• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Violet_0

Banned
gifs!

xI6lgEI.gif

Splatoon is Nintendo's TF2 alright. That face expression is awesome. Love the bucket too

je_ssi e

Just when I think they have most of every weapon type covered they add a damn bucket!
That is going to be absolutely hilarious to use and die by.

J@hranimo

Banned
Wait...I just...that's a bucket isn't it.

That's a fucking bucket! Genius!

Splatoon GOTY hands down. Nothing is touching this. There is a bucket weapon in a Third Person Shooter O__O

Yes I'm late but screw it I'm in traffic so I'm just now catching this.

Africanus

Please tell me the Gatling gun isn't another charger. I always use the heavy weaponry in games that I can, and felt Splatoon was lacking it. Until now!

ryechu

Please tell me the Gatling gun isn't another charger. I always use the heavy weaponry in games that I can, and felt Splatoon was lacking it. Until now!

It might not be. I mean it clearly charges, but the distinction would have to be whether or not you can release at partial charges to get shorter durations of fire. Also I dont get why it would matter? The weapon would be a subtype of charger at best since it evidently lacks the perfect accuracy and cursor of other chargers.

Does that map look a little asymmetrical or is it just me?
I think it might be the angle of the shot that makes it look asymmetrical, at least based on the picture from phanphare's picture. What's visible there clearly doesn't have any symmetry from left to right, but there's a tan water tower in the bottom left and a similarly tan water tower to the top right.

Btw it looks like blue is getting bodied on that map.

WALKMAN04

Damn, got disconnected and now the session is full
Edit: oh yeah and just so you know, Kas you are lagging like crazy, and this is from someone who was on the same team as you for most of the games

phanphare

Banned
yeah but the middle section with the automatic sliding door (!) doesn't seem to be mirrored, and judging from the position of the water tanks it looks like we can view almost the whole map

yeah true

hopefully we'll find out soon enough

knowing Nintendo we're going to get the maps we've never seen before we get these ones lol. triggerfish'd

Africanus

It might not be. I mean it clearly charges, but the distinction would have to be whether or not you can release at partial charges to get shorter durations of fire. Also I dont get why it would matter? The weapon would be a subtype of charger at best since it evidently lacks the perfect accuracy and cursor of other chargers.

Oh no, it's just that I'm horrible with Chargers haha.
A subtype would be neat though!

Bucket? I'm in! =D Might main that thing for a while.
And if that's new music, then I'm doubly excited. Splatoon really needs it.

Oh yeah, the video also alleviates my fear about the Rainmaker's offensive capabilities. If it shot as fast as the inkzooka, then it would be pretty easy to win once you got it. I imagine that the shield will be about as strong as the shield that surrounds the zapfish.
I think it might be the angle of the shot that makes it look asymmetrical, at least based on the picture from phanphare's picture. What's visible there clearly doesn't have any symmetry from left to right, but there's a tan water tower in the bottom left and a similarly tan water tower to the top right.

Btw it looks like blue is getting bodied on that map.
I thought you were saying that I was getting bodied for a moment. Oops. =P

Kicko

My interpretation of the lyrics in the supposed new song that's featured in the trailer.

Follow me, gotta pick it up
Follow me, gotta pick it up, ugh
Follow me, gotta pick up the pace ta
Beat the best to be the best!

Go ahead and hate me Gaf.

Oh man... seemed like all the randoms were Japanese today. Never played in a party with more than three English speakers. Got my butt handed to me five ways from Sunday, with both the Custom Jet and Dual Squelchers. Blegh.

Robotguy

Anyone know if the August update will include updated rankings to say Level 30?
We don't, but Sakaguchi hinted that they might be raising it:
"Learning the game mechanics with the gyro sensor - we thought that would take a lot of time. In that sense we're surprised that people have reached the level cap in such a short time. We're actually really worried about those people - worried that they're still sleeping and eating! We recognise that a lot of people have reached level 20, and that there's not much left to do in the game. There's not much I can announce today, but I hope you can look forward to some future announcements."

phanphare

Banned
Anyone know if the August update will include updated rankings to say Level 30?

nothing official but there was an interview recently where the developers noted that many people hit level 20 really quick and they don't have anything to say now but to pay attention to future updates

so something should be coming to increase the level cap

edit: beat

J4mm1nJ03

Picked this up today and am having a lot of fun with it! I also picked up an apparently defective copy of The Witcher 3 and can't exchange until tomorrow. :( More time to play Splatoon, I guess. :)

Oh wow, and near the end of the commercial, I didn't notice but the Rainmaker part looks like it's on a new level too. It looks like the Golden Gate Bridge and has a ton of grating and catwalks like Kelp Dome.

Top Bottom