• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Africanus

Every time I fall in the water, it's super embarrassing and I hope nobody saw me. But I know someone did.

Hey don't worry. One time on Salt Spray I did the best surprise leap to an enemy with Dynamo roller. Splatted him in one shot! Only momentum carried me in my jump over the edge of the walkway to the bottom, so I wondered what he/she was thinking when they saw the splat-cam.

Azure J

Since it's gonna be a little bit before I start putting up highlights, allow me to say the following in (late) celebration:

A + B O Y S

They really need to figure out something about the lag sooner or later. An Octobrush popping out of the ink and splatting you before they even start a single swing is ridiculous.

Oh man, that nap felt good. Unfortunately, it's gonna screw up my sleep schedule.

I was kinda hoping that the update would hit around midnight PST tonight, but I guess not. Maintenance starts at 7 pm? That's a bit late, isn't it?

RedFyn

Since it's gonna be a little bit before I start putting up highlights, allow me to say the following in (late) celebration:

A + B O Y S
No way. How much did you pay that cat?

Oh man, that nap felt good. Unfortunately, it's gonna screw up my sleep schedule.

I was kinda hoping that the update would hit around midnight PST tonight, but I guess not. Maintenance starts at 7 pm? That's a bit late, isn't it?
Maintenance ends at 7 I thought.

Vecks

I ordered this recently but won't get it until after splatfest. Is splatfest like a double xp weekend or something?

No, it's just a competition where you rank up by playing matches in order to earn snails. I think the xp you get is probably the same.

Africanus

They really need to figure out something about the lag sooner or later. An Octobrush popping out of the ink and splatting you before they even start a single swing is ridiculous.

Maybe your reaction times are so slow they appeared to strike you down without a fell swoop!

No, it's just a competition where you rank up by playing matches in order to earn snails. I think the xp you get is probably the same.
It's up to 720K worth of snails though, don't leave that part out!

But there's a splatfest scheduled once every few weeks so missing one isn't a big deal.

J@hranimo

Banned
Just lost a fruitless splat zone match where I both admired and envied the other team.

They had an Octobrush who was not only placing beakons, but all of his teammates used them. Wish I had it like that when I'm using CDS lol.

Congrats Azure on the A+ rank!

Just got Splatoon today and am I excited to play with GAF in the next few days! Does the new update have any kind of mode like Mario Kart 8's tournaments that will let us have a community of sorts?

A + B O Y S

Congrats

Just got Splatoon today and am I excited to play with GAF in the next few days! Does the new update have any kind of mode like Mario Kart 8's tournaments that will let us have a community of sorts?

There's no community like in Mario Kart, but there are private lobbies that people can password lock so only gaffers who know the password can join, also you can set maps/modes in the lobbies.

Robotguy

7Mb/s down and .9-1Mb/s up.
Even if your internet is super shitty, you can still record and upload the highlights later.

What's your upload though and where were you trying to set the bitrate to?
Yeah, that's actually what I originally wanted to do, but then I forgot about that.
1Mb/s if I'm lucky, was trying for around 700 kb/s.
It was actually working pretty well for a while, but then I tried again with the same setting and started dropping frames. Lowered the resolution and that helped some, but I was still dropping frames at 360p. :(

Nico_D

Fuck, I swear that was the last time I'm stepping on the tower. 13 deaths just now. Why? Oh, maybe because

1. I was the only one moving the tower.
2. My team didn't bother to cover me.

And I had Splatterscope, two others had blasters - which they barely used with two kills each. And I thought, no way I'm going on the tower with sniper rifle especially since you can't see shit at Port Mackerel thanks for camera playing all kinds of shit - what can you do when no one else is moving it?

Azure J

Oh, I almost forgot, Blak_Status (sorry man) asked me where I got my layout from. It's just a tiled version of this graphic:

splatoon2_zps837166af8oppk.png

Someone made it in one of the pre-release threads and I kept it for both my Twitter background and now this layout. We made the layout itself by pasting it a few times in the black space around the footage that didn't contain the chat.

ryechu

I just played 3 games of the quick respawn splat roller in TC. It was the stupidest thing. I dont even play the splat roller, didnt use a single kraken, and the games werent even close. I'm ready to get into S.

I actually tried ranked again today for the first time since week 1.

There was a B- in what was supposed to be a C- lobby. He probably stayed in that lobby since ranking up from like C.

So can't wait for the update to fix that nonsense. I did win the last game against that B- though. I went 19-8 to his 15-10 and I'm just a pathetic C- HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE... Though I will admit that at least 5 of my deaths were to him. :p

Rize_21

Fuck, I swear that was the last time I'm stepping on the tower. 13 deaths just now. Why? Oh, maybe because

1. I was the only one moving the tower.
2. My team didn't bother to cover me.

And I had Splatterscope, two others had blasters - which they barely used with two kills each. And I thought, no way I'm going on the tower with sniper rifle especially since you can't see shit at Port Mackerel thanks for camera playing all kinds of shit - what can you do when no one else is moving it?

And if there's two bad guys stepping on the tower your team is done no matter how "badass at killing" your team is, I'd rather wait for splatzones than TC, was out of insults last time I jumped in TC.
It's as if people are unable to read the objective that pops at the start.

And if there's two bad guys stepping on the tower your team is done no matter how "badass at killing" your team is, I'd rather wait for splatzones than TC, was out of insults last time I jumped in TC.
It's as if people are unable to read the objective that pops at the start.
Ain't got time to read, only splat!

correojon

I actually tried ranked again today for the first time since week 1.

There was a B- in what was supposed to be a C- lobby. He probably stayed in that lobby since ranking up from like C.

So can't wait for the update to fix that nonsense. I did win the last game against that B- though. I went 19-8 to his 15-10 and I'm just a pathetic C- HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE... Though I will admit that at least 5 of my deaths were to him. :p

Yesterday I got a match of a full A+ squad VS full B+ squad. The B+ team wiped the floor with us A+ so hard...I took the -14 points and left the lobby instantly in shame.

BTW, I was the only one with a positive K/D ratio in my team, the rest had really horrible K/Ds. I must say I´m really not finding any difference in player skill between B+ and A+, save for the rare A+ killing machine that pops up in matches once in a while and dominates everyone.

Top Bottom