• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Dryk

Got another team that never seem to get on the fucking tower <.<

Still managed a 31-15 loss though so it wasn't so bad. Still at one point we got right into their base and I had to watch them get standing around the tower getting picked off one by one once I'd died.

J@hranimo

Banned
Inklings vs Octolings, the true PvP Splatoon mode :p

It would be weird though, cause their hair is their main defining factor and there are only females (that we know of).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And Zelda references

j50rtxKVRVk3E.jpg

Zing

Banned
I wish they used the other dpad directions for pings.

Something like "get on the tower!" and "paint the base!" would be cool
I wouldn't want people to get bossy. The people who need this sort of direction wouldn't even know what to do anyway. I would prefer informative "I'm attacking" or "I'm defending" messages.

StAidan

Yeah you tended to try attacking me while I was still way out of your range a lot. You gotta use the brush's speed to either retreat and try another approach or maneuver around me and get in close

I have a strong bias toward engagement when I meet an enemy unexpectedly (which happened with you a lot), kind of overrode my natural survival instinct. I played stealthier on Monday and did a lot better on average, so I think I just need to do a better job of keeping my wits, lol.

Crayolan

Brought my Wii U over to a friend's place yesterday and had both of us join some GAF rooms (if you saw a cornpop, that was my friend). It's pretty fun teaming up with someone right next to you, which makes it all the worse that you can't have 2 people online together on 1 Wii U.

I also used his amiibos to get the remaining minigames and weapon skins I didn't have. For the boy amiibo, the challenges were only slightly more difficult, and the final boss was pretty much the same. For the Squid amiibo, the Kraken challenges were boring as fuck, even the final boss. On the other hand, the limited ink challenges were awesome and it made me sad that there were so much fewer limited ink challenges than there were kraken challenges. Limited Ink Inkvisible Avenues was the most stressful thing ever.

As for the minigames, Squid Racer>Squid Jump>Squid Ball.
Squid Beatz>All
but fuck hard mode

Literally never going to do anything between matches anymore except play the Squid Sisters final boss theme.

This hasn't been discussed (?) even if the art has been posted, but looks like product placement is finally happening for the next Japanese Splatfest:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/623735964377092097

That Callie/Marie art is adorable.

looks like they started teasing something... August update related?

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/624140149736079360

translation by PushDustIn
lazy to translate on my own

Sakakguchi/Amano pls.

I wouldn't want people to get bossy. The people who need this sort of direction wouldn't even know what to do anyway. I would prefer informative "I'm attacking" or "I'm defending" messages.

Yeah, I agree, I'm just venting, lol

Maybe "Let's go!" to promote a push forward, and "Danger!" so people don't jump to you

Africanus

I already told you on Twitch chat, but yea.

Here's how I did it for everyone else.

That wall is paintable. You can use it to hide.Doing a fake suicide would only work on those who didn't know about it.

I did that on accident with a Kraken. Fell down over there thinking it was over. But nope!
Climbed up and got the person who knocked me back.

I hate the nerf to Kraken :(

noshten

Guys do you think that the August update will include playable Octolings, hence Team Matchmaking will be made up of one team of squids and one team of Octolings. Not sure why Japan's twitter will be making cryptic twitts about it.

beaten

looks like they started teasing something... August update related?

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/624140149736079360

translation by PushDustIn
lazy to translate on my own

Geg

Guys do you think that the August update will include playable Octolings, hence Team Matchmaking will be made up of one team of squids and one team of Octolings. Not sure why Japan's twitter will be making cryptic twitts about it.

beaten

That's a bit of a leap to make from just a tweet of an octoling without her goggles

So like this?

untitled_2_33pbf4.png

I had to edit out everyone else's names so as not to cause a ruckus

Putting me on the tank works well because I move up and down enough to make freaking pistons jealous.

Oh, I think there's a typo on that totem. Your name is at the very top for some reason.

You'd be at the top if it was the Roller Totem. =P

There wasn't a redundant sentence at all in this post earlier. Nope. None whatsoever.

