• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

The victory animation for the new weapons are awesome. Loving the new underpass, shame I won't be able to try it out until Friday.
Team Marshmallows

ryechu

Why would that matter?

it doesnt. But still, ink saver mains give you like 10% more ink for your main weapon per main ability. Ink saver sub saves you around 8% ink per 100 percent of your ink tank spend on subs. Ink recovery synergies with ink saver mains, but it also scales really well so you can stack it. Its good for weapons that use a lot of subs, but aren't those few weapon that get a notable effect from ink saver subs. Because you can throw a lot more subs in the same amount of time with ink recovery than you can with ink saver subs.

Try going 3 ink recoveries on an e liter, and you literally never have issues with running out of ink for both main or subs.

Cool_M

Who is the gaffer M.?
Made me rage quit (I didn't disconnect but just stopped playing or else I would throw out the gamepad).

Not my intention but I do the same thing in rank mode when Inkzookas everywhere. I don't see how Nintendo can't see that the special needs a tell or some kind warning that it's aimed at you.

Celine

Not my intention but I do the same thing in rank mode when Inkzookas everywhere. I don't see how Nintendo can't see that the special needs a tell or some kind warning that it's aimed at you.
Don't worry. You are good.
I just couldn't stand the NZap89 lack of power.
It takes too long to splat sometime (roughly 3 seconds which with lags is troublesome).

MrPanic

So who's ready for Team SplatGAF on Squad Battles? Maybe we should all add GAF to our usernames online.

Don't you have to change your system Mii to change you ingame name? I'd rather have something more subtle in my name than a full blown clan tag if this becomes a thing.

wow

guy on TC so laggy that the tower keeps moving for five seconds after he dies and he's A-

second lobby, we get a C+ player who's afk for the entire first half before planting a beacon at spawn

RedFyn

The reason I prefer main to recovery is that main is more useful in the middle of a fight (no time to refill) and for sustained coverage (faster painting of an area).

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure someone has said that you recover faster while moving, I think you do

It reloads faster, might not be a must for every weapon, but it's essential for the dynamo.
This is the first time I've heard this and looking at the video vecks posted it doesn't seem to be true.

Ozium

tumblr_nskurcm1WW1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

I need that asian conical hat thing... dunno what they are called but the one on the far left... like what you see farmers wearing

also some gear will be in shops, some will be unlocked

From what we’re hearing, some of these items will be found in the shops at the Booyah Base, while others can only be acquired by meeting certain conditions.

sorry if old

Rize_21

The reason I prefer main to recovery is that main is more useful in the middle of a fight (no time to refill) and for sustained coverage (faster painting of an area).

This is the first time I've heard this and looking at the video vecks posted it doesn't seem to be true.

placebo effect, mea culpa.
It's quite obvious the tank refill doesn't change from that video.

Geg

There are gonna be way too many options once the update hits. I dunno if I want to do minesweeper bumper brushes first or all-bucket rooms first or like serious gaf splat zone/tower control matches first

ooh, playing against randoms is one thing, I'm not sure I can handle GAF rooms

Do it, it will make you a better player. I've only started playing with everyone here the past two nights and I already feel like I've made an improvement. Last night after the map change I went into a room of randoms since no one on my friends list was in a game yet and I destroyed everyone easliy. It was like playing in slow motion. People were just walking into my charger. Then GuySloth came in after a match or so and when we were on opposite teams, he gave me so much trouble unlike anyone else in the room. Makes you play smarter and you have to make every shot count. It can get pretty intense.

Add me if you want to. NNID is XRayMonster. Name in game is Rudeboy. I'll probably be on again later tonight.

RedFyn

I'm playing from a very uncomfortable (for aiming, the cushion is actually very comfortable) position and its really messing me up

Do it, it will make you a better player. I've only started playing with everyone here the past two nights and I already feel like I've made an improvement. Last night after the map change I went into a room of randoms since no one on my friends list was in a game yet and I destroyed everyone easliy. It was like playing in slow motion. People were just walking into my charger. Then GuySloth came in after a match or so and when we were on opposite teams, he gave me so much trouble unlike anyone else in the room. Makes you play smarter and you have to make every shot count. It can get pretty intense.

Add me if you want to. NNID is XRayMonster. Name in game is Rudeboy. I'll probably be on again later tonight.

Yeah, was in a GAF room for a bit. Not doing TOO bad I think...

DaBoss

How exactly do you treat a Turf War match like a Tower Control? Do you just follow a single path to the middle, never inking anything else?
1. Use an E-liter.
2. Go to one of these two spots depending on which team you're on:
OJeMwGK.png

3. Stay there the entire match.

This is effective in Tower Control, not Turf War.

Top Bottom