• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

J@hranimo

Banned
Huh, that team was full of scrubs. First win on Triggerfish! Woo!

Although I can see my Hero Shot not doing me favors against..most every other weapon.

Definitely gonna focus on making an offensive bomb range loadout just for stuff like this.

Finalow

not sure why Red at some point just suicided shortly after the game began, and it didn't seem like an accident lol.

good games gaf~

Jims

Not sure how I feel about Camp Triggerfish. At first glance it feels like it suffers from the Moray Towers issue by having so few ways to get to the other side. But the circular nature of it reminds me a little of Bluefin. Still trying to get a handle on what the dominant strategy would be during the first two minutes. Do I just hang around and annoy the other side for awhile? Do I attempt a side invasion? Seems like Kraken or Bubblers could get a decent foothold/setup early on. Squid Beakons are really useful during the first two minutes.

Had one round where I managed to sneak into the enemy's side alley and get on top of their wall... Held 'em off for a little while but eventually got splatted anyway. It's tough figuring out what direction around your teammates are going and which way you need to cover.

Robotguy

Try it! It's the most different playstyle of all the weapons out there. :p
The range is stupid. :p

Oh yeah, was going to post turf inked stats, but couldn't when I was a work earlier:
Dual Squelcher: 792,372
Custom Jet Squelcher: 293,671
.96 Gal: 84481
Aero RG: 78502
Aero MG: 63960
Brush: 46108
Custom Blaster: 37938

It's weird because I love Moray Towers Splat Zones, but Triggerfish Splat Zones just feels frustrating because it requires even more effort to get to the other side, and the vertical aspects feel like they don't pay off as much. The vertical aspects kind of remind me of Bluefin, which always feel a little clumsy and frustrating.

Robotguy

So I'm feeling Jet Squelcher > Dual Squelcher on Triggerfish.
That's what I'm thinking. I might even want to use Standard Jet instead of the custom.
Me and Totakeke have prolonged duels whenever we run into each other when he's using it because we're just outside each other's range. Usually it ends when he activates his bubbler
Yeah, I had a bit of that on Triggerfish tonight.

CKvCii_UAAE1Qvo.jpg:large

Well, I guess lemon tea vs. milk tea will be orange vs. blue, no white ink. :\

CO_Andy

It's weird because I love Moray Towers Splat Zones, but Triggerfish Splat Zones just feels frustrating because it requires even more effort to get to the other side, and the vertical aspects feel like they don't pay off as much. The vertical aspects kind of remind me of Bluefin, which always feel a little clumsy and frustrating.
Yeah, the payoff ain't so great for short range weapons there.

J@hranimo

Banned
That's what I'm thinking. I might even want to use Standard Jet instead of the custom.

Yeah, I had a bit of that on Triggerfish tonight.

Yeah honestly I think either one would be good. I'm more for the custom jet squelched though.

Also this rotation for ranked kinda sucks. CJS is tough to use on Kelp Dome...

J@hranimo

Banned
Here you go.

0qEHR8f.png

MILK TEA FROM THE HEAVENS!

Oh yeah, I remembered my comment of saying Milk Tea is "gross" many pages back. I realized I never had true milk tea, my friend just mixed milk in her green tea...which was gross when I had it. THIS milk tea based on packaging looks good.

Top Bottom