• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Dunno if it was mentioned already but AmiAmi has listed more Splatoon cushions, purple, pink, blue and turquoise this time. They're up for pre-order for the end of October, no pictures yet but they'll obviously be the same colour as the ink.

Ahnez

TC in saltspray

In the very beginning, the other team get the tower and get pretty far into our side (36)

We only get ~50

It stays like that until the last minute

10 seconds to end, they have the tower and it is in our side

I get on ithe tower just 2 seconds from ending the match

My teammates disappears

Manage to get to the center and splat two guys that were after me

36 x 45, and three of them appear close to me, one of them with a Dynamo, and one with a splat charger

Special charges exactly now

I use my Kraken and wait

Manage to win that match

My heart

Sendou

Comm error. Oh well. I won't be able to play until August update is here but when that happens I'm hoping we can get a lot of GAF games going on. Every map and mode.

Ozium

there is no need to ink your base at the start of a match, save that for when you respawn and need to fill ur special

Sendou

there is no need to ink your base at the start of a match, save that for when you respawn and need to fill ur special

I sometimes do it in Tower when I want the match to progress a bit before entering the fray. Agree with every other map though.

No I didn't, which one was Poor Squid? :p I saw a couple of splash walls being thrown but I just went the other way.

I used my Beakon as a Ink/Splash wall substitute. =P That's why you would see Beakons in the center of the hallways at Port.

Speaking of, one actually absorbed Sendou's shot at Port once. I lol'd when it worked.

@Sendou: How would you rate my approaches towards you in those matches?

I don't know who that James is but that guy always ruins my winning streak.

Stupid counter, has to go all the way to 0 cause lol nobody programmed an auto boot for map update

Junahu

What if I want my special right now and I'm not taking point? What if I don't want an ally to dilly dally around the base after getting splatted? An unpainted base is an efficiency trap; it has to be inked one way or another, so it may as well be done by the most suitable team-member as soon as is convenient, rather than later on, when inklings are needed in-position at all times. And if anyone has sprinklers, there is just no excuse not to use them to paint the base while you carve your route to the middle.

It's the areas closer to the middle that don't need immediate inking. That turf is hotly contested, so there are always going to be people nearby to ink or re-ink it. The large plazas on either side of Arowana Mall spring to mind.

Rize_21

What I think makes a good team for turf wars.

1 Long Range Shooter
1 Short Range Shooter
1 Roller
1 Whatever

Hmm not really convinced... I'd say :
1 Daboss
1 Sendou
1 Violet_0
1 Whatever

e: coming back in 20 minutes, sending you an invite by the way.

DaBoss

I think the inkstrike for the Range Blaster needs to be used aggressively for kills and not for inking turf. You can force people into the Blaster's range and possibly kill with one burst due to the Inkstrike inflicting damage.

I think this works better with the Range Blaster than anything else with an Inkstrike because you do not need a direct hit to kill.

Totakeke

I think the inkstrike for the Range Blaster needs to be used aggressively for kills and not for inking turf. You can force people into the Blaster's range and possibly kill with one burst due to the Inkstrike inflicting damage.

Interesting idea, but sounds a bit too difficult and risky to execute since you need to be close to the enemy.

Then again I'm biased since I never liked inkstrike.

Azure J

Spyke...

One slot later...

BRUH!!!

Spyke saving me 50K in the long run with this move. I also ordered a Jungle Hat with all Ink Saver (Main) before, but he got me no slots. He was saving me from not looking super fresh by giving me these headphones.

Also, I have this theory, I think gear that is available in the shop has some sort of influence over the chance for Spyke replicating gear, though there isn't much proof. I've only gotten two abilities unlocked from Spyke when that same gear was available on the shop. I've only had it happen 3 times, including this one, so it isn't much in terms of evidence.

What kind of witchcraft is this? :lol

Real talk, if I can get three ink recovery up on those headphones or the Squidvader Cap, I would be so happy since I want the style but absolutely cannot give up on the Ink Recovery perk even if Fake Contacts are a bit boring to use. :lol

Spyke...

One slot later...

BRUH!!!

Spyke saving me 50K in the long run with this move. I also ordered a Jungle Hat with all Ink Saver (Main) before, but he got me no slots. He was saving me from not looking super fresh by giving me these headphones.

Also, I have this theory, I think gear that is available in the shop has some sort of influence over the chance for Spyke replicating gear, though there isn't much proof. I've only gotten two abilities unlocked from Spyke when that same gear was available on the shop. I've only had it happen 3 times, including this one, so it isn't much in terms of evidence.

For you folks buying hot gear from Spike are yo looking for gear with these skills already spawned on them in the plaza or are you buying random gear and just getting really lucky?

What if I want my special right now and I'm not taking point? What if I don't want an ally to dilly dally around the base after getting splatted? An unpainted base is an efficiency trap; it has to be inked one way or another, so it may as well be done by the most suitable team-member as soon as is convenient, rather than later on, when inklings are needed in-position at all times. And if anyone has sprinklers, there is just no excuse not to use them to paint the base while you carve your route to the middle.

It's the areas closer to the middle that don't need immediate inking. That turf is hotly contested, so there are always going to be people nearby to ink or re-ink it. The large plazas on either side of Arowana Mall spring to mind.

Precisely. Every second you waste getting back to the middle after a respawn is time the enemy can use to push you back further. There is nothing more infuriating than having control of the map for half the game and then losing because you got left alone on the frontline as two teammates screwed around inking the base right near the end.

At the start three combat focused players should rush the middle, hold a defensive line and place down beacons, the fourth (preferably an aero, roller or brush - players that can't safely take point at the start) inks the base area by themselves. Middle areas are then inked in over the course of the match by players who either are retreating to heal or are charging their specials between uses.

Well that was bullshit. Everybody disconnected but 3 of us stayed but then nope, we had to eventually get booted too with a damn connection unstable error.

I'm about ready to quit playing today. Either it's DC's or i'm stuck waiting for a room to open up. And it looks like another one happened since the flavor text changed while trying to join Exentryks room.

DaBoss

Interesting idea, but sounds a bit too difficult and risky to execute since you need to be close to the enemy.

Then again I'm biased since I never liked inkstrike.
It's risky when you are in a more open map or the enemy has more turf inked. Besides, place a Splash Wall and they would have to go around to get you. :p

I decided doing that part way through with the previous rotation which made it kinda easy to do (Walleye and Port). Was getting kills with it or the blaster consistently.

Even got a triple at one point where the enemy was on the side paths of Port on my side of the map. Forced one of the enemy team members to retreat into the inkstrike with the Range Blaster.
For you folks buying hot gear from Spike are yo looking for gear with these skills already spawned on them in the plaza or are you buying random gear and just getting really lucky?
Yea, people try to order them with the skills already there from people in the plaza. You would have better luck from people who you recently played with, particularly in high rank lobbies.

Silver doesn't have Ink strike and as we all know, Ink Striking your opponent's base 20 seconds in is a super valuable and important tactic.
I'm mocking that shitty post forever. Sorry, but it was that bad.

My real thoughts on what would make a top-tier Turf Wars team:

1 really good E-Liter 3K player with some Damage Up stacking going on
1 Jr./Aerospray/Splash-o-matic
1 Custom Jet Squelcher
1 Roller that's using gyro because being able to do huge turns (180+ degrees) super quickly and accurately mid-swing is just too important as a roller to not be using gyro

That said I won't be able to play for a while because I broke my chair yesterday while playing. Oops.

Top Bottom