• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Ahnez

There are so many possibilities with private lobbies lol

I think a turf war in a limited map would be very chaotic fun

With limited map, I mean not allowing players to paint outside of a predefined area (not even for swimming), like only the central area of dome or only the north area of saltspray

idk.. I want to try this someday after the update lol

J@hranimo

Banned
That moment when you have a teammate in ranked with the CDS and you're like "Yes! My team ought to have the upper hand because we got a beakon user!"

...and then he never uses the beakons and the opposing team drives through into your base with their tower because THEY had a beakon user who actually USED their beakons!

D:<

Robotguy

A tournament sounds fun. I'm game.
#TeamDeathFromAbove

I didn't see a time, does it say when registration closes?
Our opponents are going to ban skatepark so fast

If it was a gaf tournament then I would definitely join, but I'm just not feeling the tournament right now, maybe I will change my mind though
There was some discussion of a GAf tourney, but so far no one has stepped up to try to get one actually organized. It would probably be best to wait until a while after the update to organize one anyways. The squidboards tourney is too soon IMO.

So far users who have expressed interest are myself, RedFyn, Blak_Status, Totakeke, Timeasisis, Azure J, Gsnap, and J@hranimo. So it looks like we'll probably end up with at least 2 squads. Think I'll probably create a google spreadsheet or something for people to sign up on/ indicate their preferred weapons/ whatever else might be relevant soon. Should be useful for trying to form well rounded teams I suppose.

Heng

The squid streaming coalition. About to hop on myself, with a nice beer in my belly.

And I got a message from MasterAI saying his gaf membership got revoked? Am I later on this? What happened?
It was more denied than revoked. He said this in your chat yesterday (or maybe Azure) but I think the problem was his email. I think he and red found the problem but I don't remember what they said.

Are burst bombs affected by damage ups?
Yes but it still takes 2 hits to kill.

Ahnez

It was more denied than revoked. He said this in your chat yesterday (or maybe Azure) but I think the problem was his email. I think he and red found the problem but I don't remember what they said.

Yes but it still takes 2 hits to kill.

Yeah. Still takes two hits to kill, but it can be useful in some cases.

Right, thanks :)

I run two dmg ups on my custom jet squelcher build because it gets a 1 bomb - 1 shot combo with it that kills pretty fast.

Actually, thats exactly what I was planning to do, thats why I asked lol

WALKMAN04

There was some discussion of a GAf tourney, but so far no one has stepped up to try to get one actually organized. It would probably be best to wait until a while after the update to organize one anyways. The squidboards tourney is too soon IMO.

So far users who have expressed interest are myself, RedFyn, Blak_Status, Totakeke, Timeasisis, Azure J, Gsnap, and J@hranimo. So it looks like we'll probably end up with at least 2 squads. Think I'll probably create a google spreadsheet or something for people to sign up on/ indicate their preferred weapons/ whatever else might be relevant soon. Should be useful for trying to form well rounded teams I suppose.
Yeah it's just too soon, and that's why I don't want to do it. The Gaf tournament will definitely happen eventually. Those are all good players so I have faith in our representatives, good luck.
The squid streaming coalition. About to hop on myself, with a nice beer in my belly.

And I got a message from MasterAI saying his gaf membership got revoked? Am I later on this? What happened?
You are late, we couldn't figure out why because he said it wasn't a problem with a valid email and I told him to email them to find out.
Edit: well maybe they figured it out after I left azure's stream

DaBoss

Do you guys think friends of friends will be able to join private lobbies? I hope that's possible, but I doubt it will happen. Having to add everyone who wants to play in order to set up lobbies would be a big pain in the ass.

Crayolan

So, I suppose this was disscused to death when people found out but, I just found out now.

What the hell is this

Aparently is from the boss battles
Train noises, screams like creatures falling down from a high place.. why?

Yea that's pretty old. Best speculation I've seen is that it's the sounds from the highly mechanized octoling civilization breaking down or sounds from the surface, since the octolings live underground.

Not sure what the moaning could be.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Comm error on my first match. Sigh...

EDIT: The person I joined off of left right after I joined, so I can't get back in that room. Have one other person on my list playing, but his room is full. Guess I'll play later then...

Who's Taparoo? You're good!

I would join a GAF tourney if somebody took enough pity on me to let me join their team... ;P

atr0cious

I'm interested, but my weird schedule makes things difficult, but I can always play backup or something, I can fit most roles. Used to being a smurf anyways.

RedFyn

Someone (burnburn I think) volunteered to set up a gaf tournament up the other day. I don't think we need to worry about that now though.

We do need to find out everyone's timezone and when they can play. The tourney is too early but I think it'll be fun.

New member, long time lurker, added a few of you guys who post a lot cause I heard some of you are good. I want to get better :D :D :D. We got rocked a couple of those games, too much roller (no such thing amirite?) haha.
Hi there. Too much roller indeed. I switched to Krak-on because I was playing with a few friends and two of them were using the Krak-on so I was like "Fuck you guys I'm being a kraken too!" lol

Top Bottom