• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

Watching Azure's stream of my games last night, I'm so glad me splatting Zing with that prognosticative killer wail through the wall got caught on his kill cam ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dryk

Jeez I'm up to A-(70). Guess I'll just keep failing upwards.

Have they ever nerfed weapons or specials before? This is going to be controversial, but I feel like the Inkzooka should be nerfed...

To be specific, I think the range should be reduced to at least match the e-liter...
I've found the Inkzooka to be really finicky. It's only useful for as long as there's someone to shoot because you can't move or ink worth a damn as long as you have it out, and the way it handles walls and pits makes it really awkward to use from high ground on a lot of maps.

Have they ever nerfed weapons or specials before? This is going to be controversial, but I feel like the Inkzooka should be nerfed...

To be specific, I think the range should be reduced to at least match the e-liter...
Kraken got nerfed. The knockback it took from damage wasn't that much before, but that changed after v1.3 I think.

If you're implying that the Inkzooka is a really good special, then I would agree, but it actually has less range than E-liters by a little bit. I think it's the only thing in the game that readily gives E-liters a hard time though.

Zing

Banned
Watching Azure's stream of my games last night, I'm so glad me splatting Zing with that prognosticative killer wail through the wall got caught on his kill cam ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll have to see this. Where is the video hosted?

Crap had to leave already. Those two games were great fun though Zing and Jeff Vader.
Yes, it was fun. I'll back back for more in about six hours. :D

Stuck trying to fight a laggy sniper is an exercise in frustration. Every time you think you've found cover NOPE. 2 seconds later you explode. =/

Zing

Banned
Ok, I saw this. I remember thinking I had a better chance of escaping my getting to the top corner, but it was too late.

Azure should probably switch out the bomb range up. I don't think I saw him throw a bomb anywhere but his feet during the six matches I watched!

Geg

Very cool watching matches from the outside.

Yeah it's really fun watching games I'm in from a perspective that's not my own. I like how atr0cious has the map cam so I can just watch a full match unfold there which I obviously can't do while playing

Robotguy

I've been "watching" Azure's streams of our matches together live.
It's kinda fun getting 30 second delayed commentary on the match. Sometimes I can see some of my play after the match ends, which is cool.
I do feel like listening to Azure puts me off my game a bit though.

Azure J

It's kinda fun getting 30 second delayed commentary on the match. Sometimes I can see some of my play after the match ends, which is cool.

FWIW, talking to GAF has resulted in a few late starts as I check the stream for audio hiccups only for me to realize things aren't happening in real time. :lol

I don't think I'm on anyone's stream lol. I did check out some of Azure's vids though.

DaBoss

Inkzookas have a very generous lag compensation for the user, but due to that you may notice at times that the inkzooka shots may actually go through you, but it doesn't splat you. That's cause it would hit where you were standing a moment ago.
Can burst bombs be OHKO?
No.

Can burst bombs be OHKO?
No, I don't think it's possible to stack enough Damage Ups to make Burst Bombs OHKO. They will only 2HKO at best.

The only case I've heard of in which number of hits to kill was ever improved was for the Octobrush, going from 3 hits to 2. My explanation probably doesn't do justice; I think there's some other nuance to it, like the amount of splatter from waving the Octobrush also mattering.

StAidan

Azure's stream is pretty entertaining (I've mainly only watched it after the fact). I wasn't much of a feature character last night since I couldn't get into the GAF room later on, but I like watching the different plays and strategies. Had to laugh at a lot of those sniper battles, especially on Port Mackerel.

tim.mbp

I've gotten one OHKO with a burst bomb and it was when I was coming out of a superjump. I guess the added momentum of coming down from the sky helped or something, idk.

but no, it takes two direct hits usually

No, I don't think it's possible to stack enough Damage Ups to make Burst Bombs OHKO. They will only 2HKO at best.

The only case I've heard of in which number of hits to kill was ever improved was for the Octobrush, going from 3 hits to 2. My explanation probably doesn't do justice; I think there's some other nuance to it, like the amount of splatter from waving the Octobrush also mattering.

Thanks.

WALKMAN04

Not 100% sure but I think if you hit them with the actual brush it's a 2 hit kill and that's why damage ups can bring the spray to a 2 hit kill as well. Either that or maybe a certain part of the brush.

