• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Rize_21

What'd make an optimal team for Turf Wars for me:

- An annoying brush, not especially looking for kills but going behind the enemy lines making a mess as much as possible.
- An actual charger who has a laser that doesn't show south when he's pointing at your head while squidbagging and shot charged like a crazy.
- A splattershot jr./ blaster user who's a master at bunny hoping.
- A squelcher putting beakons at strategic points.

There's surely a lot of great combination, but I'd say this one would be hard to counter.

Totakeke

What'd make an optimal team for Turf Wars for me:

- An annoying brush, not especially looking for kills but going behind the enemy lines making a mess as much as possible.
- An actual charger who has a laser that doesn't show south when he's pointing at your head while squidbagging and shot charged like a crazy.
- A splattershot jr./ blaster user who's a master at bunny hoping.
- A squelcher putting beakons at strategic points.

There's surely a lot of great combination, but I'd say this one would be hard to counter.

So no one that would ink their own turf. Sounds about right. :p

Geg

Yep, the matchmaking is definitely working. After a bunch of wins against randoms yesterday, today the game puts me with some insane A+ Japanese players, some of which had similar names so it was clear there was some kind of clan/squad stuff going on. After winning like 3 games over the course of an hour, after the map change I'm paired with mostly C+ ~ B players and win every game

Yep, the matchmaking is definitely working. After a bunch of wins against randoms yesterday, today the game puts me with some insane A+ Japanese players, some of which had similar names so it was clear there was some kind of clan/squad stuff going on. After winning like 3 games over the course of an hour, after the map change I'm paired with mostly C+ ~ B players and win every game
Most definitely. GAF is hard, so playing with you all decreases my stats and I end up against easy players and wreck house with randoms. If I leave and then join a new room I get destroyed by really skilled Japanese players.

Burnburn

Well, what would constitute a perfect team would depend on the map, I would take a different team into the warehouse than in the skatepark. It's about making a team that can win the map, not a team that could potentially win all maps.

For say the warehouse I would probably take these three with me (I always play splattershot)

- A charger
- A "shooter" doesn't really matter which one
- A zap with echo-locator

At the start everyone charges forward to try and take the middle. If we succeed put the charger in the middle while two of the charger shark the left and right side, keeping an eye on both the middle and the side-paths enemies can go through. The zapper then pulls back and proceeds to paint base, while filling up his echo-locator. I'd call this strategy a bit of a glass canon, since it would be hard to recover might we lose center. I'd figure the enemy would catch on too and try to force through us using specials. I'd probably pick this team in maps where there is one area that's so detrimental to victory, like the middle of warehouse or the big area in the rig.

Then in maps where the important area is bigger and way harder to keep I'd probably take a good roller with me and maybe even two chargers.

Ahnez

Yep, it works

We just choose to ignore this and blame it when we lose

Geg

I just wish the game would find some kind of equilibrium and match me with players around my same skill level. It's usually either against the hardest squids ever, or players who aren't technically bad but I can still walk all over for the most part

MouldyK

Got a LAN Adapter and after spending ages trying to set it up, I am going to do my first Splatoon Match.

Even though my Wireless Speed is like 9mbs on my Wii U according to SpeedOf.Me Wireless and only goes to 10mbs Wired, I am hoping it's more stable!

Rize_21

Got a LAN Adapter and after spending ages trying to set it up, I am going to do my first Splatoon Match.

Even though my Wireless Speed is like 9mbs on my Wii U according to SpeedOf.Me Wireless and only goes to 10mbs Wired, I am hoping it's more stable!
We almost have the same speed, sorry but it won't make your games more stable, I hope for a better internet service in a couple months though, no one is safe from ctu- I mean communication errors, no. one.

Any tips for things I can do to make ranking up easier? I'm getting sick to death of B rank, it's some kind of twisted torture method. In 3 hours I managed to stay literally the same as when I started (B 60) because of the game feeling the need to always match all the chargers and splat bomb spammers on the other team.

Totakeke

I need to start counting the number of inkzooka shots before rushing in. Special duration up doesn't increase its duration right?

ryechu

Random rooms are the same but it feels like everyone in the high level rooms have gotten much better so fast o_O
Same with any competitive game really. The people who are good at this point are better learners. Professional esports players are known to be able to switch games and rise to top level play in a relatively short amount of time

DaBoss

Just had a hilarious match on Ranked. This one Custom Blaster user had their bubbler out and headed to the left (the inside part) of the zone in Bluefin. I then stood on the box outside of the zone and just pushed him off with my weapon. This happened 4 times in a single match. I was laughing so hard.

Totakeke

Maybe he was making a rallying speech, but all you hear are the C'mons.

I can't find that one Miiverse post I was trying to reference. =(

EfyoPzT.jpg

Africanus

Can someone explain ordering clothing from spyke for me?
If I'm ordering a 1 star shirt that has 3 subs, is it worth it to order considering two of the slots will be missing?

Top Bottom