• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

:p You know what I mean. I feel like if it had a disruptor instead it would be so much more better. Still gimmicky but it would work.

I really didnt. You made it seem like the weapon itself was subpar but redeemed by being the only mid range gun with inkzooka. The base gun is very strong.

WALKMAN04

:p You know what I mean. I feel like if it had a disruptor instead it would be so much more better. Still gimmicky but it would work.
It's a great weapon, one of my favorite to use in ranked and it wins me most of the matches at A+ rooms. The point sensor is great for showing your team where enemies are especially on tower control since a lot of maps have the tower in a smallish area where you can just chuck it over the tower and point out people. It also outranges most weapons excluding the jet squelchers and chargers. Overall a very solid weapon.

Edit: from my understanding forge is the tower control version, regular is the turf war and either can be used for splat zones. This is how I play them and it works beautifully

It's a great weapon, one of my favorite to use in ranked and it wins me most of the matches at A+ rooms. The point sensor is great for showing your team where enemies are especially on tower control since a lot of maps have the tower in a smallish area where you can just chuck it over the tower and point out people. It also outranges most weapons excluding the jet squelchers and chargers. Overall a very solid weapon.

Edit: from my understanding forge is the tower control version, regular is the turf war and either can be used for splat zones. This is how I play them and it works beautifully

I think point sensors are underrated.

Maybe I just didn't give it a fair shake then.

ryechu

Now I remember why I tend to avoid turf wars. Wow. The players are horrendous.

Turn off motion controls. See how easy it is. Its not their fault the developers are adding more verticality to stages and yet they can only aim in bursts in the y direction.

atr0cious

Decent games all around. Starting to get comfortable aiming the ranged blaster, just need to use my wall more, and get cleaner shots. Starting to look for SM's carbon instead of running from it
Turn off motion controls. See how easy it is. Its not their fault the developers are adding more verticality to stages and yet they can only aim in bursts in the y direction.
Pretty much this. Even with motion controls people are having a hard time figuring out the most efficient ways to paint. And the more vertical the maps, the harder it's gonna get.

Zing

Banned
How do you use the wall when it sucks all but one shot worth of ink? I am used to jet squelcher being able to empty a clip on fools with ink wall. The time I tried range blaster I spent half the ink wall just sitting in ink recharging.

That was my first GAF room I joined and that was a lot of fun. GGs everyone. My name in game was Rudeboy. Still getting used to playing charger. I do pretty well in random rooms, but that was harder playing with people here. Definitely looking forward to playing with GAF more often.

atr0cious

How do you use the wall when it sucks all but one shot worth of ink? I am used to jet squelcher being able to empty a clip on fools with ink wall. The time I tried range blaster I spent half the ink wall just sitting in ink recharging.
Use abilities that get you more ink, main and sub saver or ink recovery should work in a pinch.

ryechu

They heard the cat salt and changed splat fest wins percentage to be four times instead off just double.
Lol beaten.

They rescaled specials to require differing amounts of points. Inkzooka seems to require the most at 220. Killer wail at 160. All this seems really nice.

Translate says A new BGM added, but japanese doesnt have particles so i would take that with a grain of salt.

I'm still trying to make sense of the ability changes. They changed tenacity and special up.

EDIT: The changes seem to be bugfixes instead of balance minded changes. I was hoping for a buff to special duration up that all these freaking subs plaguing my rarest gear would become useful. That and a buff to ink saver sub because that shit is so situational.

atr0cious

They rescaled specials to require differing amounts of points. Inkzooka seems to require the most at 220. Killer wail at 160. All this seems really nice.

Translate says A new BGM added, but japanese doesnt have particles so i would take that with a grain of salt.

I'm still trying to make sense of the ability changes. They changed tenacity and special up.
Woah, this could make killer wail useful. Gonna stack on some special saver now.

I think point sensors are underrated.
So I will admit that I haven't the best experiences with Point Sensors, and that could learn to be better with them, but generally I find that if I'm close enough to hit someone with a Point Sensor, then they're close enough for me to just kill them instead. Is this a common case?

That was my first GAF room I joined and that was a lot of fun. GGs everyone. My name in game was Rudeboy. Still getting used to playing charger. I do pretty well in random rooms, but that was harder playing with people here. Definitely looking forward to playing with GAF more often.
Oh hello! I'm Tingly! I remember you nailing me a couple times, haha :) I'm assuming you were using the Kelp Charger? Hope to play against you again in the future.

