• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Totakeke

So does anyone know of a good use or have any tips for using the L-3 Nozzlenose. It seems like an interesting weapon but I'm unsure I would know what to do with it lol

Stack run speed up, it'll simultaneously solve your combat and inking issues. But unless you can aim extremely well while running fast, I don't think it'll be anything more than a mid-tier weapon.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Splat zones are sooo much easier than tower control. I feel like success in tower control is much more team-dependent. If no wants to bite the bullet and get on the damn tower, then you're fucked.

Geg

There is an opportunity cost. Inking in base is simply not inking somewhere else. Better to be inking over enemy ink, or inking near enemy to defend chokepoints.

Yeah but then you'll lose unless you can push the enemy back far enough. If the match ends with everyone fighting over the middle and the enemy has inked their base but you haven't inked yours, you've lost.

atr0cious

I'm just trying to be an asshole with seeker spam

But you're not even following them in to bases, you're sitting back and watching them. You have one of the highest scoring weapons in the game, as the rg is like the splatter jr.'s more outgoing brother, and it has enough range to make anyone think twice, especially if you're maneuvering and pushing forward. The seeker is supposed to be your stealth entrance/exit from a base, not just an annoyance.

http://www.twitch.tv/earneststreaming/v/8199035

I got this last minute triple kill because you decided to sit back and toss seekers instead of engaging. The only time saw your body was then as the only other evidence of you was your seeker leaving the choke point.

Splat zones are sooo much easier than tower control. I feel like success in tower control is much more team-dependent. If no wants to bite the bullet and get on the damn tower, then you're fucked.

Really? I've had the exact opposite feelings, Splat Zones is frustratingly difficult since the objective people are going for will be static, and kind of open depending on maps, so finding an area to ambush/push is hard since more your team can be spread out, and there's no way to team speak. With Tower Control, the objective is constantly moving, and that's where most of the action will be, at least the team can focus more into a single focus point, and if the enemies are focusing on the tower, a team mate can ambush them.

Same reason I have for hating Team Fortress 2's control point based maps, and enjoying payload.

Totakeke

The scoped e-liter doesn't feel too different from the normal one but other than to outrange normal e-liters, I think it'll probably be marginally useful at the skatepark side perch, saltspray rig tower spawn area perches, maybe walleye warehouse middle perch, moray towers mid perch to not stand so close to the edge, and... can't think of anything else off the top of my head. I think at some point the question is simply whether you prefer twitch aiming or snapshotting, and the latter is harder to do with scopes.

Also feeling a bit burnt out on Splatoon, but using that downtime to get better gear from Spyke. The slower pace of updates lately isn't really helping too. On the other hand I'm hunting for a pair of comfy headphones so I don't need to have something plugged into my ears all the time, and we're pretty close to August too so yay.

Finalow

this is stupid, I've been trying to join for 30 minutes and I keep getting an error. is this because 2 people are already waiting for their spot? That's what someone here posted iirc. "2 people already queued, get this error rekt" - again, really fucking stupid.

anyway I played a couple of matches with some gaffers in another room so GGs anyway.

this is stupid, I've been trying to join for 30 minutes and I keep getting an error. is this because 2 people are already waiting for their spot? That's what someone here posted iirc. "2 people already queued, get this error rekt" - again, really fucking stupid.

anyway I played a couple of matches with some gaffers in another room so GGs anyway.

I just got disconnected so there's a spot

There is an opportunity cost. Inking in base is simply not inking somewhere else. Better to be inking over enemy ink, or inking near enemy to defend chokepoints.

That match was a perfect case example of one team losing purely because everyone on the team rushed to capture the middle of the map, dominated and lost because no one took the time to ink the base.

I had a feeling that was going to happen in that match so I left no spot on our side un-inked >.>

GGs everyone!

