• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Mellopillow

Neo Member
How do you get the splash wall on the tower? I can't.

Another matter. Why do I die so much? Or is it normal to get splatted 10 times in TC - are the players with less deaths just cowards staying away from moving the tower?

What pisses me quite a bit, it happens quite often that when I jump, I land straight

1) into bazooka's line
2) in the middle of the inkstrike
3) to a bomb.

What follows is certainly not voice chat material.
Oh, theres a certain trick to it, you just have to bounce it off walls so it lands on the tower. Here I'll show you a link!

Splash Wall Guide

And don't worry, it's normal to die a lot in TC, or in ranked in general. But my general strategy for TC would be to take out the enemy team first and set a path for the tower right after. There's the occasional player that stays behind and charges up their special, so pay attention to the top squid icons where it shows who is alive on the other team to predict the enemy's movements. Still, setting up a path first is crucial and would help either way since the enemy has to spread ink on that path and if they do, you would know their general positions and your team can sneak on and splat them. Just general tips, keep at it man!

Geg

Oh, theres a certain trick to it, you just have to bounce it off walls so it lands on the tower. Here I'll show you a link!

Splash Wall Guide

And don't worry, it's normal to die a lot in TC, or in ranked in general. But my general strategy for TC would be to take out the enemy team first and set a path for the tower right after. There's the occasional player that stays behind and charges up their special, so pay attention to the top squid icons where it shows who is alive on the other team to predict the enemy's movements. Still, setting up a path first is crucial and would help either way since the enemy has to spread ink on that path and if they do, you would know their general positions and your team can sneak on and splat them. Just general tips, keep at it man!

That's part of why I like being a long-range shooter on the tower, I can ride the tower and spray ink ahead for my teammates to use at the same time

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Well, since I use the custom Jet Squelcher, knowing how to use the burst bombs is a must, as it is easily overpowered in close combat

Same goes for Inkazooka-Tentatek against long ranged weapons

I will try the Splash o matic, but by experience, the carbon roller's damage is too low to make up for its risks

And I really can't get used to the squiffer's range :/

Yea, I kept your previous weapons in mind when choosing these xD I picked familiar subs and unfamiliar weapon classes to ease you into playing those weapon classes. Think of it like a regimen of sorts lol. You already know how to use burst bombs, i think the carbon roller can give you an idea of how to use rollers. You'll find out that rollers rely more on sneaking and stealthing, but the carbon roller's damage isn't low if you're in the right range for a burst bomb+ flick right after. Same goes for squiffer as a way to get into chargers, since it's more about aiming and retreating to get space, and inkzooka for long range snipes. Squiffers are admittedly hard tho lol

RedFyn

lmao, left one is too true

Also for the first time yesterday, I saw someone jump back to their spawn point just before I was about to splat them. Seems like a waste of time really
It's not. Jumping back to spawn is faster than respawning and doesn't leave a big big circle of ink that dying does.

Jumping back>>>Suicide>>Homicide

I noticed earlier this week or whenever it was we were playing on Saltspray with you on a roller it was pretty easy for me to splat you when I was defending the north areas and you were trying to invade. I think you really excel when your team has general control of the map and you're defending or hunting enemy players trying to break in
I'm definitely better when I have room to maneuver but that's really just due to how rollers work. It's a common mistake on rig and one of the things I need to work on. I actually know how to approach the situation differently and win when in that position but I just rarely ever do it. I guess I enjoy the challenge of takimg the top too much. Yesterday I played smart and after we lost the north I realized I couldn't break in and went and went south. While my team kept them busy up top I took the rest of the map and we won.

Once you are used to it, you won't even realize that you are moving it. Imagine someone saying, "I am not a fan of having to move the mouse."

I also use maximum sensitivity. It's virtually required if you use a roller or brush.
I'm actually playing on -.5 sensitivity. I know it would help me, especially my aim with guns, if I raised it but I just forget or don't care when I do remember.

Ahnez

Yea, I kept your previous weapons in mind when choosing these xD I picked familiar subs and unfamiliar weapon classes to ease you into playing those weapon classes. Think of it like a regimen of sorts lol. You already know how to use burst bombs, i think the carbon roller can give you an idea of how to use rollers. You'll find out that rollers rely more on sneaking and stealthing, but the carbon roller's damage isn't low if you're in the right range for a burst bomb+ flick right after. Same goes for squiffer as a way to get into chargers, since it's more about aiming and retreating to get space, and inkzooka for long range snipes. Squiffers are admittedly hard tho lol

I will
seriously
try every weapon you guys said (11 counting those two lol)

Its not like I need 120k+ to level-up all my gear lol

Think of it like a regimen of sorts

image.php

Finalow

so level 50 and S+ rank with the next update, that's pretty crazy.

still not clear to me, can you play ranked with a team after that update?

Geg

Private battle explained by the tumblr

Private Battle is a mode in which a group of friends can get together to enjoy online multiplayer to their heart’s content. This mode is for two to eight players, and allows customization of match rules, stages, and team composition.

In Private Battle you won’t earn points, and your rank won’t be affected by wins or losses. You can also set a password on your lobby to ensure you’ll be playing with only your closest friends.

