• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

1. Use an E-liter.
2. Go to one of these two spots depending on which team you're on:
OJeMwGK.png

3. Stay there the entire match.

This is effective in Tower Control, not Turf War.

ha

Ahnez

Right, I never got to tell anyone because I had to register an account here and couldn't speak. I was [GAF]Rufus. I did the whole GAF tag thing so people would know I wasn't just some nobody.

OHH thats you

Hello

1. Use an E-liter.
2. Go to one of these two spots depending on which team you're on:
3. Stay there the entire match.

This is effective in Tower Control, not Turf War.

Well, most (if not all) players I saw doing this are so bad with a charger.. I don't think they would help at all even if they left that spot lol

Robotguy

Speaking of streams, I got an elgato, and I think someone in here said there was some third party streaming software that I should be using instead of the standard elgato software, if so, what was it?
I may have no idea what I'm talking about

Vecks

Wait, am I wrong or does the inkstrike after time out did not take effect in the splosher video.

https://youtu.be/55-9hysETIw?t=3m12s

Seems kind of hard to say from that angle, since you can't tell exactly where it hit. He's almost at the entrance to the top, but then he turns almost 90 degrees, such that he's looking towards the south. The final inkstrike also looks like an automatic release, so if the squid who fired was behind the yellow obstacle, it would have landed on a bad spot, in that area full of green.

Geg

I think I'm gonna take a break from Splatoon today and probably tomorrow up until the update hits. I wanna get as far as I can into Earthbound before I get sucked back deep into squid hell

Zing

Banned
YouTube streams tho
On this topic I vastly prefer YouTube as a tablet user. For whatever reason, twitch website completely fails to work on iPads. Maybe it requires flash? The twitch iOS app blows fat nuts, and doesn't work with URLs or links to specific time stamps. Youtube app works perfectly in all regards.

For example, his YouTube link takes me right to the YouTube app and loads the stream. Your twitch link takes me to the website, despite video streams not working on iOS (of which they must be aware), and I have no easy way to view your stream in the app. I have to manually find your channel and favourite it before I can view anything. Even then the UI is awful.

yeah it looks like a much better map. My only issue with it is that its aesthetic is all over the place now.
Agreed. Before, it at least resembled an underpass. Now it is just some random concrete with walls and trees at the bottom(?!) why would there be tree there.

Ahnez

I think I'm gonna take a break from Splatoon today and probably tomorrow up until the update hits. I wanna get as far as I can into Earthbound before I get sucked back deep into squid hell

I still have my CN Earthbound installed and never started it.. :/

I have so many unfinished games because of Splatoon..

Azure J

On this topic I vastly prefer YouTube as a tablet user. For whatever reason, twitch website completely fails to work on iPads. Maybe it requires flash? The twitch iOS app blows fat nuts, and doesn't work with URLs or links to specific time stamps. Youtube app works perfectly in all regards.

For example, his YouTube link takes me right to the YouTube app and loads the stream. Your twitch link takes me to the website, despite video streams not working on iOS (of which they must be aware), and I have no easy way to view your stream in the app. I have to manually find your channel and favourite it before I can view anything. Even then the UI is awful.

Agreed. Before, it at least resembled an underpass. Now it is just some random concrete with walls and trees at the bottom(?!) why would there be tree there.

Yeah, I personally would love to do my streaming through YouTube but I had a Twitch I used sparingly for Guilty Gear streams and thought why not keep them up. I also assumed GAF has a lot more Twitch users than YT users as well.

Huh. Somehow I've never noticed the little pillar on Mackerel Tower Control that lets you up into one of their side passages. I've always just jumped off the tower into the passage on the far side.

Geg

Okay I did get on to go on Saltspray and compare the gamexplain video of the heavy splatling, and from the looks of it it's even longer range than the splattershot pro/.96/dual squelcher. It's probably got about the same range as the jet squelcher.

edit: Okay, not that long. Its range is in between the dual and jet squelchers

Dubz

Just got this and I'm in love. This game has clicked with me like few MP games have. I am constantly winning and leading my team in points. Go roller!

Blunoise

Just got this and I'm in love. This game has clicked with me like few MP games have. I am constantly winning and leading my team in points. Go roller!
Don't worry that winning streak will die out lol, but yea congrats on becoming a squid :)

Celine

That's the point. To understand the game, you must first understand the player.
What I don't like about these kind of players is not their skill with a weapon type but rather they don't understand how turf wars work.
He just mindlessly run around the stage before getting killed in a stupid way.

ryechu

What I don't like about these kind of players is not their skill with a weapon type but rather they don't understand how turf wars work.
He just mindlessly run around the stage before getting killed in a stupid way.

That's what i like about em.

Zing

Banned
I see SM and others milking the Tenatek Splattershot before it gets nerfed tomorrow. In honour of the almighty Tenatek, I am wearing all Tenatek gear for this evening. Enjoy the inkzookas and splat bombs.

SM239

I see SM and others milking the Tenatek Splattershot before it gets nerfed tomorrow. In honour of the almighty Tenatek, I am wearing all Tenatek gear for this evening. Enjoy the inkzookas and splat bombs.

I wish it had splat bombs. lol

Mellopillow

Neo Member
So who is #teambucket ?
I can't wait for the bucket ;D looks super tricky, I wonder if you can curve your shots to spread your ink in a wide area.
Oh is anyone in a room? I'm trying out the splash o matic, and testing out some stuff to see what I can do with it lol

Well that was usually for weapon/map/game mode unlocks. This I believe is a legit download so it may just drop whenever. If it's coming out midnight EDT then I'll stay up for it. If not, then I'd catch you guys tomorrow night lol.

The maintenance period is listed on Nintendo's website.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_US/index.html

If it's like the previous software updates, it should be available for download a few minutes after the maintenance starts, and you should be able to play online before the end time listed.

Code:
San Francisco (U.S.A. - California)  Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 17:50 → 19:00  PDT  UTC-7 hours  
New York (U.S.A. - New York)         Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 20:50 → 22:00  EDT  UTC-4 hours  

UTC (GMT)                            Thursday,  6 August 2015, 00:50 → 02:00                

London (United Kingdom - England)    Thursday,  6 August 2015, 01:50 → 03:00  BST  UTC+1 hour   
Paris (France)                       Thursday,  6 August 2015, 02:50 → 04:00  CEST UTC+2 hours  
Tokyo (Japan)                        Thursday,  6 August 2015, 09:50 → 11:00  JST  UTC+9 hours  
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales) Thursday,  6 August 2015, 10:50 → 12:00  AEST UTC+10 hours

Top Bottom