Geg

I need to play against more gaffers who use rollers so I can figure out a good way to counter ninja/shark tactics. As it stands right now I get completely wrecked by SM239 whenever he uses the carbon roller

I need to play against more gaffers who use rollers so I can figure out a good way to counter ninja/shark tactics. As it stands right now I get completely wrecked by SM239 whenever he uses the carbon roller

Have fun with Red once his gamepad charger arrives.

Geg

Yeah I've played against Red a few times, I managed to do okay against him in a room that was just me, him, and a bunch of randoms but I can't keep up with rollers who have a full gaf team backing them up.

ANYWAY

The August issue of Famitsu has a bunch of Splatoon stuff and I've found some scans. No new info that I could see but they had a poll on their website (sample size of 3798) and here are some of the results:

-Vast majority of people who voted are level 20
-Most are ranked in the B- through B+ range, but there's a big spike at A+ as well
-71% don't usually play TPSs or FPSs
-73% play as the Inkling girl
-31% choose gear purely for their abilities, 15% choose purely on style/looks, 54% say both is important
-64% prefer an aggressive playstyle (taking out the enemy) over a non-aggressive one (focusing on spreading ink)
-47% are Team Callie, 53% are Team Marie

Weapon popularity:
1. Tentatek Splattershot
2. Krak-on Roller
3. Splash-O-Matic
4. Aerospray RG
5. Splattershot Jr.
6. Inkbrush
7. Dual Squelcher
8. .96 Gal
9. .52 Gal Deco
10. Aerospray MG

Sub-weapon popularity:
1. Splat Bombs
2. Suction Bombs
3. Sprinkler
4. Seeker
5. Burst Bombs

Special popularity:
1. Inkstrike
2. Inkzooka
3. Echolocator
4. Kraken
5. Bomb Rush

Ability popularity:
1. Ink Saver (Main)
2. Ninja Squid
3. Ink Resistance
4. Damage Up
5. Ink Recovery Up
6. Special Charge Up
7. Swim Speed Up
8. Cold Blooded
9. Quick Respawn
10. Bomb Range Up

Favorite stage:
1. Walleye Warehouse
2. Kelp Dome
3. Blackbelly Skatepark

Least favorite stage:
1. Bluefin Depot
2. Arowana Mall
3. Port Mackerel

Yeah I've played against Red a few times, I managed to do okay against him in a room that was just me, him, and a bunch of randoms but I can't keep up with rollers who have a full gaf team backing them up.

ANYWAY

The August issue of Famitsu has a bunch of Splatoon stuff and I've found some scans. No new info that I could see but they had a poll on their website (sample size of 3798) and here are some of the results:

-Most are ranked in the B- through B+ range, but there's a big spike at A+ as well
-31% choose gear purely for their abilities, 15% choose purely on style/looks, 54% say both is important
-64% prefer an aggressive playstyle (taking out the enemy) over a non-aggressive one (focusing on spreading ink)

Weapon popularity:
1. Tentatek Splattershot
2. Krak-on Roller
3. Splash-O-Matic
4. Aerospray RG
5. Splattershot Jr.
6. Inkbrush
7. Dual Squelcher
8. .96 Gal
9. .52 Gal Deco
10. Aerospray MG

Sub-weapon popularity:
1. Splat Bombs
2. Suction Bombs
3. Sprinkler
4. Seeker
5. Burst Bombs

Special popularity:
1. Inkstrike
2. Inkzooka
3. Echolocator
4. Kraken
5. Bomb Rush

Ability popularity:
1. Ink Saver (Main)
2. Ninja Squid
3. Ink Resistance
4. Damage Up
5. Ink Recovery Up
6. Special Charge Up
7. Swim Speed Up
8. Cold Blooded
9. Quick Respawn
10. Bomb Range Up

Favorite stage:
1. Walleye Warehouse
2. Kelp Dome
3. Blackbelly Skatepark

Least favorite stage:
1. Bluefin Depot
2. Arowana Mall
3. Port Mackerel
I miss the days when I was the only one using tentatek lol
Seems like the splattershot pro isn't too popular

Violet_0

Banned

I find it unlikely that there will be a team Octolings versus team Squids (that would require an evenly split player base which is just not really possible) but it seems like Octolings might become playable after all, although I don't know how they'd fix the headgear problem

anyway, Octolings are fresh

Zing

Banned
I miss the days when I was the only one using tentatek lol
Seems like the splattershot pro isn't too popular
Tentatek appeared to me to become popular with the release of Tower Control. Suction Bombs and long range damage.

