• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Re rolled my Red Sea Shoes and have two slots now with Damage Up. This whole time I've been playing none of my usual equipped gear had damaged up so I think that'll help me when I got up against Carbon Rollers.

I switched from my Pro Trail Boats which had bomb sniffing, an ability I really like, but I'll trade that for the damage up at the moment.

Tried the Range Blaster a little bit today but my character just moves to slow for my liking. If I'm going to use a range weapon I want the speed my character has in single player.

Heng

With 1 sub saver, I can only shoot 4 times after throwing ink wall down, which is equal to the amount I can shoot without any sub saver. With 1 main saver, I can shoot 5 times after throwing down an ink wall. It seems main is better than sub.

DaBoss

Ugh, no reason Kraken should have that much lag compensation.

It should kill based on what the person who is the target sees more than the Kraken user.

Anteo

With 1 sub saver, I can only shoot 4 times after throwing ink wall down, which is equal to the amount I can shoot without any sub saver. With 1 main saver, I can shoot 5 times after throwing down an ink wall. It seems main is better than sub.

It is, that's the point of mains vs sub

edit: whoops dp. meant to edit

EfyoPzT.jpg
You're my hero.
Lol are you referencing a miiverse post?

Edit: Just saw Totakeke's post.

Yup.

Heng

Wtf? Someone went invisible or something? Shots were literally coming out of the walls.

Okay that was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Heng disconnected at the beginning, but his blaster shots were still appearing and at the end he had a K/D of 8/3.
I got disconnected at the end, but now that you've mentioned it, I didn't see you either. That was weird.

Geg

Okay that was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Heng disconnected at the beginning, but his blaster shots were still appearing and at the end he had a K/D of 8/3.

ryechu

Can someone explain ordering clothing from spyke for me?
If I'm ordering a 1 star shirt that has 3 subs, is it worth it to order considering two of the slots will be missing?
Depends on if the sub in the first slot is something you want that is rare, ei not brand favored. Or if you don't own the gear or haven't upgraded it yet. This is because you are most likely to get only the first slot filled. There is a small chance you get 2 or 3 slots filled identical to the source though even with a one star or a 2 star gear. It costs 100k to buy a clone.

Geg

Wtf? Someone went invisible or something? Shots were literally coming out of the walls.

I got disconnected at the end, but now that you've mentioned it, I didn't see you either. That was weird.

Yeah from my perspective it was only DaBoss and Kasumi on the other team for the whole match. At one point I kind of stood around where your blaster shots were hitting but they couldn't kill me

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just picked it up! Hope you guys can show me the ropes.

NID: wonkypanda

Will send you a request but I've been reading a lot of newcomers coming into GAF lobbies, or regular lobbies, and having trouble which is hindering their enjoyment of the game.

I didn't do this but I would highly advise playing the single player game before getting into multiplayer. For one the single player game kicks ass.

Two, most of the maps in multiplayer are some of the 26 single player levels, so you'll have a feel for most of the maps before you get in. And as is the case with any shooter if you don't know the map you're playing on you're most likely screwed.

And most importantly the single player will teach you the basic mechanics of outmanuvering an opponent, flanking etc.

I'm playing some single player right now and trying to get all of the Sunken Sea Scrolls and the game just kicks ass. Wish they'd use some of the music in single player in the multiplayer games.

ryechu

I believe sub saver is only better with burst bombs. Even then it's only better if you use the extra balloon.
I disagree. I think sub saver is only useful for weapons that use high ink cost subs at the beginning of every engagement. You need 3 main sub savers to get close to a 5th burst bomb. Which you rarely need unless you weren't aiming. With ink recovery up you can throw 4 and recover enough for a fifth in a half second. The way ink saver sub works is it doesn't decrease the cost of the sub but it refunds a small amount of the cost after you use it. The only time you notice it is when you use a sub on barely enough tank, you now have 5 shots instead of being empty. The percentage you save is pitiful however so if you aren't shooting immediately after using the sub, half of the number of ink rec will save you more ink than ink saver. It's not for saving time but allowing you to do specific plays. One main ink saver sub gives you 10 percent of your tank back for every 100% of your tank you use entirely on subs.

Africanus

Depends on if the sub in the first slot is something you want that is rare, ei not brand favored. Or if you don't own the gear or haven't upgraded it yet. This is because you are most likely to get only the first slot filled. There is a small chance you get 2 or 3 slots filled identical to the source though even with a one star or a 2 star gear. It costs 100k to buy a clone.

How do you buy a clone specifically?