This gets a bit technical, but you can also arrange a Private Battle with eight Wii U systems connected to a router that’s in turn connected to the internet.

J@hranimo

Banned
Private battle explained by the tumblr

Ok so taking the trio squad matchmaking into account, would doing a quad squad possibly match you with another trio squad? Cause that would really suck if they aren't on point.

Geg

Ok so taking the trio squad matchmaking into account, would doing a quad squad possibly match you with another trio squad? Cause that would really suck if they aren't on point.

Yeah you could potentially be matched with one of the tri squads when you're doing a quad squad. It'll probably be rare but two tri squads could be matched together too since it all seems to be the same pool

ryechu

Good luck Azure,

I've decided and cracked my sensitivity to the max, I think it's needed for Charger snap kills.

Not really. Snap shots generally are max 60 degrees in either direction (closer to 10-30* on average). You can do that with pretty much any positive sensitivity.

+3 has worked pretty well for me, but I'm torn between lowering the sensitivity a bit so I can use the stick more for bulk movements in shooter duels, or maxing the sensitivity so I can ignore using the stick in combat.

ryechu

Slosher-Bloblobber

"mBulletDamageMaxDist"

"mBulletDamageMinDist"

Another reason why DMG UP is the best ability in the game.
As this weapon is a OHKO weapon, its min dmg can be brought up to a OHKO. 3dmg up +2 subs makes it always kill. And the weapon has significant range. Also its good ink efficiency makes many of the other abilites nonessential.

OryoN

I had enough of this ranked sh!t After a losing streak put me back at low B- levels, next came a string of disconnects that puts me in mid C+ range. Getting out of C+ is normally a breeze, but at this rate - with these damned D'Cs - I'd be sitting at C- before I ever see B again.

Let's see what splat-Gaf got going on...

Slosher-Bloblobber

"mBulletDamageMaxDist"

"mBulletDamageMinDist"

As this weapon is a OHKO weapon, its min dmg can be brought up to a OHKO. 3dmg up +2 subs makes it always kill. And the weapon has significant range. Also its good ink efficiency makes many of the other abilites nonessential.

Pretty sure the increased damage stops at the point where the 2 hit kill stays the 2 hit kill. So the bucket will have 99.9 no matter how high the damage up is.

ryechu

Pretty sure the increased damage stops at the point where the 2 hit kill stays the 2 hit kill. So the bucket will have 99.9 no matter how high the damage up is.

That isnt how any other weapon works in the game. All the other weapons base the hard cap on the maximum dmg. However, I do think that what you suggested will be necessary for this weapon to not be overpowered. That or nerfing dmg up to hard cap at 25%

That isnt how any other weapon works in the game. All the other weapons base the hard cap on the maximum dmg. However, I do think that what you suggested will be necessary for this weapon to not be overpowered. That or nerfing dmg up to hard cap at 25%

Be awesome if that many damage ups could make the bucket kill in 1 hit no matter what though.

ryechu

Be awesome if that many damage ups could make the bucket kill in 1 hit no matter what though.

Its what I am afraid of. Killing at jet squelcher ranges with ohko no matter how you arch your shot will make it too powerful, especially on tower control. It already seems strong for tower control without any dmg up. Given how dmg up currently works, If nothing special is coded into this weapon, you WILL be able to OHKO at any range. But then again the weapon data for the sloshers seem to be more unfinished compared to the other weapons in the game and are more likely to be outdated. Perhaps the min-max dmg values will be different at release. 60-120 for example.

Ahnez

Its what I am afraid of. Killing at jet squelcher ranges with ohko no matter how you arch your shot will make it too powerful, especially on tower control. It already seems strong for tower control without any dmg up. Given how dmg up currently works, If nothing special is coded into this weapon, you WILL be able to OHKO at any range. But then again the weapon data for the sloshers seem to be more unfinished compared to the other weapons in the game and are more likely to be outdated. Perhaps the min-max dmg values will be different at release. 60-120 for example.

There must be a downside we are not noticing.. :p

The other weapons are
fairly
well balanced

Currently, it really looks broken.. :p

LOL

I still love you <3 don't take it personally stay fresh

Jims

Slosher-Bloblobber

"mBulletDamageMaxDist"

"mBulletDamageMinDist"

I don't really know what the variable names are for the stuff in Splatoon, but what do those two stats specifically mean? Is it that at max range, it caps at 80 pts damage and at min range it caps at 120? Or are these the normal values that can be buffed? I would assume these are the normal pre-buff values.

Interesting if they let the bucket OHKO instead of capping it like the Nozzlenose. It's kinda like a roller terms of the flick motion, so I guess it would make sense.

Ahnez

I don't really know what the variable names are for the stuff in Splatoon, but what do those two stats specifically mean? Is it that at max range, it caps at 80 pts damage and at min range it caps at 120? Or are these the normal values that can be buffed? I would assume these are the normal pre-buff values.

Interesting if they let the bucket OHKO instead of capping it like the Nozzlenose. It's kinda like a roller terms of the flick motion, so I guess it would make sense.

Without any damage modifier, it will cause 120 dmg at the closest range and 80 at max range

Its almost absurd to think that even the weakest hit you get from it can almost OHKO..

Top Bottom