• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DaBoss

E-liter Scope has a range of 374 vs the normal E-liter's 340.

For comparison
Splat Charger: 250
Splatterscope: 275

That additional range could mean being able to get someone from one of the Arowana perches to the opposite perch at max charge.

For comparison

That additional range could mean being able to get someone from one of the Arowana perches to the opposite perch at max distance.

Fuckin' ridiculous lol. Moray is going to be hell.

Neoxon

For comparison

That additional range could mean being able to get someone from one of the Arowana perches to the opposite perch at max distance.
God help us all.

For comparison

That additional range could mean being able to get someone from one of the Arowana perches to the opposite perch at max charge.

Splatoon was fun while it lasted.

Neoxon

The Age of Snipers is about to begin. And when the dust settles, the only thing left living in this world will be snipers.

Robotguy

For comparison

Oh hell no.

Africanus

For comparison

140.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
I was playing really dumb that match

last game for me, Africanus and Zing. I'll be online again later tonight. Btw do you think the Dynamo roller lag is worse than the E-Liter?

Rize_21

Yeah well let's hope that machinegun in the datamine will be the anti-sniper on Moray towers, cause as it is goin to be, you can already feel the fun to reach and splat them...dang it!

DaBoss

The charge time is gonna be the same as the normal one. The difference won't really matter on most maps. Look at the difference between the Splatterscope and the Splat Charger.

From what I understand, the FOV will be lower on it compared to the Splatterscope.

Geg

Tumblr descriptions

tumblr_nrukbzYaeJ1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

New weapon incoming! Check out this bad boy, the Neo Splash-o-matic. Now, this here Neo Splash-o-matic may look a lot like the Splash-o-matic, but it’s got different sub and special weapons, enabling you to use a whole new fighting style. Enemies incoming? Pick ‘em off with Burst Bombs. Enemies in the distance? Take ‘em out with the Inkzooka.
tumblr_nrukmlzgmQ1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

The E-liter 3K Scope is coming tonight at 7 PM PT! Now, I’m not sure you amateur squid researchers are able to gather this from the name, but this here’s an E-liter 3K fitted with a scope. (Don’t worry. As you guys work your way up to Squid Researcher status, this stuff will start to come naturally.) The scope narrows your field of view, but you can acquire and snipe targets from extremely far away.

WALKMAN04

For comparison

Had no idea the scopes had longer range, seems like it's a consistent percentage increase as well. Question, regarding orders, I ordered Heng's white anchor tee with the 3 damage ups and ninja squid, it came with 1 damage up and 2 empty slots, why? Should I reorder the gear?
Edit: I can't use the scopes although I haven't really tried since I learned charger, maybe I'll give it a try later

DaBoss

I think the E-liter scope is gonna be able to reach the wall in the testing range.
Had no idea the scopes had longer range, seems like it's a consistent percentage increase as well. Question, regarding orders, I ordered Heng's white anchor tee with the 3 damage ups and ninja squid, it came with 1 damage up and 2 empty slots, why? Should I reorder the gear?
Edit: I can't use the scopes although I haven't really tried since I learned charger, maybe I'll give it a try later
The chance of getting a replica of what you ordered is really low. You should reorder it. You could also buy it and take the chance that it may get the subs you want.
Port tower control is the biggest clusterfuck ever, can't tell if I like it or not lol
It's the only mode I like Port on lol. Makes use of the map very well.

WALKMAN04

I think the E-liter scope is gonna be able to reach the wall in the testing range.

The chance of getting a replica of what you ordered is really low. You should reorder it. You could also buy it and take the chance that it may get the subs you want.

It's the only mode I like Port on lol. Makes use of the map very well.
Yeah I know that but, it's a 3 star equipment shouldn't it come with 3 abilities even if they are random.

And I went undefeated in port, 5 games straight, so I guess I like it lol. Wish I could have tried out Moray, only map now that I haven't played any ranked on tower or splat zones, I always seem to miss it

Azure J

I picked up Tentatek Splattershot specifically so that I can get Inkzooka as a "fuck you" for E-Liters, let's see how this will work out >:)

Yeah, I am seriously considering "dropping" the .52 Gal Deco as my main shooter
(Seekers tho...)
and learning some Tentatek because Inkzooka is going to be as close to a game changer as possible for us mortals that can't shoot across five plains of existence.

