• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

You guys are lucky, I wish my teammates would stop using my beacons. They die way too often and when I need it, it's no longer there.

I would hesitate calling the octobrush bad, some of us remember the inkzooka debate. There's a difference between it being bad and you not understanding how it works. Daboss has a sick octobrush, try him if you think it's bad.

DaBoss

My Booyah uses:
1) I use it if my teammate takes out the person who killed me. I've actually seen other random people do this as well when I take out the enemy player who took them out. It's a nice gesture.
2) I spam it if I die and it is a position that I consider important for my teammates to know.
3) I use it when we got back the zones/tower at a critical situation (enemy team was just about to take the lead). Also I use it when we take the lead or are about to win. Teammates usually do this back in these situations.
4) If there are 3 or more players on my team with the same weapon or weapon type (weapon types being rollers, chargers, or blasters), then I use it at the start. This is more of a sarcastic thing cause I don't want this lol, but we gotta believe we can do it.
5) If a teammate does it at the beginning, then I may do it as well (if the rest of the team does it, then I do it for sure). The reason I try not to do this is because people may just think I just Booyah randomly, which wouldn't be a good thing.

My Booyah uses:
1) I use it if my teammate takes out the person who killed me. I've actually seen other random people do this as well when I take out the enemy player who took them out. It's a nice gesture.
2) I spam it if I die and it is a position that I consider important for my teammates to know.
3) I use it when we got back the zones/tower at a critical situation (enemy team was just about to take the lead). Also I use it when we take the lead or are about to win. Teammates usually do this back in these situations.
4) If there are 3 or more players on my team with the same weapon or weapon type (weapon types being rollers, chargers, or blasters), then I use it at the start. This is more of a sarcastic thing cause I don't want this lol, but we gotta believe we can do it.
5) If a teammate does it at the beginning, then I may do it as well (if the rest of the team does it, then I do it for sure). The reason I try not to do this is because people may just think I just Booyah randomly, which wouldn't be a good thing.

Don't forget spamming Booyah when you make a dumb move like dropping through a grate into water or accidentally suiciding at Moray from a failed wall climb. =P

Robotguy

I mostly just booyah at the start of GAF matches, especially if I'm with I'm with guysloth.

I also use it when I or someone else makes a big play sometimes to try to notify the team that it's safe to push. I don't really think I make as good a use of the pings as I could though.

Geg

One of the best strategic uses of booyah's I've seen was at arowana mall, I was coming out of the side hallways into the center area when I saw a bunch of booyahs directly to my right. One of my teammates had gotten to that perch directly to the right of that entryway on the enemy's side but got taken out by someone coming up behind them on it, and the booyahs were warning me they were there. I took them out, gave a booyah of my own to thank them, and got splatted by someone else like five seconds later lol

I noticed Kas booyahs at the start of every match it seems, it's nice

Oh yeah I noticed someone doing that in a gaf room a while back, I guess that was you.

Zing

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out the correct etiquette for when to say "Nice/Booya". Most players use it as a "thank-you" or a "well-done", but those aren't particularly helpful.

I'm trying to use it after splatting some foes and securing the area, but that doesn't happen too often, so I also use it if I see all of the enemy team die during my kill-cam/recon. Basically I want to use the call out as an "all clear" signal, which is something that IS helpful to know.

But I can't let go of my urge to be polite and give "Nice/Booya" to people who save me, or don't die when I super jump to their location.

It's hard work being a squid.
I use "cmon" when I have splatted three or four opponents in a row, or when I have avenged a teammate and I plan on holding the position for a few seconds. I also sometimes use it when I place a beakon.

I exclusively use Booya to applaud a teammate or thank him for a save.

I've been doing some re-rolls lately in an attempt to get my camo hat and jacket to NOT have bomb range up or special duration up, both of which are useless with Splooshamatic. I don't really care what I get otherwise. They are both Zink, so I think they favour ink saver (sub). I just like how the full camo outfit looks with the "red boots of speed" (red work boots with triple run speed up). They have the ideal Sploosh mains for infiltrating enemy base as well (ink saver main, quick respawn, quick jump). I can't wait for Moray Towers to come into rotation again, so I can hunt some ELiter scopes.

DaBoss

You're better of using the Krak-On Roller over the Octobrush. The Octobrush has only two things over it, speed and ink coverage. Or if you want the sub and special, but neither of those weapons, use a Custom E-liter 3K lol.
Don't forget spamming Booyah when you make a dumb move like dropping through a grate into water or accidentally suiciding at Moray from a failed wall climb. =P
lol yea. I don't spam it, but I definitely use it when I do something dumb.

