• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

J@hranimo

Banned
Everyone that was using an E-Liter Scope tonight had their cyan trainers on lol.

That was the last thing I looked at before turning the game off.

Finalow

GGs everyone

Violet I think you kill me at least 15 times with that damn kraken, there sure was some lag because I was seeing you being far away and 1 second later I'm dead lol.

Jintor

Jesus just has the craziest game of extra time, nearly a full minute and a half in skatepark, we were on one point but couldn't take back the points for almost the entire time

WALKMAN04

It's great, I get about 3 to 4 echolocator if I don't die. You should give it a shot, if you're good at surviving it really makes up for a bad team.

I haven't seen his shoes, but Violet has damage up shoes with 2 damage up subs. I currently have damage up shoes with 1 damage up sub.
I may try it out eventually, and yeah I have damage up shoes with 1 damage up sub as well, I really want those 2 on my shoes though lol

Violet_0

Banned
GGs everyone

Violet I think you kill me at least 15 times with that damn kraken, there sure was some lag because I was seeing you being far away and 1 second later I'm dead lol.

yeah there's some lag on the kraken, unfortunately. Well, on the charger too, but it wasn't that bad during this session. Most of my kill delays were with ryechu

I'm falling in love with the sploosh-o-matic right now. Riding a hell of a winning streak with it. I feel like it gives me such good coverage and mobility I can out maneuver anyone and cover the whole map very quickly. Really starting to come around to the jump beacons too. The current splat zone maps give some fantastic placements for the beacons; even if my teammates aren't using them they allow me to sneak in and prevent the enemy from taking control too long. Killer Wail isn't my favorite special, but it serves a purpose. If I could trade it for a bubbler or some kind of bomb rush (with still keeping beacons) it'd be unstoppable. Inkzooka would be nice too. Are there any variations expected in future updates?

Geg

yeah there's some lag on the kraken, unfortunately. Well, on the charger too, but it wasn't that bad during this session. Most of my kill delays were with ryechu

I remember you delay killing me and me delay killing you but it's hard to know how often it happened. You would know better since you got me way more than I got you lol

Violet_0

Banned
I remember you delay killing me and me delay killing you but it's hard to know how often it happened. You would know better since you got me way more than I got you lol

yup, I probably get lag spikes that with most people in the room at some point when I play for a longer period of time. Most of the time I can't really tell if I get delay killed, but I get a pretty good idea how bad the lag is when I do the splatting

Robotguy

Has anyone tried juperjumping and then inkstriking their landing location mid jump?
Oh no, robotguy seeing me trying out a new weapon

I'll try, hahaha

It kinda works? Lessens the launch time by around a second.

Is there a problem with that? :p
Huh, didn't think it would change the launch time, I was just thinking it might be a possibility for protecting your landings.

ryechu

HOLY SHIT THE RANGE ISNT INSIGNIFICANT. I just sniped a roller who was on the level above where the enemy splatzone is. The ledge where the two grate ledges climb up to. From the E liter spot on moray towers.

CKf0jWAUMAE7hvl.jpg:large

CKf0VdPVEAAThJC.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/623735964377092097
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/623735724194443264

Has anyone tried juperjumping and then inkstriking their landing location mid jump?

Is there a problem with that? :p
Huh, didn't think it would change the launch time, I was just thinking it might be a possibility for protecting your landings.

I didn't test it too thoroughly, but it seemed like you can bypass some of the "tablet" animation by clicking R3 after the superjump apex. It doesn't work quickly enough to protect your landing, though.

Hahaha maybe I'll leave the testing out new weapons for the next Splatfest. A shameful Jet Squelcher display!

Azure J

Thanks to everyone that stopped by my stream yesterday/earlier today. I had a weird issue with a Chrome process that ended it a few minutes ago, but for the most part everything else is A-OK. I'll be streaming whenever I have time to kill and I'm definitely interested in upping the stream presentation over time. at the very least, getting stream chat into videos is a short term goal unless you all prefer all the screen real estate be used on the game itself.

ryechu

Thanks to everyone that stopped by my stream yesterday/earlier today. I had a weird issue with a Chrome process that ended it a few minutes ago, but for the most part everything else is A-OK. I'll be streaming whenever I have time to kill and I'm definitely interested in upping the stream presentation over time. at the very least, getting stream chat into videos is a short term goal unless you all prefer all the screen real estate be used on the game itself.

it was fun.

ryechu

I did not know that spyke could give you clones of other peoples gear. I thought it was only one filled for one star, two max for 2 star and on max for 3 star. Woops.

