• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Nico_D

I don't get the Mall hate. It's great in all modes. The routes are interesting and varied, there are multiple places to ambush from the above but also the enemy side can be effectively infiltrated. It is also not very easy to hold territory - unlike in the Port Mackerel and Urchin Underpass.

Jintor

I don't get the Mall hate. It's great in all modes. The routes are interesting and varied, there are multiple places to ambush from the above but also the enemy side can be effectively infiltrated. It is also not very easy to hold territory - unlike in the Port Mackerel and Urchin Underpass.

it's probably because i use short-to-medium range weapons and snipers just fucking piss me off until I can get an inkzooker shot off. That middle section in particular is a real pain in the ass to navigate if they have one or two snipers covering the area and established ink dominance and you're stuck with a splooshomatic or god forbid a roller and your teammates haven't inked decent wallpaths for you beforehand.

ShivUK

After yesterday's thrashings, I'm not sure how many more matches I want with Sendou!

(Will add them now..... can't remember the best way of doing it; through Miiverse or the friends "app"?)

Sendou

After yesterday's thrashings, I'm not sure how many more matches I want with Sendou!

(Will add them now..... can't remember the best way of doing it; through Miiverse or the friends "app"?)

Either should be fine now. I'll accept after the next game.

It's really late here and I need to sleep. Thanks for the games, all. Let me know if you saw any severe mistakes I might be making.

...Other than walking off ledges.

Xenoboy

I'm level 7 now, feels like I'm never going to be level 10.
I just want to play ranked!

I also just beat the second boss in SP. I liked it more than the first, bit it was easier though.

Sendou

It's really late here and I need to sleep. Thanks for the games, all. Let me know if you saw any severe mistakes I might be making.

...Other than walking off ledges.

I think you need to be more aggressive in some maps. In Mall for example there's so many better sniper perches than the one you kept holding. In addition I don't know about stacking Attack Up but especially on Splatcharger it's not necessarily the way to go about it.

Goddamnit James with that Stealth Jump.

Hahahaha, some random I was playing with sent me a friend request with the message "AMAZING!" I don't know whether to take it.

I think you need to be more aggressive in some maps. In Mall for example there's so many better sniper perches than the one you kept holding. In addition I don't know about stacking Attack Up but especially on Splatcharger it's not necessarily the way to go about it.

I could try playing more aggressively for a while, I suppose. I seem to die a lot when I try, though. :/

Exentryk

Shiv, you need to get to the middle, and not worry about coloring our side on Moray towers. Push back their team and leave the coloring to me, the roller.

ShivUK

Shiv, you need to get to the middle, and not worry about coloring our side on Moray towers. Push back their team and leave the coloring to me, the roller.

I try and build up my special before getting too head on if I can. Also, it seems there are a lot of folks that don't play the way you do :)

Exentryk

I try and build up my special before getting too head on if I can. Also, it seems there are a lot of folks that don't play the way you do :)

I feel the strategy of just running to the middle and then start coloring from there works better for shooters. The strat worked really well when Sendou and James were on my team. They did exactly that.

Sendou

I feel the strategy of just running to the middle and then start coloring from there works better for shooters. The strat worked really well when Sendou and James were on my team. They did exactly that.

Rushing to the middle is what I do in every match. Whoever controls the middle controls the match in Turf Wars. It's not quite that clear in the Tower though. That's because the middle is actually a bit of poor place to be in considering lots of vantage point surrounding it from all directions.

Top Bottom