• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

yes, the other team basically can't reach it
the flood gate mechanic doesn't really make sense to me at the moment, each team captures the other side in the first 2 minutes and then basically waits for the last minute to start
Would a bomb reach over the floodgates to the beakons?

phanphare

Banned
What bucket?

7f8B24m.gif

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Man triggerfish is basically pointless the first two minutes on turf war unless you have long distance weapons.

Crayolan

I feel like short range weapons have to just sit on the side and wait until everyone clears out from the spawn before they can do anything on Triggerfish. If a long range guy wants to sit there and camp you out there's not much you can do.

Needham

I've just been racing to the other teams spawn point on Camp Triggerfish and taking everyone out from behind. Probably would be a lot of fun with a brush if I were any good with them.

Holy shit, Splat Shield DESTROYS this new map on Splat Zones.

My .52 Gal never looked so good. You can almost solo-defend your team's zone if you have it w/ Ink Saver Sub buffs and still be in range to disrupt the other zone.

StAidan

Good games guys, I'm feeling sleepy so it must be time for me to call it a night. The new map is pretty nice, kind of a design we haven't seen before. I like how the routes over to the other side are limited and the battles that take place across the boardwalks.

Triggerfish Turf War is really fun and different, though I barely ever got to do any close quarters combat without getting annihilated. It gave me a chance to play E-Liter Scope, and I didn't do... super terribly, either!

Triggerfish Splat Zones... might be my easily least favorite Splat Zones map. The choke points are just insane. The match went on for about a whole minute before either team got control and it could have easily gone on longer. Snipers and a crazy good Octobrush hiding in the chokepoints who just annihilated anyone coming close over the ramp make me think that knock out victories will be the exception here.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I don't even know what I'm doing in Triggerfish. The strategy seems to go to the end as fast as possible, eliminate sentries, ink as much as you can on the enemy's side, and defend the area you've inked as best you can? Has this or some variation of this worked for people?

Top Bottom