What O_O that is a megaton, interesting that they're going to do buffs and nerds on specials.

Mellopillow

Neo Member

Nice aim there! I'm emil in the room btw xD

Geg

I'll post some stuff from that periodically

・デカライン高架下:すべてのルールで大幅に地形を変更しました。
・シオノメ油田:ガチヤグラルールでのステージ配置を調整しました。
・アロワナモール:ガチエリアルールでのステージ配置を調整しました。
・モズク農園:ガチエリア・ガチヤグラルールでのステージ配置を調整しました。
・タチウオパーキング:ガチエリア・ガチヤグラルールでのステージ配置を調整しました。
Stage changes:

Urchin Underpass: Major layout changes in all modes.
Saltspray Rig: Stage layout adjusted for Tower Control
Arowana Mall: Stage layout adjusted for Splat Zones
Kelp Dome: Stage layout adjusted for Splat Zones and Tower Control
Moray Towers: Stage layout adjusted for Splat Zones and Tower Control

ryechu

I'm sorta glad they didnt change the weapon characteristics, instead choosing to balance supers.Though that 200 cost on echo is going to be a pain for e liter.

atr0cious

Then you have no strength up and the blaster will require direct hits.
You have three sets for a reason. Either use a main damage up, or stack across, you don't need more than 1 main or 3 subs to be effective, I was using 2 subs on my ninja shirt and getting OHKOs.

DaBoss

Inkzooka requiring more turf is a good change.

Stage changes:

I did feel that Rig needed an adjustment for TC and Moray needed one for SZ, but I wonder what changes they did to the maps.

Geg

Points needed to charge Inkzooka changed from 180 to 220
Points needed to charge Echolocator changed from 180 to 200
Points needed to charge Killer Wail changed from 180 to 160

Splash Wall: Something about a fix regarding the burst/damage radius of bombs that hit it?

ryechu

Splash Wall: Something about a fix regarding the burst/damage radius of bombs that hit it?

I think they just normalized the dmg that bombs do to the wall. Should make them better at knocking walls down since bombs do a shit ton of dmg.

ryechu

Stage changes:

Walleye confirmed, time and again, to be the best stage.

Crayolan

Fresh Prince Squids of Inkopolis

Fuck off devs. Half of the time I just use the echolocator as a quick ink refill so this is annoying as hell.

Google translate of one of the lines:
'You can fold the tag as "Friends of Friends" by merging from friends.'

:O
lol

"Friends of friends can join" is more accurate. But we already knew that this was very, very likely due to there being no other point to having a Password function. The patch notes even specifically mention that that's why you can set a password. :p

WALKMAN04

So I will admit that I haven't the best experiences with Point Sensors, and that could learn to be better with them, but generally I find that if I'm close enough to hit someone with a Point Sensor, then they're close enough for me to just kill them instead. Is this a common case?

Oh hello! I'm Tingly! I remember you nailing me a couple times, haha :) I'm assuming you were using the Kelp Charger? Hope to play against you again in the future.

What O_O that is a megaton, interesting that they're going to do buffs and nerds on specials.
Point sensors can be used down hills, over obstacles, or around corners since the blast radius is bigger then the sensor itself. You can also use them to find out if an enemy is there or not while they are hiding in ink. I find them most effective in tower control as I said before you can throw them over the tower near the beginning of a round and know where at least one enemy is. If you can kill them without using the point sensor then go for it but there a lot of ways to use them, I also like them because the cost so little ink, maybe the least out of sub weapons, I'm not sure.

Probably going to jump back in for a bit in a second.

If anyone I played with today that doesn't have me yet and wants to add me then feel free to add me and I will make room for you on my friends list.

DaBoss

lol

"Friends of friends can join" is more accurate. But we already knew that this was very, very likely due to there being no other point to having a Password function. The patch notes even specifically mention that that's why you can set a password. :p
Yea, but confirmation is nice cause you know, this is something Nintendo hasn't done before, allowing friends of friends join I mean.

Yea, but confirmation is nice cause you know, this is something Nintendo hasn't done before, allowing friends of friends join I mean.
Really? Didn't know that. o_O

Also winning % in Splatfests is now worth 4x the weight of popular vote. See? Bitching about dogs can accomplish things after all!

Top Bottom