Heng

Yeah from my perspective it was only DaBoss and Kasumi on the other team for the whole match. At one point I kind of stood around where your blaster shots were hitting but they couldn't kill me
Your shots were actually hitting me and running from it made me appear before Totakeke and Emil lol.

Azure J

- Posts that "The Hiro's Path" video among the folks here and everyone has the time of their lives
- 120-ish views
- Posts same video in the GAF "that dude kept squidding then guy-ing then squidding again" thread
- Suddenly over 300 views (prob way more since YT only does the 301+ views thing if the video explodes in popularity quickly), 4 likes and 4 dislikes

ayy lmao

ryechu

How do you buy a clone specifically?
You pray to rnjesus that spyke would get you one. The. You fork over the 100k. Apparently the chances are higher based on the level of the person you ordered from, but given that everyone is 20, it's evident that the chances are still really low.

Africanus

You pray to rnjesus that spyke would get you one. The. You fork over the 100k. Apparently the chances are higher based on the level of the person you ordered from, but given that everyone is 20, it's evident that the chances are still really low.

Hmm. I'll gamble. Where do you fork it over?

Geg

GGs guys. I think I'm just garbage on both of those stages. Hopefully next time they'll give me something I can work with

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Good game guys, I was on a call throughout a couple of matches, so sorry if I stood still a few times D: it's fun playing against range blasters tho lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
- Posts that "The Hiro's Path" video among the folks here and everyone has the time of their lives
- 120-ish views
- Posts same video in the GAF "that dude kept squidding then guy-ing then squidding again" thread
- Suddenly over 300 views (prob way more since YT only does the 301+ views thing if the video explodes in popularity quickly), 4 likes and 4 dislikes

ayy lmao

My first time watching it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAIIVUNr0I

Lmao I'm cracking up

Geg

Hey Azure are you going to highlight some of those shenanigans from Friday night, like you and SM's brush fights?

Good game guys, I was on a call throughout a couple of matches, so sorry if I stood still a few times D: it's fun playing against range blasters tho lol

How come every time we played against each other on Triggerfish someone on your team would use an inkstrike to destroy my beakons but the person on our team with it would just aim at random spots? This happened in multiple games

ryechu

I think 'sometimes' is pretty generous :/

Already ordered ~25 items (every day, since I got this game lol) and never got a clone
I've only gotten two subs which I bought and luckily rolled a third. Brand type though. My new plan is to adds guy and order every day to get a clone of his 4 dmg up hat. Hopefully lvl 50 increases the chances.

- 120-ish views

ayy lmao

I gave the Hiro video a Yea- errr a thumbs up.

I actually really like the Don't Jump highlights you have going on. If you can, put them all up as a montage on youtube. Windows Movie Maker is still good for that. =D

Oh guys, I have a Special Charge Up shirt with 2 Special Charge Up subs and an Ink Recovery Up sub that I've had since maybe day 2, 3, or 4. I think it's decent.

Finally back to B. My Ink Saver/Swim Speed/Speed Up/Sploosh-O-Matic set works really well on that level for Arowana/Port Mackerel Tower Control.

I probably should have kept going because they were all great matches, but I have a nasty habit of stopping once I hit a new rank to not jinx myself.

SM239

Oh guys, I have a Special Charge Up shirt with 2 Special Charge Up subs and an Ink Recovery Up sub that I've had since maybe day 2, 3, or 4. I think it's decent.

What sub slot is the ink recovery sub in? I might want to have it for super charge shenanigans.

Finally back to B. My Ink Saver/Swim Speed/Speed Up/Sploosh-O-Matic set works really well on that level for Arowana/Port Mackerel Tower Control.

I probably should have kept going because they were all great matches, but I have a nasty habit of stopping once I hit a new rank to not jinx myself.

Why don't you join our lobbies? It's a decent way to relax and screw around after popping a head vein in ranked.

What sub slot is the ink recovery sub in? I might want to have it for super charge shenanigans.

Third. I guess I got lucky early and didn't know it.

Will send you a request but I've been reading a lot of newcomers coming into GAF lobbies, or regular lobbies, and having trouble which is hindering their enjoyment of the game.

I didn't do this but I would highly advise playing the single player game before getting into multiplayer. For one the single player game kicks ass.

Two, most of the maps in multiplayer are some of the 26 single player levels, so you'll have a feel for most of the maps before you get in. And as is the case with any shooter if you don't know the map you're playing on you're most likely screwed.

And most importantly the single player will teach you the basic mechanics of outmanuvering an opponent, flanking etc.

I'm playing some single player right now and trying to get all of the Sunken Sea Scrolls and the game just kicks ass. Wish they'd use some of the music in single player in the multiplayer games.

Awesome. Thanks!

Top Bottom