• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Mellopillow

Neo Member
I dunno I just remember multiple times where all my beakons were destroyed and your stayed intact, and watching the map one time to see someone fire an inkstrike at a large area between your two beakon setups leaving the ones you put near our spawn point unharmed

OH, well in that case, I purposely spaced my beacons that way so that an inkstrike can't get both at the same time xD the person probably tried to hit both but failed to hit either I guess. Beacons have plenty of hp for some reason

WALKMAN04

Did 3 people really just go one way instead of splitting up into pairs? I can't believe it.
It's worse when you are the 1 vs 2 and you win your battle then get killed from behind, this has actually happened to me before and I was left alone that entire match and held it down pretty well lol

Edit: I finally jump on and everyone is done, I was actually going to play dual squelchers today, guess I will go grind cash in ranked

DaBoss

I think it's a valid strat if the loner is a long range player. Though yeah, I'm most circumstances I just backtrack if I see too many people going my way.

Edit: Actually in competitive play I would think 3-1 is the better strategy.
That would be assuming the team had a charger. And even then, 3v2 is easier than 2v1.

Heng

Oh, since there's a new page, I'll add in a few more thoughts here.

While it's not necessarily a highlight moment, there's something funny about your commentary at 2:33:30-2:35:35 ending with you and Heng splatting each other with bombs. =D

"This is ChargerGAF telling everyone else to get out" *snipes Red casually*
Don't give him any ideas of putting me on his highlights when he kills me. >.>

OryoN

Marie needs to step up her reporting game. Callie does all the work and Marie has nothing of substance to offer. It's all just egging on Callie to deliver the actual news.

I guess it's an intentional personality clash. Talkative vs somewhat quiet. Other than a character design preference, that's probably another reason why I'm all for team Marie!

PBalfredo

Grabbing and holding the middle area of Saltspray Rig is so critical that pretty much nothing else matters. Inking the thin walkways and the southern platform doesn't even matter because controlling the middle area (and the crane area that comes free with holding the center) pretty much grants you the majority of the stage. At most the team controlling the center would need a token last second push to guarantee victory if the opposing team has literally everything else.

Does any other stage have as such an overpowering winning strategy as Saltspray?

Totakeke

That would be assuming the team had a charger. And even then, 3v2 is easier than 2v1.

Well yeah, jet squelcher may work too. You mean 3v2 is harder than 2v1? Otherwise that's exactly the point. Overwhelm the enemy one side then past that the 3man team can even backtrack and flank to help the lone charger.

Azure J

Marie is a leader, not a cheerleader. Calie got there by sucking up to Judd with snacks, but Marie is obviously from the sewers, and saw some terrible shit as kid. Blame squidciety, not her.

>Assuming it doesn't take far more character to approach life optimistically after seein' some shit all while actually doing your job/what's expected of you

Typical Marie fanboy arguments. :p

atr0cious

>Assuming it doesn't take far more character to approach life optimistically after seein' some shit all while actually doing your job/what's expected of you

Typical Marie fanboy arguments. :p
You must not have read the part in my fan fiction where Calie got hand outs, while Marie found out why humans used to say life isn't fair. Marie knows smiling is just appeasing your oppressor.

I'm gonna go and mess with the Sploosh a bit.

Everyone's offline?

Gonna try to join Atr0cious' room.

YOOOOOO, I just saw the top video right now, nice shot there on Azure, blue silver xD

It was a nice shot, then I went full on dick mode without realizing it because I could not believe what had happened. D=

Suction Bombs are awesome, just throwing one on the tower and having the explosion kill someone camping on the center ledge on the mall WHILE it's moving back to the center is so satisfying in its own way.

Crayolan

Marie needs to step up her reporting game. Callie does all the work and Marie has nothing of substance to offer. It's all just egging on Callie to deliver the actual news.

Callie delivers the news but Marie delivers the humor. They play off each other perfectly.

PBalfredo

Callie delivers the news but Marie delivers the humor. They play off each other perfectly.

"What is it? What is it?"

"Come on. Come on."

"Wait for it..."

"Oooooh!"

Marie is less jokes and more just empty filler.

Which makes her perfect for Japanese TV, I guess.

I fell for the bomb drop. =D Finally.

Sploosh makes my brain work overtime with the way I play. I'm shaking very mildly from the adrenaline and hyperactivity when I hold the gamepad now. Ha.

Crayolan

"What is it? What is it?"

"Come on. Come on."

"Wait for it..."

"Oooooh!"

Marie is less jokes and more just empty filler.

Which makes her perfect for Japanese TV, I guess.

Part of her job, she needs to leave Callie something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When she gets her chance to actually talk her dialogue is 10/10.

Top Bottom