And yea, I do use it when a teammate takes out an enemy if I was in danger or something of being splatted by them.

phanphare

Banned
I booyah if I get splatted and one of my teammates is nearby to alert them

if my teammate splats whoever splatted me I'll usually give a nice booyah as well

any other use of booyah by me is in the moment, like if I'm in a tough situation and a teammate comes to the rescue or something like that

Rize_21

I think there should be be a command that says "I just got splatted. Watch out" or "There's a Kraken right behind me. Run"
For the first one it'd be "Boom shakalaka!" And the second "ayyy lmao yolo"...hmm sounds about right! e: but simply, I'd just want the US ones, it would be a nice addition with "nice" and "to me!".

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Tower control makes my blood boil. I always come on top. We are frequently 1 or 2 points away from victory, and I'm the one who always has to get on the tower. Ugh.

ryechu

what sensitivity do you charger/shooter players use? I like +3 for chargers but i feel like i need more for shooters and i want to make a compromise.

DaBoss

Lol both of these seem to outnumber regular gun users in gaf
I guess it may seem that way, but it's more likely that the shooters don't have much to talk about. They're pretty straight forward with range, accuracy, and ink coverage being the main difference between them (and ink efficiency).

I guess it may seem that way, but it's more likely that the shooters don't have much to talk about. They're pretty straight forward with range, accuracy, and ink coverage being the main difference between them (and ink efficiency).
This. ShooterGAF is the biggest.

RollerGAF has to constantly defend themselves from "rollers are so OP" accusations with "Look, only the Dynamo is dumb!" and people constantly go, "omg this charger user is so fucking good" and chargerGAF goes "Yep that was me :D"

Whereas shooters just do whatever.

J@hranimo

Banned
Us in ShooterGAF are well rounded. Decent in all stats plus great specials like Inkzooka, Bomb rushes, and....bubbler *grumbles under breath*

Although I feel high level Splatoon comes down to quick scope charger play.

This. ShooterGAF is the biggest.

RollerGAF has to constantly defend themselves from "rollers are so OP" accusations with "Look, only the Dynamo is dumb!" and people constantly go, "omg this charger user is so fucking good" and chargerGAF goes "Yep that was me :D"

Whereas shooters just do whatever.

Always baffles me that the shooter players raise a big stink about rollers being OP when they are all running around with bloody 52 Gal and 96 Gal variants. 2 hit kill automatic weapons with ridiculous range and accuracy, decent rate of fire, good ink consumption, good inking ability and subs/abilities that cover every angle (including a goddamn Kraken for invincibility too). Every category has some bullshit weapons.

Zing

Banned
Not a single person used any of my beakons despite this being pretty much the best map to use them.

Help me GAF, you are my only hope!

On that last Moray map, our charger was slowly walking around using nothing but bombs.

Always baffles me that the shooter players raise a big stink about rollers being OP when they are all running around with bloody 52 Gal and 96 Gal variants. 2 hit kill automatic weapons with ridiculous range and accuracy, decent rate of fire, good ink consumption, good inking ability and subs/abilities that cover every angle (including a goddamn Kraken for invincibility too). Every category has some bullshit weapons.
Have gaf shooters complained about rollers? Or is that at other boards?

J@hranimo

Banned

I never said rollers are OP. At first glance I saw them to be really good in the right hands but no OP. They are the shotguns of this game so any sneak kills from them cause salt but other than that definitely not OP.

Geg

Not a single person used any of my beakons despite this being pretty much the best map to use them.

Help me GAF, you are my only hope!

On that last Moray map, our charger was slowly walking around using nothing but bombs.

I won't be able to play for another hour at least! I want to get on though I love those stages

phanphare

Banned
I'm sure I'll be here ready to get splatted by your squelcher.

Someone, please get zozo the bozo out of this room.

I'm waiting, I guess no one left the room lol. results -> standby -> 3 minutes left

yall must have made a good impression on zozo haha

Crayolan

You guys are lucky, I wish my teammates would stop using my beacons. They die way too often and when I need it, it's no longer there.

I would hesitate calling the octobrush bad, some of us remember the inkzooka debate. There's a difference between it being bad and you not understanding how it works. Daboss has a sick octobrush, try him if you think it's bad.

There wasn't much of a "debate" over the inkzooka, it was just me calling it bad. And I still don't think it's all that good.

Top Bottom