Splattershot Pro ink usage is very high. For this reason, it feels difficult to use in any mode. It doesn't ink well in turf wars, and has to recharge too frequently to help keep control in splat zones or tower control. Tower Control is particularly harsh when you are spending half your time in the field recharging ink.

Lunar15

I know this is random but is any SplatGAF playing Rocket League as well? Does it live up to the hype and is it as addicting/fun as Splatoon?

I actually pretty much completely stopped playing Splatoon to play Rocket League. I'll come back to Splatoon one day, but right now Rocket League is one of the most outrageously addicting games I've ever played.

I know this is random but is any SplatGAF playing Rocket League as well? Does it live up to the hype and is it as addicting/fun as Splatoon?
Just looked this game up doesn't do anything for me personally so I will stick to splatoon
Though I do need to get back into smash bros I'm sure I'm super rusty now

Nia

There's nothing more I want than playable Octolings, but I don't think there's much of a chance this update points to it. At least I don't want to get my hopes up.

Zing

Banned
I watched a few videos. I'm happy for the PS4 fans to have a fun team game to play, but I would never choose this over Splatoon.

Speaking of that, anyone online now? I'm debating between playing or having a nap. :D

DaBoss

I haven't actually played it, but I did watch streams of it before and it seems like a lot of fun. It looks like a simple, but fun multiplayer game.

I actually pretty much completely stopped playing Splatoon to play Rocket League. I'll come back to Splatoon one day, but right now Rocket League is one of the most outrageously addicting games I've ever played.

I might drop the cash and pick it up for Steam today. I basically play Splatoon daily, so I'll see if Rocket League will change that lol

phanphare

Banned

game looks pretty fun but I wasn't curious enough to drop $20 on it

plus I'll just wait for the superior version to release on 3DS, being blast ball

Azure J

ANYWAY

Weapon popularity:
1. Tentatek Splattershot
2. Krak-on Roller
3. Splash-O-Matic
4. Aerospray RG
5. Splattershot Jr.
6. Inkbrush
7. Dual Squelcher
8. .96 Gal
9. .52 Gal Deco
10. Aerospray MG

Sub-weapon popularity:
1. Splat Bombs
2. Suction Bombs
3. Sprinkler
4. Seeker
5. Burst Bombs

Special popularity:
1. Inkstrike
2. Inkzooka
3. Echolocator

4. Kraken
5. Bomb Rush

Ability popularity:
1. Ink Saver (Main)
2. Ninja Squid
3. Ink Resistance

4. Damage Up
5. Ink Recovery Up
6. Special Charge Up
7. Swim Speed Up
8. Cold Blooded

9. Quick Respawn
10. Bomb Range Up

Favorite stage:
1. Walleye Warehouse
2. Kelp Dome
3. Blackbelly Skatepark

Least favorite stage:
1. Bluefin Depot
2. Arowana Mall
3. Port Mackerel

Japanese gamers know what's good indeed. :D

Also, it looks like I missed a shitton of information today.

Azure J

i really hope they rethink inkbrush nouveau. as it stands its going to be worthless.

It's just about the saddest "missed opportunity" ever as is. If it came with Suction Bombs or more optimally Burst Bombs, it would be the best brush overall (yes even over Octo and its variants) just for the utility.

I KNEW you could do it. I just never knew how to re-emulate sniping a sprinkler on the enemy team's side through said grate. Now I HAVE to get better with E-Liter Scope. :lol

Top Bottom