a greater theoretical limit on his kills. No dmg up necessary since he always hits his max range shots.

ryechu

I just got used to the 89' too. What does the neo splash have vs regular splash?

burst bomb and inkzooka. Looks fun, but lacks a niche like the regular splash o-matic. Another thing to note about the E liter scope is that it has 10% more range than the E liter. Given the E liters ridiculous maximum range, 10% is no small fraction, its greater than a 0.5 range increase in the testing area.

non scoped chargers are one of the best tower riders. The regular e liter in particular is a beast. I disagree with the bit about the camping spots as well.

That so? I've never seen them pull it off all that well. Then again I have really long bomb throws when I do Tower Control so maybe they just can't reach me in time.

As far as camping spots, obviously good snipers will move but the vast majority like to find their one spot and stay there almost all match.

correojon

non scoped chargers are one of the best tower riders. The regular e liter in particular is a beast. I disagree with the bit about the camping spots as well.

Good charger players move around, accompany the team from a distance and even ride the tower themselves if the need arises. But most chargers in TC just stay in one place camping and won´t get to the tower even if we just need 1 more meter to win. Getting 2 of these guys in Arowana Mall is awful...they usually get wiped by a Killer Wail/bomb/whatever, the enemy rides the tower and then it´s an uphill battle of 2 VS 4 for the rest of the match where you won´t get further than one spot because the chargers are on your half of the map protecting NOTHING.

Or getting an Eliter on your team and a Splaterscoper on the opponent´s in Moray. You think "great, my Eliter will take care of their sniper so we can fight for the tower/splatzone" but nooooo your Eliter is focused on getting his kills from the bottom and leaves the Splatterscoper totally free to do the same with your team.

This is rarer in A ranks, but under that most snipers are campers that only play to get a nice K/D and don´t know how to actually help the team. Like, how about you throw us some lines in Arowana Mall at the start of the match so we can get to the center before the enemy? When I get a charger on my team and he does this I want to cry of joy.

Remember charger users: getting a great K/D ratio doesn´t mean you are helping the team. You could get an awesome score and still the team lost because of you. Try to be useful TO THE TEAM.

ryechu

Good charger players move around, accompany the team from a distance and even ride the tower themselves if the need arises. But most chargers in TC just stay in one place camping and won´t get to the tower even if we just need 1 more meter to win. Getting 2 of these guys in Arowana Mall is awful...they usually get wiped by a Killer Wail/bomb/whatever, the enemy rides the tower and then it´s an uphill battle of 2 VS 4 for the rest of the match where you won´t get further than one spot because the chargers are on your half of the map protecting NOTHING.

Or getting an Eliter on your team and a Splaterscoper on the opponent´s in Moray. You think "great, my Eliter will take care of their sniper so we can fight for the tower/splatzone" but nooooo your Eliter is focused on getting his kills from the bottom and leaves the Splatterscoper totally free to do the same with your team.

This is rarer in A ranks, but under that most snipers are campers that only play to get a nice K/D and don´t know how to actually help the team. Like, how about you throw us some lines in Arowana Mall at the start of the match so we can get to the center before the enemy? When I get a charger on my team and he does this I want to cry of joy.

Remember charger users: getting a great K/D ratio doesn´t mean you are helping the team. You could get an awesome score and still the team lost because of you. Try to be useful TO THE TEAM.

I meant i disagree with his assessment that snipers dont like leaving camp spots. So i guess i agree with you. How i play is usually i try to pick of someone during the fight around the tower at the beginning. Then, for example of arrowana, i get onto our side alley and cover opposing right side ledge through which the enemy sends blasters and suicide rollers onto the tower when the tower is over the water. If you dont deal with those people you will always lost the tower right htere. If we get 2 or so kills, i will hop onto the tower at that point since they no longer have anyone in defensive positions. The final push there will be people coming through the middle and through the very high arch during the final stretch. You can easily pick off people on the top before they kill you so its all on your team to focus their specials to cover the mid. I've gotten a lot of knockouts by taking the tower AFTER a wipe and continuing to pick people off by strafing the tower.

Nico_D

I think this can be said regardless of the weapon. Too often it seems that no-one is painting the damn zone, they just keep killing people. Which is fine, I can do the zone but it would be lot more effective to have the team there.

ryechu

That so? I've never seen them pull it off all that well. Then again I have really long bomb throws when I do Tower Control so maybe they just can't reach me in time.

As far as camping spots, obviously good snipers will move but the vast majority like to find their one spot and stay there almost all match.

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26659144
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26617958

I've both tried to do this with the E liter and accomplished it, tried to do it with a splatterscope which was harder for obvious reasons, and have been absolutely destroyed by enemy e liters and splat chargers using this strategy.

The reason its good is because prior to max charge, you have decent movement which means you can stand behind the tower , strafe and instantly kill someone, then strafe back before the rest of the enemies shot volley hits you. No other weapon can use hide behind the towerwhile still having kill potential. Non scoped chargers can hold a charge, but the moment the charge hits max you cant strafe out of the towers width in a reasonable time. Dmg up e liters can kill at 55% so you have a long time to hold a killing charge yet still be able to move.

Nico_D

More than once I've seen how Splatzones are lost in a last minute. Why? Because someone is so sure of win they start playig around. For example painting some obscure corner or running to the enemy base instead of, like, keeping their eye on the zone.

God damn this game can be so frustrating at times.

correojon

I think this can be said regardless of the weapon. Too often it seems that no-one is painting the damn zone, they just keep killing people. Which is fine, I can do the zone but it would be lot more effective to have the team there.

Yeah it can be said regardless of weapon, but chargers may be the worst offenders for their extended tendency to ignore anything that isn´t killing people and because in most splatzones their paint output isn´t enough to paint the zone easily. It´s like there´s a mindset of "I can´t win a painting contest against any weapon, so I´ll just focus on support and leave the painting to the rest of the team". It´s not wrong, but the moment you focus too much on that and forget your final objective is to paint the zone you start becoming less and less useful for the team. Also, for so many chargers support = killing enemies and nothing else. It´s like seeing the action from a distance makes it so they forget they´re playing on a team and should help those guys wearing their same colors.

I've already given up hope expecting the average charger player will become anything more than dead weight in this game, 99% of them just camp in their own base, staring at nothing most of the game and end up with 200 points and a negative K-D ratio. Having more than 1 charger in a room is instant grounds for leaving, I'm not going to babysit them while they contribute nothing. It'd be nice if the Japanese E-Liter playstyles would wear off on others, but evidently not.

Moondrop

Banned
LOL! I don't believe the blaster range is accurate considering how many fucking times I've been splatted by them when using long-range weapons.
Yup, it's wrong. Blaster outranges the aerosprays, the jrs, splash/sploosh, the brushes, and the non-dynamo rollers. It's out-ranged by the n-zap however.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Spyke/ordering question:

Whenever I order a three star item with three sub abilities I only get the first sub. Is that just how it is or am I having bad luck?

Burst bombs and inkzooka for neosplash. E liter has Burst/echo.

Top Bottom