• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

I don't really know what the variable names are for the stuff in Splatoon, but what do those two stats specifically mean? Is it that at max range, it caps at 80 pts damage and at min range it caps at 120? Or are these the normal values that can be buffed? I would assume these are the normal pre-buff values.

Interesting if they let the bucket OHKO instead of capping it like the Nozzlenose. It's kinda like a roller terms of the flick motion, so I guess it would make sense.

It tells you what the minimum and maximum dmg ranges of the weapon are without any dmg up boosts. For example the jet squelcher has a critical range damage of .31 and a max range damage of .155. Both of these are scaled with dmg up, but since its max dmg is .31 or a four shot kill you cannot increase its max damage to greater than .33. Its minimum dmg will keep increasing however as you stack dmg up even though its max dmg will stay at .33.

This is similar to how the charger works with dmg up. The maximum charge dmg of chargers are all greater than 100, so its a ohko weapon. With enouch dmg up you can make the chargers kill when their charge dmg is at 80 or 85.

Jims

Without any damage modifier, it will cause 120 dmg at the closest range and 80 at max range

Its almost absurd to think that even the weakest hit you get from it can almost OHKO..

Ah OK, thought so at first but got confused by the cap discussion afterwards.

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll be like Nozzlenose and cap at 99.9 at max distance. OHKOs at that distance and that speed could be a little broken. Don't really mind the 80.0 base value (since we auto-heal fairly quickly) but the buffs make it scary.

It tells you what the minimum and maximum dmg ranges of the weapon are without any dmg up boosts. For example the jet squelcher has a critical range damage of .31 and a max range damage of .155. Both of these are scaled with dmg up, but since its max dmg is .31 or a four shot kill you cannot increase its max damage to greater than .33. Its minimum dmg will keep increasing however as you stack dmg up even though its max dmg will stay at .33.

This is similar to how the charger works with dmg up. The maximum charge dmg of chargers are all greater than 100, so its a ohko weapon. With enouch dmg up you can make the chargers kill when their charge dmg is at 80 or 85.

Interesting. You can see how often I play chargers, learning this info.

Do we know what the caps are for the bucket yet? I don't know where all the data comes from, so don't know if it has all been dumped/leaked yet.

Is there something I'm not getting about the limited ink Amiibo challenges or is the difficulty spike with them kind of ridiculous compared to everything else?

ryechu

Ah OK, thought so at first but got confused by the cap discussion afterwards.

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll be like Nozzlenose and cap at 99.9 at max distance. OHKOs at that distance and that speed could be a little broken. Don't really mind the 80.0 base value (since we auto-heal fairly quickly) but the buffs make it scary.

Interesting. You can see how often I play chargers, learning this info.

Do we know what the caps are for the bucket yet? I don't know where all the data comes from, so don't know if it has all been dumped/leaked yet.

the bucket dmg is based on distance traveled and its 100-200 range with 80-120 dmg. I'm assuming linear, unlike shooters which has a critical range, and then tapers off quickly based on air time of the bullets. http://vm.whatasha.me/splatoon/files/wep_values/

If it works like chargers and rollers do, it would be pretty simple to make it always OHKO. which is nasty.

ryechu

Is there something I'm not getting about the limited ink Amiibo challenges or is the difficulty spike with them kind of ridiculous compared to everything else?

they became easier for me when i realized that you still have the ink tank on your back when you go through all of the spare tanks on the UI.

they became easier for me when i realized that you still have the ink tank on your back when you go through all of the spare tanks on the UI.

I got that part but I'm on the invisible platform level and man it seems unfair, especially since you lose all the ink if you die between checkpoints. I looked up some tips and I found mostly tears but a few good strategies that might get me through.

I really wonder who the hell playtested these and didn't think the difficulty was kind of unbalanced, every other challenged is like a cakewalk compared to them.

ryechu

I got that part but I'm on the invisible platform level and man it seems unfair, especially since you lose all the ink if you die between checkpoints. I looked up some tips and I found mostly tears but a few good strategies that might get me through.

I really wonder who the hell playtested these and didn't think the difficulty was kind of unbalanced, every other challenged is like a cakewalk compared to them.

I more or less thought that the ink challenges shouldve been the level of difficulty the kraken challenges shouldve been normalized to. I always had 2+ minutes to spare during the kraken levels.

RedFyn

I havent played it but i though the limited ink challenge on the invisible level isn't that hard because you can tell where the path is without shooting?

Not that that makes it easy, just not as hard as people were originally saying.

I havent played it but i though the limited ink challenge on the invisible level isn't that hard because you can tell where the path is without shooting?

Not that that makes it easy, just not as hard as people were originally saying.