This makes that ink resistance 3 dmg up that was lost a little while ago more of a tragedy. There is a chance we could've salvaged it. And now I will try to make my 4 dmg up up hat.

Late night Tower Defense repeat matches where I keeping hitting a wall of the same competent and well stocked team. Luna Blaster always strong for this and a scoped at Arowana Mall is a hell.

Dropped to B-

jepense

Apparently if a lot of people play more the more will climb to A, A+ especially. The ranking system is not balanced and tends toward people gaining points since you rank up when you hit 100 exactly but you dont rank down when you hit 0. http://www.evanmiller.org/evaluating-splatoons-ranking-system.html

Yes, the system feeds in more points as games are played, pushing the ranks up. I think assuming random outcomes the steady state is achieved only when enough people are at A+ 99, because when those people win, they don't get any more points but the losers still lose points, and this reduces the total number of points in circulation. Of course the matches are not totally random, but that doesn't actually matter as the total number of points keeps increasing until the A+ 99 crew destroys points at the same rate as they are being produced. So get to work, people.

RiggyRob

Does Splat Zones and Tower Control rotate evenly? I.e. If Splat Zones is on the rotation now, will Tower Control definitely be on the rotation next, or is it decided randomly?

ryechu

Yes, the system feeds in more points as games are played, pushing the ranks up. I think assuming random outcomes the steady state is achieved only when enough people are at A+ 99, because when those people win, they don't get any more points but the losers still lose points, and this reduces the total number of points in circulation. Of course the matches are not totally random, but that doesn't actually matter as the total number of points keeps increasing until the A+ 99 crew destroys points at the same rate as they are being produced. So get to work, people.

I'm not a fan of this system. They should add the S ranks and also fix this asymmetry.

jepense

I'm not a fan of this system. They should add the S ranks and also fix this asymmetry.
Having more ranks won't change the bias unless a loss there makes you lose more points than you gain from a win. Also, there is another way points can be destroyed: get disconnected from a winning game and you'll lose points even when your team won. I have no idea how likely this is, but it happens and with no positive bias the total number of points in circulation would decrease, and people would start clumping at the bottom ranks. It's then a question of what is a good balance.

ryechu

Having more ranks won't change the bias unless a loss there makes you lose more points than you gain from a win. Also, there is another way points can be destroyed: get disconnected from a winning game and you'll lose points even when your team won. I have no idea how likely this is, but it happens and with no positive bias the total number of points in circulation would decrease, and people would start clumping at the bottom ranks. It's then a question of what is a good balance.

I'm saying they should add a rank and simultaneously get rid of the bias.

KuroNeeko

Do you guys usually use the gyro controls?

I've tried it a few times but it's just so awkward....then again I usually only play Carbon / Brush / .52 Deco....

Heng

I've tried it a few times but it's just so awkward....then again I usually only play Carbon / Brush / .52 Deco....
It takes some time to get use to it, but once you've mastered it your aim will improve. Even as a roller, it'll allow you to jump towards or away from your enemy and swing your ink at the same time.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
So what happens if i order an item through spyke that i already own? Do you end up with two or does the one you order override the one you already own?

ryechu

No one said it isnt awkward in the beginning. I turned it off immediately during the test fire. I knew it would be the better option so when i bought the game I forced myself to use it and I played an hour of the campaign before going online. Most of us use gyro and all of our charger players do as well. Its objectivley better, and the awkward goes away and it becomes really natural.

ryechu

a productive all nighter. I got a 3 dmg up anchor sweat and a 3 ink saver part time pirate and I got used to E liter scope in ranked. Bad news is I lost 69 points.

E liter 3k scope is disgusting on moray towers. Port mackeral TC? Not so much.

DaBoss

Did you complete the single-player yet? Many people have gotten used to gyro by playing through the single-player with gyro enabled.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Have they ever nerfed weapons or specials before? This is going to be controversial, but I feel like the Inkzooka should be nerfed...

To be specific, I think the range should be reduced to at least match the e-liter...

Top Bottom