• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

NeoRausch

For turf war, probably swim speed up, ink resistance and whatever you need help with on the third

Also try the splash o matic. It's a great fast firing gun

Thanks! Surprisingly enough I was looking into the splash-o-matic yesterday because the aerospray has the shitty range and the NZAP doesn't have enough DPS-"Oomph!" behind it for me

Going to to put a new set of fresh clothes together on you recommendations.
For the third one I think I will go for less consumption of the main. I always run out of ink to fast....

If anyone could now educate me on the diminish returns on the sub abilities...

For dummies please!

RedFyn

Thanks! Surprisingly enough I was looking into the splash-o-matic yesterday because the aerospray has the shitty range and the NZAP doesn't have enough DPS-"Oomph!" behind it for me

Going to to put a new set of fresh clothes together on you recommendations.
For the third one I think I will go for less consumption of the main. I always run out of ink to fast....

If anyone could now educate me on the diminish returns on the sub abilities...

For dummies please!
Good luck. That's why I left the third open. It just depends on what you need to complement your play.

Subs are worth 1/3 of the main.

Nico_D

I love the new map in Tower Control. Though I suspect my opinion may be influenced by the fact that I won four matches in a row. But the route of the tower is very good, many places to ambush it - it's just people don't know the map yet and don't know how to the advantage of those places.

Violet_0

Banned
ggs
I'm enjoying Camp Triggerfish, good times to be had here
hey I had 9 times as many kills as the rest of the team combined

e: are "spencer" or "Marie Momo" from GAF?

CKwMnQMUcAI7PYD.jpg:large

Can't wait to see the voting rate. :p

DaBoss

So, I had an excellent time @ Camp with SplatGAF. The archive is here and I highly recommend watching it all, but there were some choice moments that had to get highlighted:

- Wombo Combo
- My Favorite Summer Camp Memories
- Unsolved Mysteries | Part 2
- xXx_MLG_PrOsCoPe_420_xXx | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

If YouTube isn't your fancy, they're all highighted on my stream now. The first three videos are self explanatory. The last is a set of me getting stupidly SSS rank snipes only to miss everything easy ever.
I was wondering who threw the Disruptor in the Wombo Combo and then I realized it was me.

And during the 10 minute mark of your first charger video, you tell me to take advantage of your lines, but why would I? There's no advantage for me to charge into their spawn area when there was so much turf to cover in the floodgates area. The win condition is most turf inked and I was using a weapon good for covering turf, not for gunfights.

NotLiquid

COMPLETE RUNBACK AFTER OPPONENT REACHES 2 CLICKS LEFT ON TOWER CONTROL

SHIT

I'm trying to imagine how angry our opponents must have felt

DaBoss

Tower Control on Camp is fun. People definitely don't want to bubble over the water though lol.
Hum? Just back out after every match and re-enter. You'll always get stuck waiting for 30-60s or more unless your whole room stays.
You never really have to wait for a minute while Japanese players can access Ranked. 30s is probably the most after the last patch with some odd occasions where the lobby just screws up. There is always a mandatory 20s wait time in the lobby if a player leaves cause that is just the standby time after the results of the previous match.

And then the backing out and re-entering thing doesn't work well for A+ (probably for A- and A as well) since it may pair you up with other A+ players and look for more A+ players when there aren't many outside of Japan.

I just want to get home from work to try the new map D:

Meanwhile, I saw this post on the miiverse and I need to know how many rolls they did to get triple special charge up with their Amiibo clothes.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkTSBIlpA
You have 1 in 455 chance to get 3 of the same subs on brands/amiibo gear that don't favor any abilities... I know because the hero replica shoes are part of a build I want to make, but I'm afraid to start rolling them because I'll go empty wallet :(

atr0cious

It's called bunny hopping; it's quite annoying, and will hopefully be nerfed in a future update.

Reducing damage by 50% while jumping should do the trick.
Lmao please tell me this is a joke. Jumping is part of the meta game, and is actually what makes some weapons effective at certain ranges. The devs even mentioned motion control users would be at a distinct advantage and jumping is definitely a part of that.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao please tell me this is a joke. Jumping is part of the meta game, and is actually what makes some weapons effective at certain ranges. The devs even mentioned motion control users would be at a distinct advantage and jumping is definitely a part of that.

I'm not talking about inkbrush/roller users that jump once during the start of their attack wind-up, but users who hop constantly the entire f*king game.

I find it hard to believe that the devs wanted everyone to constantly jump up and down while playing. Like fire hopping in Mario Kart, it's an exploit that has no business being in the game.

Top Bottom