• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Totakeke

... I think I can stop playing charger now because I can never top what just happened.

Managed to do a blind splat because I walked myself back onto a pole which fully obscured my view, yet I still managed to splat my target after releasing my trigger. Then my next splat is a full gyro instant 180 turn to splat someone right behind me because I heard blaster sounds. I didn't even know it was possible to jerk the gamepad close to 90 degrees to do a quick 180 turn. Time to retire.

Map update!
Urchin Underpass & Saltspray Rig for Turf War
Arowana Mall & Blackbelly Skatepark for ranked Splat Zones.

Yeah they couldn't top the Towers and Camp for turf so i'm outs.
*edit: I lied, I bought a blaster so i need cash xD

Geg

I'm kind of in awe at the north pole/south pole splatfest for Europe/Australia. Like are they already out of ideas? Could they not just use cats vs. dogs?

Zing

Banned
Wow, than range blaster is just awful. One ink wall and you have only enough ink for one blast. Useless.

With regular blaster I can swim and jump around and kill without pause. Range blaster tank is like a thimble.

Totakeke

Haha this tentatek splattershot guy on my team, went to the right side sniper perch and just faced our splatzone and shot over the wall to keep our splat zone. Would have been upset at him if we weren't in the lead (by 1 point) and he weren't so good at taking out all the guys who came to take him out. It was hilarious.

Edit: Wondered how good of a coverage he had of the splatzone, turns out it's pretty damn good.

So shoot from here, it takes some shooting around to cover the whole zone but you can do it. I knew dyanmos could do this all along, never realized splattershots can do it too. Helps that he's good at taking out the enemy and avoiding all the bombs thrown at him.
88qufDX.jpg

bbuI16Y.jpg

WALKMAN04

Haha this tentatek splattershot guy on my team, went to the right side sniper perch and just faced our splatzone and shot over the wall to keep our splat zone. Would have been upset at him if we weren't in the lead (by 1 point) and he weren't so good at taking out all the guys who came to take him out. It was hilarious.

Edit: Wondered how good of a coverage he had of the splatzone, turns out it's pretty damn good.

So shoot from here, it takes some shooting around to cover the whole zone but you can do it. I knew dyanmos could do this all along, never realized splattershots can do it too. Helps that he's good at taking out the enemy and avoiding all the bombs thrown at him.
88qufDX.jpg

bbuI16Y.jpg
That spot as a dynamo can be ridiculous if the other teams doesn't have bombs, I once versed a guy that was doing that and one swing takes the entire zone

Edit: this is also possible on port's upper perch near your zone with the Dynamo, you can consistently keep one side of the zone your color and so at times it's very hard for the enemy to take control of your zone

Totakeke

That spot as a dynamo can be ridiculous if the other teams doesn't have bombs, I once versed a guy that was doing that and one swing takes the entire zone

Edit: this is also possible on port's upper perch near your zone with the Dynamo, you can consistently keep one side of the zone your color and so at times it's very hard for the enemy to take control of your zone

Yeah, problems with dynamos is that they're susceptible to bombs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Anyone want to get some matches going? I'm at 8 points A rank and don't want to potentially lose it and I'm going 12-0 playing with randoms.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
I commed out at the end lol

Another comm error! Sorry for annoying you guys with my antics. I started doing silly things when there was massive ink lag.

WALKMAN04

Sorry if I suck right now guys, I normally play e-liter with damage ups so this charger feels so off

Edit: I shouldn't have tried to learn 2 new things at once lol, taking away the damage ups is one thing but also switching charger is tough

Had a beautiful match on Salt Spray just a bit ago.

2v4.

My teammate and I rushed towards the big area at the back of the map. We each took turns guarding the middle, and then one of us would rush to the back and ink up a bit, swim forward, and relieve the other one. Once we got that done, we did the same in the other direction. The other team was entirely clueless about going around us. They kept rushing the middle and we kept owning them.

Final score was 44%-39%. They never bothered trying to cover anything else they could have easily reached. I went 9-0 and my teammate went 12-1. Fist bump to whoever you were random Japanese dude/tte. You rocked!

J@hranimo

Banned
Good few game guys, that experiment with no damage ups and a different charger failed, but I'll try it again another time

GGs, although I'd say damage ups for any charger that isn't a squiffer is essential. At least in my limited experience yeah.

Oh comm error...well I'm gonna finish leveling up this gear then come join the rest of gaf with appropriate attire :p

I'll buy it and share the wealth. If I'm not lucky with trips at least someone else will be lol! I'll be free either after the Rousey fight or just all day tomorrow.

WALKMAN04

GGs, although I'd say damage ups for any charger that isn't a squiffer is essential. At least in my limited experience yeah.

Oh comm error...well I'm gonna finish leveling up this gear then come join the rest of gaf with appropriate attire :p
It's not essential, because Sendou can do it so I know it's possible. I'm going to try and get the hang of it eventually, maybe not soon but I will give it another go just to try and broaden my playstyles.

ryechu

The thing is 2 dmg ups aren't hard to slot in. And dmg up scales really well compared to other stackable abilities. I'm not sure what else you really need as a charger.

Top Bottom