• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

Is the perk systerm entirely random in this game when it comes to remodelling via urchin dude?

I have seen people with 3x Stength or Defense etc, so I assume it cant be too random?
It is random but certain gear has a higher chance to get a certain perk.

Is the perk systerm entirely random in this game when it comes to remodelling via urchin dude?

I have seen people with 3x Stength or Defense etc, so I assume it cant be too random?

If you give him an item with full slots, he will reroll the three additional slots for one sea snail. It is random. You can reroll as long as you have the snails for it.

ryechu

sometimes i lurk squidboards, reddit or gamefaqs and i see topics like buff dmg up, and chargers and nerf aerospray and I wish a greater number of people took this game more seriously.

I'm gonna call it a night for now. GGs everyone!

I'm really lucky that the game picked Skatepark so often :p the Splash-o-Matic does way worse on Arowana Mall imo.

correojon

Seems weird because I seemingly just keep spinning the same shit over and over again.

Just keep on trying, it took me more than 24 snails and 200k but I finally rerolled 3 Ink Recovery Ups on my Neon Green shoes :) It only took like 6 rerolls to get triple Sub Ink Savers on the Safari Hat though, so it´s just luck.

If you want to combine subs across different gear it´s pretty easy to get 2 of the same sub, just look at what brands have affinities towards the subs you want.

ryechu

bubbler - yay!
ink mines - nay...

really though ink mines are pretty bad

you dont support your team with the ink brush by staying near your temamates meaning bubble is mostly a solo special. you cna shoot the brush twice and suddenly its out of range.

Violet_0

Banned
you dont support your team with the ink brush by staying near your temamates meaning bubble is mostly a solo special. you cna shoot the brush twice and suddenly its out of range.

yeah technically the kraken would do just about the same trick (might even be better for the added mobility solo) but the option to shield your team is still pretty interesting for the final push in the deciding moment of the game

I find it kinda funny that the bubbler is in fact so good that they don't give it to any of the new weapons other than the Ink Brush Noveau
They could instantly make ink mines useful AND the bomb sniffer ability useful by making the bombs go off twice as fast after detection.
agreed, the timer is the biggest issue with the sub. I can't really recall the last time I was splatted by a mine, they are so easy to avoid or trigger by shooting at them

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Do any of these kids even use gyro aiming?

What's the percentage of Splatoon players who use gyro aiming? Does anyone here use it?

I'm genuinely curious because I don't think the number of people who use gyro aiming should be high. I've heard the argument that it can increase your potential skill level if used properly, which is probably true, but would be extremely hard to master. But if mastered you'll probably reach Super Saiyan capabilities.

I'm constantly rotating the camera and I find get by more than fine with the right analog like I did with Gears of War, another 3rd person shooter which are actually both pretty similar.

What's the percentage of Splatoon players who use gyro aiming? Does anyone here use it?

I'm genuinely curious because I don't think the number of people who use gyro aiming should be high. I've heard the argument that it can increase your potential skill level if used properly, which is probably true, but would be extremely hard to master. But if mastered you'll probably reach Super Saiyan capabilities.

I'm constantly rotating the camera and I find get by more than fine with the right analog like I did with Gears of War, another 3rd person shooter which are actually both pretty similar.

I think all, or nearly all, of the high level players here use gyro.

RedFyn

My inconsistent play puts me around maybe the middle or upper middle of the GAF totem pole, occasionally being maybe near the top, only to drop back down.
So like this?
untitled_2_33pbf4.png

I had to edit out everyone else's names so as not to cause a ruckus

Jackano

Wait, USA never got that Callie and Marie roller coaster/water slide art. We got the one below.

So they replace the slightly risque bikini one with a slide full of ghost semen.

The resume pic is from a japanese fan twitter account. I don't know if the art you're talking about is official.

Rize_21

"1 sketch has been sent from a boffin.
Isn't it he who thought it seemed to be TAKOZONESU... in front of this?
Has it been sent by mistake...,....
Oh? That I watch carefully, slightly different.......
Well, well, oh! Yes, well,---! "

Using excite.co.jp's translator.
On a side note, I never noticed that the Takoroka brand is a tribute to Etnies( a skate brand).
Also if the octolings are introduced, I hope that they'll come with an extension of the single player mode, still expecting them for splatoon 2.

Top Bottom