• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

I should learn charger...

Is there a Baby's First Charger tutorial/bullet point list out there? I want to crawl before I run.
I would recommend anything that's not a scope. If you choose anything besides a Squiffer, you're going to need at least 2 damage up. Squiffer has the fastest charge if no damage up is factored in.

For me personally, I got great practice in the testing facility. I would try to kill my targets with the minimum charge and at weird angles. I would also practice moving around and shooting, and even jumping. If you're going to use my practice, try to keep all dummies destroyed while constantly moving. You should also practice twitch aiming. While you're charging your shots, don't put your cursor on the target until the minimum 1 hit charge is ready. A good exercise is to try to stay under 110 damage.

I would not go into gaf room with no experience with chargers. Constantly dying while getting no kills would frustrate me which will then make me play even worse. Once you've gotten aiming down in the testing area, practice against random players. Try not to sit on perches or the usual sniping areas. You will find more success hitting people in areas they aren't expecting.

Geg

That gives me an idea of something we can do for a gaf room, everyone plays with a weapon they have zero experience with.

Well, for those of us who still have weapons we have no experience with lol

I should learn charger...

Is there a Baby's First Charger tutorial/bullet point list out there? I want to crawl before I run.

I've been trying to learn the charger's myself these past few days. It isn't easy lol. I think I'm getting better. I absolutely sucked yesterday when Bluefin was in the rotation.

Totakeke

Just realized that since each round of the squidboards tournament is 48 hours the weird starting time is not the showstopping problem I thought it would be.

Anyone want to form a GAF squad?

So the teams have to agree between themselves for a specified time for the match and the whole thing could take more than a week?

Sounds even more troublesome, but I'm up for it.

Crayolan

That gives me an idea of something we can do for a gaf room, everyone plays with a weapon they have zero experience with.

Well, for those of us who still have weapons we have no experience with lol

Easy for me, I still have some weapons I've never even bought.

Robotguy

So the teams have to agree between themselves for a specified time for the match and the whole thing could take more than a week?

Sounds even more troublesome, but I'm up for it.
They allow up to 8 players per team and you can rotate people between rounds as you see fit, so that can help with getting match times set up for teams with more than 4 members.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I would recommend anything that's not a scope. If you choose anything besides a Squiffer, you're going to need at least 2 damage up. Squiffer has the fastest charge if no damage up is factored in.

I don't know if it's a good idea to start with a scoped charger, but you should at least try scopes out eventually. I have had good results with the Splatterscope.

Azure J

I want to play on every team that'll have me. I want to learn how GAF plays the ranked modes and the only way I will is tailing them.

Heng

I don't know if it's a good idea to start with a scoped charger, but you should at least try scopes out eventually. I have had good results with the Splatterscope.
Yeah scopes are great but he asked which charger to start out with. Scopes are not great if you're not good at aiming yet so I would not recommend him learning scope before the regular. Of course some people can learn scope first but imo it's easier to just start out with the regular one.

Gsnap

Picking teams is gonna be kind of tough. But I'll play with whoever.

Personally I'd enjoy switching between various teams, and only really dedicating myself to one when playing in tournaments. All you people are good and fun to play with.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Yeah scopes are great but he asked which charger to start out with. Scopes are not great if you're not good at aiming yet so I would not recommend him learning scope before the regular. Of course some people can learn scope first but imo it's easier to just start out with the regular one.

Makes sense.

If anyone an example of someone who is awesome with the SplatterScope, ThatSRb2Dude is streaming right now with this weapon on Twitch. He also has some videos on YouTube...

Lol Kas is on his team right now and is also using a SplatterScope! Aw he DCed :( and will be stopping his stream

Heng

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1073776&page=85

This page has the start of a discussion on Chargers that might be interesting. It was when Azure wanted some tips and ideas.
I was reading up on the old discussion and what Sendou said applies to me very well lol. I do play my chargers like blasters, and I see both weapons having similar weaknesses. The only plus side using my charger instead of blaster is that people won't complain and sometimes the range comes in handy to pick off snipers which a blaster cannot. I also developed a nice bomb game and overall I find chargers more fun.

