• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Azure J

That thread on gaming side got me to finally parse that one day's worth of material for the moments that never got highlighted:

- Brave Fencer Musushi: My brother fighting off all these Krakens out here. :lol
- Squidbagging Makes Everything Better (Part 2): What's better than one guy doing it on screen?
- Don't Jump (Part 7) | (Part 8): Further continuation of my anti-air sniping. There will be a Part 9 up today or as soon as I hear from BlueSilver on a certain moment. It's so hard finding things in my past VODs. lol

Hey Azure are you going to highlight some of those shenanigans from Friday night, like you and SM's brush fights?

Oh wow, I never even thought of that despite how hilarious they looked. It was seriously some Jojo's shit:

ORAORAORAORAORAORA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

I gave the Hiro video a Yea- errr a thumbs up.

I actually really like the Don't Jump highlights you have going on. If you can, put them all up as a montage on youtube. Windows Movie Maker is still good for that. =D

I'm actually going to start collecting footage for a "MLG SplatGAF" reel sooner or later. Jintor still wants to do "Ubisoft presents: Splatoon" as well so maybe I'll try and collab with him for that as well.

I hope you guys lose.

Because hypertension is much better?

:p

Burnburn

Anyway, some of the tips from yesterday definitely works, holding the gamepad in a more relaxed position and playing some single player, thanks for that!

Edit: I shouldn't try to type fast between games, lel

So if I want to watch YouTube or Twitch on my Wii U, is that viable at this point? It doesn't seem like either work for me, not sure if I need to update the browser somehow.

So if I want to watch YouTube or Twitch on my Wii U, is that viable at this point? It doesn't seem like either work for me, not sure if I need to update the browser somehow.
There's a YouTube app in the eshop.

Not sure if twitch is broken now, it used to work in the browser with live streams but not with archived videos, twitch just updated their html5 player to use MSE on chrome and new browsers so I don't know if it still works on the Wii u browser now.

Edit: I just checked and Twitch works fine in the web browser on my Wii u. Only for Live videos not for archives/highlights since those require flash.

Would love to play with GAF. NNID is XRayMonster. Didn't want to go through the whole spreadsheet and add a bunch of people so I figured I'd just post my ID. I've played for over 100 hours so far and I'm long overdue on playing with you all. Name in game will be Rudeboy. I'll be jumping on the game in a few minutes.

RedFyn

Why don't you join our lobbies? It's a decent way to relax and screw around after popping a head vein in ranked.
He's afraid
sharkwarningsignfinalu9x2n.png

That thread on gaming side got me to finally parse that one day's worth of material for the moments that never got highlighted:

- Brave Fencer Musushi: My brother fighting off all these Krakens out here. :lol
- Squidbagging Makes Everything Better (Part 2): What's better than one guy doing it on screen?
- Don't Jump (Part 7) | (Part 8): Further continuation of my anti-air sniping. There will be a Part 9 up today or as soon as I hear from BlueSilver on a certain moment. It's so hard finding things in my past VODs. lol

Oh wow, I never even thought of that despite how hilarious they looked. It was seriously some Jojo's shit:

ORAORAORAORAORAORA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

I'm actually going to start collecting footage for a "MLG SplatGAF" reel sooner or later. Jintor still wants to do "Ubisoft presents: Splatoon" as well so maybe I'll try and collab with him for that as well.

Because hypertension is much better?

:p

The 3 hour and 11 minute mark. No, I don't take pride in knowing that. I had to go back to that spot constantly to try to screengrab the moment before you exploded, but my Pause-Fu was lacking.

For some funny shenanigans from me, go to the second match that starts at Moray. You see me juking Steven's Kraken in enemy ink at the middle only to get smacked as he went back to Roller.

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Hey Azure are you going to highlight some of those shenanigans from Friday night, like you and SM's brush fights?

How come every time we played against each other on Triggerfish someone on your team would use an inkstrike to destroy my beakons but the person on our team with it would just aim at random spots? This happened in multiple games

Really? Was it random people in your team with inkstrikes or part of Gaf? XD I remember one inkstrike that killed me because i jumped to it, but i had another one next to it that the inkstrikes didn't hit so I just went back and replaced the one that got destroyed lol.

Burnburn

Call me a quitter, but fuck does it feel good to go back to twin sticks. I have new-found respect for all you motion users

Edit Comm error

Ozium

^switch back to sticks, get a comm error.. the squid sisters are trying to tell you something m8^

Give me the damn BUCKET.

I want to bucket.

almost time for bucket.

SOON.

bucket

Geg

Really? Was it random people in your team with inkstrikes or part of Gaf? XD I remember one inkstrike that killed me because i jumped to it, but i had another one next to it that the inkstrikes didn't hit so I just went back and replaced the one that got destroyed lol.

I dunno I just remember multiple times where all my beakons were destroyed and your stayed intact, and watching the map one time to see someone fire an inkstrike at a large area between your two beakon setups leaving the ones you put near our spawn point unharmed

Azure J

The 3 hour and 11 minute mark. No, I don't take pride in knowing that. I had to go back to that spot constantly to try to screengrab the moment before you exploded, but my Pause-Fu was lacking.

For some funny shenanigans from me, go to the second match that starts at Moray. You see me juking Steven's Kraken in enemy ink at the middle only to get smacked as he went back to Roller.

Done:

Don't Jump..?!
The Hunt For Red October Blue Silver

atr0cious

It's hard going back a step before moving on two. Motion also makes throwing bombs "wobbly". Also hah at "dinner" haven't heard that "slur" before.
Just practice more. Remember that the gamepad is your throwing arc, maybe turn sensitivity up a notch so you barely have to flick. On mobile sorry lol.

R.D.Blax

My hand hurt and I have enough of getting blasted for the night, so I will stop for now. And how someone can do less than 200p with a Splash O matic is beyond me...

SM239

I was hoping I could roll that last attack up slot but instead I got ink recover. Oh well. Going to break for a bit again. GGs all.

lmao that kill I got on SM at the beginning of that one really surprised me

Yeah. I saw you stand there for a second like "wat" lol

First one: Again, sorry about the squidkid. I was in shock that that actually hit. Notice how I shot another shot before the squidkid? That was me assuming that you were alive and I was trying to prevent you from taking the perch easily.

Second one: Jump, Squid, jump! This is a playstyle I haven't used in a long time. I'm sure some of you remember chasing me at the top of Saltspray in a similar manner. Weaving around the boxes is so fun. =D

Totakeke

Did 3 people really just go one way instead of splitting up into pairs? I can't believe it.

I think it's a valid strat if the loner is a long range player. Though yeah, I'm most circumstances I just backtrack if I see too many people going my way.

Edit: Actually in competitive play I would think 3-1 is the better strategy.

PBalfredo

Marie needs to step up her reporting game. Callie does all the work and Marie has nothing of substance to offer. It's all just egging on Callie to deliver the actual news.

Top Bottom