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Really? I've had the exact opposite feelings, Splat Zones is frustratingly difficult since the objective people are going for will be static, and kind of open depending on maps, so finding an area to ambush/push is hard since more your team can be spread out, and there's no way to team speak. With Tower Control, the objective is constantly moving, and that's where most of the action will be, at least the team can focus more into a single focus point, and if the enemies are focusing on the tower, a team mate can ambush them.

Same reason I have for hating Team Fortress 2's control point based maps, and enjoying payload.

I guess it's a difference in play styles. I don't tend to hide and ambush. As a Splatterscope main, I've grown used to openly sniping and retreating if necessary. This is the kind of play style most suited for splat zones. My main problem in Tower Control is that teams feel much less coordinated. In splat zones, there is one well defined objective. in TC, some people never want to get on the tower and concentrate mostly on kills.

WALKMAN04

Lol well earned.
You thought you could hide behind that block on urchin at the beginning huh, I'm not having any of that lol.

Can't even get back into queue now lol

Edit: Ggs everyone doesn't seem like I'll get back in now and it's kind of late anyway, will just leave it on to find out if I get my order.

atr0cious

Chargergaf is not fun, everyone sits at choke points and waits on both sides. And then they don't even help each other to get around, so it's just disparate lines and burst bombs going everywhere.

Heng

You thought you could hide behind that block on urchin at the beginning huh, I'm not having any of that lol.

Can't even get back into queue now lol

Edit: Ggs everyone doesn't seem like I'll get back in now and it's kind of late anyway, will just leave it on to find out if I get my order.
Yeah I tried lol. My gyro decided it wanted to look up and it messed up my aim. Daboss showed me a post Gregory made about re calibrating so hopefully that fixes it. GG guys, I'll be on later tonight.

I get to the middle fast because I don't charge my shots when trying to rush to the middle. There's too many ledges that makes it not worth charging it because you spend most of the time falling down.

Btw Walkman, the shirt has a high affinity for damage up, you're better off ordering my glasses or Violet's shoes.

Zing

Banned
Chargergaf is not fun, everyone sits at choke points and waits on both sides. And then they don't even help each other to get around, so it's just disparate lines and burst bombs going everywhere.
On the contrary, I find it very fun.
.. as a Splash/Sploosh user...

I am always sure to ink the ground around my charger mates to give them paths to roam.

Burst Bombs without damage up are kind of gimpy.

Anyone know what the two-star head with opening gambit is called?

(Never mind, it is the striped beanie)

J@hranimo

Banned
I hope no one else got a comm error because of me, but my internet went out and I got DC'd. I'm resetting the modem and router now...hopefully it comes back.

Edit: Well I guess not :( Stupid Comcast, GGs everyone. Hope to catch you guys in E-Literville tomorrow.

WALKMAN04

Yeah I tried lol. My gyro decided it wanted to look up and it messed up my aim. Daboss showed me a post Gregory made about re calibrating so hopefully that fixes it. GG guys, I'll be on later tonight.

I get to the middle fast because I don't charge my shots when trying to rush to the middle. There's too many ledges that makes it not worth charging it because you spend most of the time falling down.

Btw Walkman, the shirt has a high affinity for damage up, you're better off ordering my glasses or Violet's shoes.
Not the biggest fan of tenacity, however I haven't tried it with chargers yet, do you feel it comes in handy. Oh and thanks for pointing me toward Violets shoes they have the 2 damage up subs on one piece of gear that I need to two shot kill on uncharged shots.

Heng

Not the biggest fan of tenacity, however I haven't tried it with chargers yet, do you feel it comes in handy. Oh and thanks for pointing me toward Violets shoes they have the 2 damage up subs on one piece of gear that I need to two shot kill on uncharged shots.
It's great, I get about 3 to 4 echolocator if I don't die. You should give it a shot, if you're good at surviving it really makes up for a bad team.

ryechu

Arent Daboss' shoes exactly what you are looking for? Dmg up on cyan trainers on first slot?

Top Bottom