Does anyone else use a charger without any damage up? I saw Dan using it last night and I think he wasn't using any, but my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

J@hranimo

Banned
Whew, long boring day at work...time to catch up a bit.

Ok I'm down for any gaf squad, clique, group, whatever lol. Although I am East coast, so organizing with our West coast gaffers could possibly be a pain. As long as I'm able to propel us to victory I'm ok with any team.

After I play some tower control tonight, I think I'll play some more charger with gaf. I'll also take some of what Bluesilver and robotguy said earlier into account. I still feel high level Splatoon will be comprising of a group where everyone is adept at a charger. With pinpoint accuracy nobody is safe lol.

Hero Shot is still the main though XP. Burst bomb rush til I splat!

Robotguy

Picking teams is gonna be kind of tough. But I'll play with whoever.

Personally I'd enjoy switching between various teams, and only really dedicating myself to one when playing in tournaments. All you people are good and fun to play with.
Yeah, could be hard, but so far we don't even have enough people for multiple squads, so we'll worry about that when we come to it.
Main thing I think is to just try and make sure we have decent weapon balance across the teams while making sure that people can play what they like and are comfortable with. This is like a day 2 tournament, so I'm not going to worry about trying to recruit the top 3 players on gaf as my squadmates or anything too serious.

I was reading up on the old discussion and what Sendou said applies to me very well lol. I do play my chargers like blasters, and I see both weapons having similar weaknesses. The only plus side using my charger instead of blaster is that people won't complain and sometimes the range comes in handy to pick off snipers which a blaster cannot. I also developed a nice bomb game and overall I find chargers more fun.

Does anyone else use a charger without any damage up? I saw Dan using it last night and I think he wasn't using any, but my memory might be a bit fuzzy.

He only had one Damage Up sub ability.

WALKMAN04

I've seen Goya play with stacked ink saver mains once, don't know if that is his preferred option of play but he did just as well as he normally does with a charger.

Good luck to anyone that is joining the tournament from gaf, I have no plans to play in this tournament, mostly because I just don't feel like it so I will leave the spot for people more eager, but if you struggle to find a team Robotguy I will gladly join.

RedFyn

Good luck to anyone that is joining the tournament from gaf, I have no plans to play in this tournament, mostly because I just don't feel like it so I will leave the spot for people more eager, but if you struggle to find a team Robotguy I will gladly join.
You should at least play for fun. Make a pacifist team or something.

WALKMAN04

I just got my Elgato yesterday and I'm going to test streaming again in a minute. Probably for an hour or so if anyone wants to get on.
Link? I pop in on the other gaf streams from time to time so I would love to watch yours as well. I may not watch now but I at least want to know where to go lol
You should at least play for fun. Make a pacifist team or something.
If it was a gaf tournament then I would definitely join, but I'm just not feeling the tournament right now, maybe I will change my mind though

Robotguy

I've seen Goya play with stacked ink saver mains once, don't know if that is his preferred option of play but he did just as well as he normally does with a charger.

It would be great to have you, but we have more than enough people interested so far to form a team, so I guess you're off the hook for this one. :p

EulaCapra

Wow. I died 16 times in Tower Control.

My set was all Quick Respawn with OctoBrush. It wasn't a knockout win but a win nonetheless, and I guess I had the most time perched on the tower to stall for time before dying. Brush to tower. Die. Repeat. Accidental stalling strategy!

Violet_0

Banned
I'm one of the only users of the non-scoped Chargers. Violet is the other. The rest of ChargerGAF loves the scoped versions. The advantage is slightly better range and maybe damage. I dunno about the damage part.

Sendou doesn't use scoped chargers either. We're the cool kids/squids

Top Bottom