• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

DaBoss

Well for friend requests, I don't think anything will top this:
VW901gn.jpg

This guy used to have a different name and Mii 3 days ago when I checked it (I don't have the heart to reject people right away). Then I checked my FR last night and saw the Mii and the name changed. His Mii is identical to mine except different shades and a darker skin tone.

Sendou

VW901gn.jpg

This guy used to have a different name and Mii 3 days ago when I checked it (I don't have the heart to reject people right away). Then I checked my FR last night and saw the Mii and the name changed. His Mii is identical to mine except different shades and a darker skin tone.

That's creepy. You win!

VW901gn.jpg

Lol nice.

Africanus

VW901gn.jpg

Nice pick up line.

Ranked man.... I was putting a beacon in a specific place every time. And several times I saw a teammate jump to it, therefore destroying it and then immediately jumping back to spawn... What? Ranked just makes you go insane, doesn't it?

Sendou

So Sendou, I have some links for you now:

Don't Jump
Splatterscope Stuff
E-Liter
Random GAF Room

With that done, later all.

Don't Jump

Yup nailing down falling and jumping enemies will become very easy once you get more proficient with the weapon. That's when they can't change their direction and become easy targets.

Splatterscope Stuff

You seem to know how to aim! Good game. You play way more stationary game than I tyr to lead but I don't know if I can say which is superior. They're very different. All I can say is that I have had more luck with offensive style.

E-Liter

Good game. Not much else to say. I don't really have experience with E-Liter.

Nico_D

While excellent in Tower Control, I think Camp Triggerfish needs redesigning in Splatzones. I've been on both sides multiple times and based on that I'd say once lost, reclaiming even the own zone is too difficult.

You can effectively keeps attackers away by throwing sticky bombs on top of the wall and shooting towards their base. Add to that, you can do that from the opposite side. The zones are too close each other.

Basically it is a race. The first thirty seconds or so decides the winner.

The same goes to Saltspray Rig although it's not as hard.

What do you think?

MouldyK

THIS JUST IN - With the August update, the level cap appears to be increasing from level 20 to 50! For level 20 onward, both points you earn from inking and points from winning a match will go toward raising your rank. Also, you’ll earn a bit of a reward for every 5th level you earn, so get ready to battle!

How will this work for Ranked Matches? Because you can't tell how much you splat there.

I might in a bit. I'm not sure yet.

I swear I've seen you post this before.

Damage Up is aways good for Burst Bombs, but it won't turn them from a 2hko to an OHKO. I can test the difference in a bit if you're not near the Wii U.
So basically those two subs are worthless and I should just re-roll

So basically those two subs are worthless and I should just re-roll

Some weapons give can go from a 3-4 shot to a 1 shot by lobbing a BB first. I'm not sure if the same applies with the Neo, but I can check really quick. Give me a moment.

Edit: 21.6 for outer splash, 36.9 for an indirect hit, and 63.3 for a direct hit. It's only mildly faster to kill via BB -> gun combo. You need 2 Damage ups to get at that BB -> gun combo. Problem is that the gun is fast firing compared to the Squelcher, which benefits from that combo more. The other problem is that you chose a Squidforce shirt, which has an increased chance for Damage Up subs.

Honestly, just save your money for now. There probably won't be a time where you say "I wish I had different perks on this shirt". Besides, you have a 2 Ink Saver Subs there with that shirt and shoes. I imagine that would be helpful for throwing Burst Bombs.

Some weapons give can go from a 3-4 shot to a 1 shot by lobbing a BB first. I'm not sure if the same applies with the Neo, but I can check really quick. Give me a moment.

Edit: 21.6 for outer splash, 36.9 for an indirect hit, and 63.3 for a direct hit. It's only mildly faster to kill via BB -> gun combo. You need 2 Damage ups to get at that BB -> gun combo. Problem is that the gun is fast firing compared to the Squelcher, which benefits from that combo more. The other problem is that you chose a Squidforce shirt, which has an increased chance for Damage Up subs.

Honestly, just save your money for now. There probably won't be a time where you say "I wish I had different perks on this shirt". Besides, you have a 2 Ink Saver Subs there with that shirt and shoes. I imagine that would be helpful for throwing Burst Bombs.
Thanks!

DaBoss

Spyke...

One slot later...
BRUH!!!

Spyke saving me 50K in the long run with this move. I also ordered a Jungle Hat with all Ink Saver (Main) before, but he got me no slots. He was saving me from not looking super fresh by giving me these headphones.

Also, I have this theory, I think gear that is available in the shop has some sort of influence over the chance for Spyke replicating gear, though there isn't much proof. I've only gotten two abilities unlocked from Spyke when that same gear was available on the shop. I've only had it happen 3 times, including this one, so it isn't much in terms of evidence.

Spyke...

One slot later...

BRUH!!!

Spyke saving me 50K in the long run with this move. I also ordered a Jungle Hat with all Ink Saver (Main) before, but he got me no slots. He was saving me from not looking super fresh by giving me these headphones.

Also, I have this theory, I think gear that is available in the shop has some sort of influence over the chance for Spyke replicating gear, though there isn't much proof. I've only gotten two abilities unlocked from Spyke when that same gear was available on the shop. I've only had it happen 3 times, including this one, so it isn't much in terms of evidence.

Yeah there has to be something to it that we're all overlooking. Like the headphones I ordered to replace the ones I have ended up being just a blank slate like the last few orders i've placed. Congrats on the super ink saver main!

One more and I gotta go for a bit.

Never seen the map split horizontally like that before. GGs.

What did you guys think of my Sploosh play? Too recklessly aggressive?

Totakeke

=/ and com error. Since I only had Blue registered I can't hop back in.

Start adding people you recently played with, much easier that way. :)

Edit: I was going to say if you add me now I'll be able to pop up back in, but I don't have Exentryk and Sendou on my friend's list either. :/

Start adding people you recently played with, much easier that way. :)

Edit: I was going to say if you add me now I'll be able to pop up back in, but I don't have Exentryk and Sendou on my friend's list either. :/

I added you. And yeah I totally forgot about the recently played with list.

Totakeke

What did you guys think of my Sploosh play? Too recklessly aggressive?

I gave you bubbler twice to be recklessly aggressive. :p

I think it's good, just that after you get territory you should focus more on ambushing and holding rather than going deeper into enemy territory and risk losing all your gains.

Woah. Had 3 disconnects, but still managed to keep myself save pretty well. Ended up playing until time ran out and lost by one point. ):
The other team had 1 disconnect too tho.

That's either freaking impressive or the other team was just that bad and you deserve a higher rank.

I gave you bubbler twice to be recklessly aggressive. :p

I think it's good, just that after you get territory you should focus more on ambushing and holding rather than going deeper into enemy territory and risk losing all your gains.

So you're the one that gave me the bubble. =D

Normally, I'd be inclined to agree with you about overextending, but I wanted to push myself and the weapon to see how far I could go. I got inside the base at Port, but Pinku ruined my fun when I went to go check to see if anyone was following me. Ha.

I don't know if you noticed, but Poor Squid's Inkwall was freaking hilarious to try.

Top Bottom