Not 100% sure but I think if you hit them with the actual brush it's a 2 hit kill and that's why damage ups can bring the spray to a 2 hit kill as well. Either that or maybe a certain part of the brush.
Oh I see. Hmm, I guess I'll try Octobrush again, I need to figure out what gear I have which will work with it though...

As long as we're talking about the Octobrush, what are the reasons to use it over the Krak-On Roller? My past experiences with the Octobrush weren't very good, and given the limited range that both weapons have it looks like fighting with either is really difficult. Most of the time when I got into a fight with an enemy, I was more likely to lose unless I got another melee user from the side, and it usually took 4 swings for me o_O I tried playing a couple of games where I focused more on inking up and running away, but it seemed like getting into a fight was pretty inevitable. Also nobody used my Beakons lol.

WALKMAN04

Oh I see. Hmm, I guess I'll try Octobrush again, I need to figure out what gear I have which will work with it though...

As long as we're talking about the Octobrush, what are the reasons to use it over the Krak-On Roller? My past experiences with the Octobrush weren't very good, and given the limited range that both weapons have it looks like fighting with either is really difficult. Most of the time when I got into a fight with an enemy, I was more likely to lose unless I got another melee user from the side, and it usually took 4 swings for me o_O I tried playing a couple of games where I focused more on inking up and running away, but it seemed like getting into a fight was pretty inevitable. Also nobody used my Beakons lol.

I just tested it out, with 0 damage ups it is possible to hit 50.8 or 55.5 so it can kill in 2 shots. You have to hit with it somewhere near the tip, but I'm not really sure where or if it's 100% because it seems random, from the same spot I have hit in the 30's as well. It depends on the splash as well I think
Edit: with a jump attack I was able to hit 64.7 a few times, so the thing is pretty powerful. And I like both the Kraken-On and octobrush, and the octobrush has a faster roll mode as an escape method or to run through enemy territory. Also it creates a wider path on swings then the Krak-on so it will be harder for enemies to escape in those directions

Azure J

Azure's stream is pretty entertaining (I've mainly only watched it after the fact). I wasn't much of a feature character last night since I couldn't get into the GAF room later on, but I like watching the different plays and strategies. Had to laugh at a lot of those sniper battles, especially on Port Mackerel.

One of the things I want to get used to doing is giving good play-by-plays. Since I apparently have a bunch of Squidboards people popping into the stream every now and again, it'd be good exercise both for commentating and for letting people know what's going on under the hood when I'm putting myself into seemingly stupid situations. :lol

On another note, I might be popping on in a half hour or sooner. I want my A- back and then some.

One of the things I want to get used to doing is giving good play-by-plays. Since I apparently have a bunch of Squidboards people popping into the stream every now and again, it'd be good exercise both for commentating and for letting people know what's going on under the hood when I'm putting myself into seemingly stupid situations. :lol

On another note, I might be popping on in a half hour or sooner. I want my A- back and then some.
You should do amiibo giveaways lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Been really busy the last couple of days, and will be coming up, haven't had much time to play. Going to play as much as I can today.

+1 for liking Azure's stream.

I wish Splatoon had YouTube features at least. There are a ton of "OH SHIT" moments I'd love to have immortalized.

Azure J

Speaking of Splatfest, remember when I was streaming during portions of it? Seems like all those videos got hit with a content ID for the Splatfest themes and may or may not be viewable in other regions (based on notifications I got next to the uploads on my YT channel).

Azure J

I really don't want to do Tower Control on the stages available currently but I want my goddamn rank back after getting screwed by Nintendo Netcode last night. :lol

Anyways, starting the stream now. See everyone there!

Edit: Actually, I'm gonna have to take a small raincheck again. It's looking like another half-hour or hour now. Sorry!

Probably going to seriously regret this since my aiming with projectile weapons is ass, but I thought I'd give the E-Litre 3K Scope a little try. What number of damage up sub abilities should I be looking at getting (assuming no mains)?

Zing

Banned
Probably going to seriously regret this since my aiming with projectile weapons is ass, but I thought I'd give the E-Litre 3K Scope a little try. What number of damage up sub abilities should I be looking at getting (assuming no mains)?
Rule of thumb is two mains, and a sub is equal to 1/3 of a main.

Top Bottom