• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Then brands would be worthless.

You should try more different types of weapons. I've found as I branch out, the different weapons can utilize different playstyles and therefore different gear. Currently wearing stuff I bought the first week but never wore thanks to my weapon choice.
Oh I do I use the the tentatek splattershot hero shot dual squelcher splattershot pro splash o matic and nzap89

It's just that I have other gear that I haven't found how to fit with these weapons. I've never been good with snipers and I don't like rollers so these are weapons I stick with

Geg

1.3 was the one that happened at the beginning of July, that that allowed battles between the same team in Splatfest and nerfed some abilities.

I think it skipped straight from 1.1 to 1.3

[doing well in ranked]

yes

[doing super well in ranked]

yesssss

[almost out of the C+ trenches]

yesssssssssssssss

[super good japanese guy with octobrush shows up and goes like 8:0 and wins match singlehandedly]

o

okay i can come back from this, just two more matches instead of one, i needed to add some slots to this gear i was leveling anyway

[matchmaking misfires]

okay that's

i can recover from this

[japanese players start showing up and sniping me through walls]

well never mind

Hmm, what is your experience like when using Inkstrike for prying Chargers out of position? I honestly haven't used any weapons with Inkstrike for a very long time, so I'm curious about how effective that would be these days.

It works alright, you just need to make sure to position it so that you force them out into a position which is favourable for you. Unfortunately Moray's typical sniper spot is mostly unaffected by an inkstrike, they can easily swim down the ramp a little bit and continue sniping you. I actually prefer to use it not to push them off their position, but on the area I need to cross essentially as a smoke grenade and temporary invincibility, if you time your movements correctly they won't see you cross through and you get a chance to sneak up on them.

Azure J

[doing well in ranked]

yes

[doing super well in ranked]

yesssss

[almost out of the C+ trenches]

yesssssssssssssss

[super good japanese guy with octobrush shows up and goes like 8:0 and wins match singlehandedly]

o

okay i can come back from this, just two more matches instead of one, i needed to add some slots to this gear i was leveling anyway

[matchmaking misfires]

okay that's

i can recover from this

well never mind

If you think this is bad, consider this:

B- is chickens running around without heads
B is a small oasis you can get fucked out of because lol matchmaking putting you up against As/A-s on a bad night
B+ is literally a grab bag of either hyper competent people trying to get into the upper echelon or the CRAZIEST "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" players that still post good records because they catch you in the wrong place at the right time for them.

Then A- is literally C+ except everyone knows how to play the fucking game and the hunger is real.

Violet_0

Banned

technically they killed you earlier but the game just didn't register it for a while
youarealreadydead.jpg
annoying yes and it shouldn't happen at all, but doesn't help the sniper in any way and it's actually an disadvantage for them because now the splatted player can fire back for a while

Rize_21

That 1v1 mode! Man, we NEED that super jump as a special, imagine the other team/everyone trading place with each other, that's so cool! Please add this special to a brand new dynamo/roller. :p

I am not sure if it was the time of day or the fact that my girlfriend's cousin was playing for a while (and the game put my account into rooms that were at her skill level), but i played in a room with really bad players and got my highest scores ever with the aerospray. hitting 1771 and 1948, holy crap.

J@hranimo

Banned
I gotta say, the E Liter 3K is a pretty unique for a weapon even for a charger which is a relatively unique weapon class on its own. Does anyone have an idea on what the design is from?

I also feel like the design is something obvious and I can't think of it right now..

I gotta say, the E Liter 3K is a pretty unique for a weapon even for a charger which is a relatively unique weapon class on its own. Does anyone have an idea on what the design is from?

I also feel like the design is something obvious and I can't think of it right now..

The handle looks like something you would attach a hose to. Other than that, I got nothin'.

Rize_21

Looks like an exhaust pipe.

Xeroblade

What are there for chat options to use for this game with friends? I am trying to figure out a way to chat using an android phone without having to actually call someone.

Ahnez

You still have your FoV

I charge looking down, so my target won't see the laser, and just quick-aim/shot after its enough charged

I can't do this with a scope if I need it fully charged

I'll learn how to use it anyway

What are there for chat options to use for this game with friends? I am trying to figure out a way to chat using an android phone without having to actually call someone.

Maybe skype? It works for me (but never tried with this game)

J@hranimo

Banned
The handle looks like something you would attach a hose to. Other than that, I got nothin'.

It looks like a nozzle used for pumping gas

Looks like an exhaust pipe.

I thought the E-liter was more of a shrunk down gas tanker thing.

Gas pump nozzle....hmm that was the thought I had, but wasn't too sure because of the tank it has. Interesting design. God I love this game XD.

WALKMAN04

Just lost 12 points for a 1 vs 4 match, like really there is only so much one e-liter can do, I managed to get my timer down to 50 though, I should be rewarded not penalized

Heng

I gotta say, I think I got sort of lucky with those boots considering that I didn't use any re-rolls and just leveled them up
COFPrpy.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
uh I think I killed you somehow while you were standing behind me Doc, and then our entire team got destroyed by an invisible(?) Japanese player

Rize_21

uh I think I killed you somehow while you were standing behind me Doc, and then our entire team got destroyed by an invisible(?) Japanese player
We had some heavy lag yeah, expected to be disconnected as I couldn't roll any ink and bounced against some players many times, if you're up for some games, I'll join sm239, by the way, is ceft a gaffer?

Holy wow. I just had a guy lagging so bad that he was teleporting around. At one point he splatted me, only for the kill cam to show him jumping away from his spawn. Right after we won, he somehow super jumped onto the tower and walked around for like ten seconds and even set a mine that went off.

Geg

The weirdest lag related thing that's ever happened to me was that for the first 20 seconds or so of the match, no one else moved. My ink still showed up on the ground fine, but all of my teammates and all of the opponent team were just stuck standing in spawn. Eventually they started moving and if I tried to shoot the game would stutter and slow down to a crawl. It finally disconnected me a while later. I kind of wonder what I looked like to everyone else playing

I just bought a Dual Squelcher upon reaching level 18. After using the plain Jet Squelcher all the time, I'm really liking the improved fire rate and the beakons. I just have to get used to getting closer to enemies and how to properly use a Killer Wail.

Top Bottom