This is also another reason for me to want the Octobrush Noveau with its Splat Bombs and Inkzooka.

J@hranimo

Banned
(Seekers tho...)
and learning some Tentatek because Inkzooka is going to be as close to a game changer as possible for us mortals that can't shoot across five plains of existence.

This is also another reason for me to want the Octobrush Noveau with its Splat Bombs and Inkzooka.

Splattershots are the Assault Rifles of Splatoon: reliable, all around great weapon plus trusty special. Though I'm still partial to my Hero Shot lol.

Also Neo Splash-o-matic has burst bombs....I'm a sucker for those. I need to get a lot of stuff done tonight so I can get on and play.

(Seekers tho...)

Been using tentatek from day 1 great gun

Splattershots are the Assault Rifles of Splatoon: reliable, all around great weapon plus trusty special. Though I'm still partial to my Hero Shot lol.

Also Neo Splash-o-matic has burst bombs....I'm a sucker for those. I need to get a lot of stuff done tonight so I can get on and play.
I like using the hero shot from time to time

(Seekers tho...)

Hmm, what is your experience like when using Inkstrike for prying Chargers out of position? I honestly haven't used any weapons with Inkstrike for a very long time, so I'm curious about how effective that would be these days.

Azure J

Hmm, what is your experience like when using Inkstrike for prying Chargers out of position? I honestly haven't used any weapons with Inkstrike for a very long time, so I'm curious about how effective that would be these days.

Honestly, I don't ever count on Inkstrikes for a job like that. Inkstrikes (at this point in Splatoon's life) are about getting an area covered, covering ally entrances or denying access to areas in front of the opposite team. It's far too telegraphed to actually get the KO and if you aren't nearby to get them yourself, it's a minor distraction most charger players can get around.

Finalow

I have 3 "special duration time up" secondary abilities on one piece of gear, do those 3 add at least one second to the duration?

WALKMAN04

I win about 15 straight ranked games, keep my rank at A+ 99 then they keep sticking B+ players on my
team and I go on a 3 game losing streak

Edit: the I have a super laggy roller on the enemy team who killed me 3 times after I killed him

Azure J

I have 3 "special duration time up" secondary abilities on one piece of gear, do those 3 add at least one second to the duration?

On a similar note (and not to overshadow you), last night I got a Skalop Bobble with Tenacity and two Special Duration Ups and one Damage Up. On a scale of 1-10, how good is this? Keep in mind Skalop is supposed to be higher chances for Quick Respawn.

I also have a Squidforce Headband (Ink Recovery Up Main) with two special duration ups and one special charge up that I feel like I shouldn't touch despite wanting the three damage up subs for charger builds.

WALKMAN04

Lol my 6 year old likes for me to buy all the gear because she likes dressing my inkling in different outfits when she tries different weapons in the test range. It's like a Barbie doll for her lol

Azure J

Lol my 6 year old likes for me to buy all the gear because she likes dressing my inkling in different outfits when she tries different weapons in the test range. It's like a Barbie doll for her lol

You'd be surprised how much of a draw this aspect of Splatoon is to people. It's one of the reasons why I still think gear abilities shouldn't be tied to outfits.

You'd be surprised how much of a draw this aspect of Splatoon is to people. It's one of the reasons why I still think gear abilities shouldn't be tied to outfits.
Oh I agree with you. A lot of stuff I own looks good but the abilities tied to it don't help me so I rarely wear them:(

DaBoss

It can work nicely. Just try to put it behind them so they have to move forwards (though some positions would be best in front).

atr0cious

Then brands would be worthless.

Oh I agree with you. A lot of stuff I own looks good but the abilities tied to it don't help me so I rarely wear them:(
You should try more different types of weapons. I've found as I branch out, the different weapons can utilize different playstyles and therefore different gear. Currently wearing stuff I bought the first week but never wore thanks to my weapon choice.

Top Bottom