Yeah, that was he tip I got. Still a bit tricky not to step off the edge but I was fine until the stupid wall with little vacuum robot. I kept messing up the path and lost a half tank of ink. Failed just short of the damn finish :mad:

I'll need to take a break before trying again. I don't mind the difficulty but I just wish that all the challenges were this hard so these wouldn't feel so out of place.

Splatoon does not want me to leave B+. I was on the verge of winning a match and I get screwed over by a comm error. Doesn't help that the matchmaking screws me over still by giving me all if the headless chickens that run blindly into a meat grinder EVERY. SINGLE. FREAKING. TIME.

I just want to get to the fun A+ rooms. =( And I want to get there without EZPZ weapons.

Exentryk

So whats the deal with stacking abilities? I read a comment from that advice dude who said abilities don't stack for double or triple effect, and it is much better to go for different abilities.

Anyone know the specifics?

Robotguy

Dude on Azure's stream earlier had rare plum shoes with quad damage up.
Everyone went nuts when they saw it.

Edit: yeah, what blue said...

Crayolan

Tbh I wish all the squid amiibo challenges were limited ink, the kraken challenges were boring as fuck. Limited ink challenges were actually a challenge and forced you to think about how you approach the levels in different ways.

Gsnap

Splatoon does not want me to leave B+. I was on the verge of winning a match and I get screwed over by a comm error. Doesn't help that the matchmaking screws me over still by giving me all if the headless chickens that run blindly into a meat grinder EVERY. SINGLE. FREAKING. TIME.

I just want to get to the fun A+ rooms. =( And I want to get there without EZPZ weapons.

You and me both, buddy. I mean, yeah sure, sometimes it's my fault. But sometimes three people decide they are never going to get on the tower ever, even if it means sending it back to neutral.

Finally got to play Tower Control Triggerfish, and holy hell that approach into the enemy base is a nightmare. There is no room for team to be building meter or trying some lone wolf ambush kill nonsense, they have to be supporting the tower at all times. I'm always nervous riding the tower alone, but this was more "nervous breakdown."

Also, I finally took the plunge and turned on gyro. Surprisingly, I actually like it now! Other than an odd moment where an E-liter guy manage to kill me at point blank range because it got uncalibrated at the worst possible moment. And... my beloved L-3 Nozzlenose, ironically, feels slightly less reliable. My hands naturally shake slightly, and the stability of analog sticks actually counteracted that, which helps because the L-3 shoots in such a precise narrow line.

ryechu

That was great. Thanks.

Even when you order that gear, the random abilities are still random though right? So you may not get 3 damage up subs anyway? 30K for re-rolls is a lot.

there is a small chance you get a clone of the gear in question for 100k. The abilities shown are always from the source order and the ? are random. You can potentially get 0-3 abilities filled in.

Ahnez

The only gear I have with 3x of the same ability is a white arrowband with 3x special saver /cry

What is the chance to get a 4x gear? lol

Jims

Oof. There is no better feeling playing Octobrush than splatting Dynamo Rollers. Especially when there's two of 'em. They think they're so cool with their hopping up and down, I'll show them!

Octobrush kinda sucks on Blackbelly Skatepark, though. Feel like the gunners are everywhere around me.

Zing

Banned
What timing. I see phanphare on my list and decide to mess around in turf wars, and suddenly like four GAF join. I'm having fun with full run speed ups and aerospray. :D

Malus

Currently got 2 1/3 Quick Respawn on my head and torso gear. Plan on spending a bunch of SSSs after next splatfest to try and get closer to 3.

Quick Respawn + Stealth Jump is fun. Especially with beacons.

Ahnez

What if, at level 50, they allow you to reroll just one or two abilities at a time, instead of always 3?

Or unlock another aerospray

Heng

Finally got to play Tower Control Triggerfish, and holy hell that approach into the enemy base is a nightmare. There is no room for team to be building meter or trying some lone wolf ambush kill nonsense, they have to be supporting the tower at all times. I'm always nervous riding the tower alone, but this was more "nervous breakdown."

Also, I finally took the plunge and turned on gyro. Surprisingly, I actually like it now! Other than an odd moment where an E-liter guy manage to kill me at point blank range because it got uncalibrated at the worst possible moment. And... my beloved L-3 Nozzlenose, ironically, feels slightly less reliable. My hands naturally shake slightly, and the stability of analog sticks actually counteracted that, which helps because the L-3 shoots in such a precise narrow line.
If you find the aim is too shaky, turn down the sensitivity. No point to have it so high if you can't aim with it.

Zing

Banned
Currently got 2 1/3 Quick Respawn on my head and torso gear. Plan on spending a bunch of SSSs after next splatfest to try and get closer to 3.

Quick Respawn + Stealth Jump is fun. Especially with beacons.
If you are deploying and using beakons, you don't need stealth jump. Beakons are already stealthy.

To clarify, enemies cannot see that you are jumping to a beakon. There is no "landing circle". The beakon itself is visible.

Top Bottom