• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Squids, please recommend ~3 weapons for me to learn

My current mains are the custom Jet Squelcher and the tentatek Splattershot

I can't really choose by myself lol I never like a weapon at first

Also.. You can create a ranked lobby and manage the teams just like in the unranked ones, right? I think it would be much less frustrating to lose points play against gaf than losing points playing against randoms without trusting your team
Well you already have my tentatek lol so I recommend
Nzap 89 is a good one to pick up
Dual squelcher less range than jet but uses less ink and faster rate of fire
Splash o matic

Gonna try to get back to B+.

+5 sensitivity with Charger is weird.

Anyone that got stuck in B is welcome to try to find my room.

Oh yeah, my brief time in an all A+ room when I was B+ was some of the most fun Ranked matches I've had. Now I'm stuck with Bs. Heh.

Gsnap

Ok see, THIS is is why I can't stand random ranked. I just played with an entire team that refused to get on the tower. I don't even know how we ended up winning. The other team must have been horrible.

Ahnez

Rapid blaster.

Being serious, try N-zap, Dual Squelcher, or Splat-o-matic.

E-Liter variant w/ stacked damage ups
.96 Gal Deco
Krak-On Roller

Well you already have my tentatek lol so I recommend
Nzap 89 is a good one to pick up
Dual squelcher less range than jet but uses less ink and faster rate of fire
Splash o matic

Already tried the N Zap 85, but played just a few games with it, I will try the 89
Though I'm not very good with inkstrikes..

I have very little experience with chargers/rollers.. I think I will start with them :p

I will try those, lets see what happens lol

Thanks guys

Also.. You can create a ranked lobby and manage the teams just like in the unranked ones, right? I think it would be much less frustrating to lose points play against gaf than losing points playing against randoms without trusting your team

Join me in Brushworld and die a lot!

Already tried the N Zap 85, but played just a few games with it, I will try the 89
Though I'm not very good with inkstrikes..

I have very little experience with chargers/rollers.. I think I will start with them :p

I will try those, lets see what happens lol

Thanks guys
Good luck!
I may try to level up some gear tonight

Rize_21

Going to jump online in 20 minutes or so, will record that session and upload some matches- it's been a long time-, around september / october I'll be able to stream too :).

Nico_D

Still never played tower control on Kelp Dome, how is it? I love that map for splat zones

IMO it's the hardest map in the Tower Control. Enemies can come everywhere. And think it requires a very good team or a very bad one on the opposite side.

Mellopillow

Neo Member

Carbon Roller, Neo Splash O matic, New Squiffer.

Basically practice close ranged situations with burst bombs and long ranged situations with inkzooka. The weapons are in order from lowest range to highest range, so it should help in situational awareness and when you should use your subs versus your main weapon~

Ahnez

Join me in Brushworld and die a lot!
pls no

I prefer weapons that don't require zr spam

Good luck!
I may try to level up some gear tonight

edit:

Carbon Roller, Neo Splash O matic, New Squiffer.

Basically practice close ranged situations with burst bombs and long ranged situations with inkzooka. The weapons are in order from lowest range to highest range, so it should help in situational awareness and when you should use your subs versus your main weapon~

Well, since I use the custom Jet Squelcher, knowing how to use the burst bombs is a must, as it is easily overpowered in close combat

Same goes for Inkazooka-Tentatek against long ranged weapons

I will try the Splash o matic, but by experience, the carbon roller's damage is too low to make up for its risks

And I really can't get used to the squiffer's range :/

Mellopillow

Neo Member
IMO it's the hardest map in the Tower Control. Enemies can come everywhere. And think it requires a very good team or a very bad one on the opposite side.

Really? I find it the easiest actually, I've had plenty of matches where the game was over in a matter of seconds xD splash walls are pretty good there, since you can place them on the tower in a variety of ways, and the angles of attack from the opposite team is limited when you're in that narrow corridor. Once you're in that narrow corridor too, one killer wail pointed towards where the tower ends usually gives you enough time to go all the way there without enemies firing at you lol. It takes teamwork but I find it pretty easy

Lost the last game before the rotation. Oh well. Not even mad because it was vs 3 Blasters (2 Lunas and 1 Custom) and a gun. It was pretty back and forth at Urchin, and we almost stole the lead.

God really? Warehouse & Mall for ranked Splat Zones, Rig and Port for Turf Wars. It's like, hey guys you know that awesome new Camp map? Yeah let's keep it out of rotation :D

Nico_D

splash walls are pretty good there, since you can place them on the tower in a variety of ways, and the angles of attack from the opposite team is limited when you're in that narrow corridor.

How do you get the splash wall on the tower? I can't.

Another matter. Why do I die so much? Or is it normal to get splatted 10 times in TC - are the players with less deaths just cowards staying away from moving the tower?

What pisses me quite a bit, it happens quite often that when I jump, I land straight

1) into bazooka's line
2) in the middle of the inkstrike
3) to a bomb.

What follows is certainly not voice chat material.

J@hranimo

Banned
I still have yet to play Tower Control on Triggerfish. I've watched my nephew play a bit of it. It looks awesome and tense. Like half of its track is over water :O

WALKMAN04

You would have to be really confident in your team or that you'll be match against 4 noobs lol.
If I have gaf, plus tower control I think I can do it. Especially if it's arowana mall as a charger, I have maybe played there like 30 times and I don't think I have ever lost, can't wait for gaf to change this in private lobbies.

I feel charger in tower control is pretty easy, I have yet to try in splat zones though because I mostly play when tower control is on and I like it more than zones anyway so I don't mind.

Heng

You can be so cruel.

Maps suck right now, but this just gives a better chance for good ones after map change. Hoping for Triggerfish.
It's going to be my answer anytime someone asks for a weapon suggestion lol.

I thought if you make a pre made group, the game will put you against another pre made team.

Violet_0

Banned
I feel charger in tower control is pretty easy, I have yet to try in splat zones though because I mostly play when tower control is on and I like it more than zones anyway so I don't mind. .

well you can just capture the zone and hold it for the rest of the game, something that chargers excel at. Tower Control is a bit trickier since you have to follow the tower on the attacking team and the pole is your worst nemesis on the defending side, but chargers are still good of course

WALKMAN04

well you can just capture the zone and hold it for the rest of the game, something that chargers excel at. Tower Control is a bit trickier since you have to follow the tower on the attacking team and the pole is your worst nemesis on the defending side, but chargers are still good of course
The pole isn't so bad, most of the time you can lure them away from it, or position yourself to get where they are hiding, also if a teammate is attacking the tower while the enemy is on it then they can't really hide anywhere. And it's really satisfying getting any charger kill in tower control, protecting the tower or riding it is fun as a charger.

I love how unbalanced the game gets when it's 3v4. Especially when you have no team work going.

edit: 3 times now we've gone 3v4 and lost all times. Kinda annoying now.

atr0cious

It's going to be my answer anytime someone asks for a weapon suggestion lol.

I thought if you make a pre made group, the game will put you against another pre made team.

It does, but now I know what my teams makeup is and most assuredly will trust them more than a random.

Top Bottom