• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

Okay guys, why do you like burst bombs over the other bombs?
I like all bombs equally, I just don't use suction much since the only weapon I like with it is the tentatek splattershot, and I don't even use it much either. I think bombs are the best sub weapons for sure though

Edit: finally won lol, I can switch weapons now

SM239

GGs all. Going to break for a bit. Also the splash-o-matic with charge ups is pretty fun. It can build up the special crazy fast.

I personally prefer Suction Bombs the most, but I find Burst Bombs to be useful in their own ways. Burst Bombs are more likely to be able to splat an enemy (whereas a Splat Bomb or Suction Bomb just makes them scatter) and can be meaningfully combo'd with your main weapon. Burst Bombs can also be used to free yourself from enemy ink and are sort of okay for inking terrain. Specifically for the Carbon Roller, it's easier to ink walls with Burst Bombs than with the Carbon Roller itself.

At some level, if your accuracy gets good enough, you can count on the enemy having 60 HP less if you can nail them with a direct Burst Bomb whenever you want.

Even with that said though I don't think Bomb Rush with Burst Bombs is all that great. I've seen others get great results out of using the normal Splattershot, I just haven't been able to reproduce that sort of success myself.

I can't hate on any of the bombs, but my least used is Suction because the weapons that use them are weapons I don't normally use.

I messed up badly in the last couple games

how the hell do you always get in on the other side of Bluefin, Walkman

You should be looking at the map, Violet. =P

J@hranimo

Banned

Wait...people like burst bombs over other bombs? I thought I was the only one and crazy for it o.o

Similarly to what phanphare said you can throw a bunch out at a time and when you get somebody with JUST splat bombs? Instant splatification! :D

Violet_0

Banned
You should be looking at the map, Violet. =P
true, I'm really terrible at multitasking. I'm used to watching the corridor on Mall for a potential ambush by now but I need to pay more attention on Bluefin as well
I was specifically avoiding the side you were on to attack you from behind, when I was playing with the pro lol. Ggs to everyone I played with.
that kraken juke was glorious, btw

Heng

true, I'm really terrible at multitasking. I'm used to watching the corridor on Mall for a potential ambush by now but I need to pay more attention on Bluefin as well

I need to order your shoes. Are you going to be on when they release the new weapon?

phanphare

Banned
Wait...people like burst bombs over other bombs? I thought I was the only one and crazy for it o.o

Similarly to what phanphare said you can throw a bunch out at a time and when you get somebody with JUST splat bombs? Instant splatification! :D

burst bomb splats are the best

Thanks for the burst bombs impressions, inklings. I've never gotten the hang of them before. But then again I said that about the splash wall and now I fucking love it. So maybe I'll give them a shot for a while.

WALKMAN04

I don't remember a kraken juke I did on you, but I do it often, unless your talking about one you did to me. I love krakens, being one or facing one, it always leaves for something epic. You have never even seen my signature move against a kraken, I pretend to run away then charge at them and jump over them, it's so funny. I wouldn't dare try it on you though, that lag might end up killing me lol

Violet_0

Banned
ok the range increase actually isn't significant, I guess I can live with that
I don't remember a kraken juke I did on you, but I do it often, unless your talking about one you did to me. I love krakens, being one or facing one, it always leaves for something epic. You have never even seen my signature move against a kraken, I pretend to run away then charge at them and jump over them, it's so funny. I wouldn't dare try it on you though, that lag might end up killing me lol
on Bluefin I tried to Kraken you, you headed towards the wall which I didn't notice was painted in your ink, I tried to follow you, swam up the wall, noticed that you were not I expected you and err ... lost track of you and wandered around aimlessly for the rest of the duration. Oh, and please do try to jump over the Kraken I'd very much like that

I MADE IT TO A+...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0121sbp.jpg

And I'll lose it tomorrow.

Top Bottom