• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ryechu

I forgot to post this, but I played a ranked match today as A+ with 7 B+ players. I got 5 points for winning. Prior you would still get 10. I like this change.

Fao0svB.jpg

Here's mine

If your twitter is linked to the Splatoon stat page, you can set up a match by tweeting out to your followers. You can set the time and all that cool stuff. Pretty useful.

Maengun1

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the hold-and-release firing aspect of the Splating. I was hoping it would be constant fire when holding ZR with the tradeoff being it depletes ink super quickly or something. I don't like playing with Chargers and this is basically the same.

Bucket is fun though!

Interestingly the website doesn't allow you to see the profile of players who haven't installed the 2.0.0 update. It is probably related to the in-game prompt “by playing online, you accept your stats to be shown on the Internet” that appears when you first access online with 2.0.0 .

Exentryk

Should be able to join in about an hour.

For a person that can't aim, is the bucket a usable weapon? Or just stick with rollers?

All this stat pic posting is making scrolling down this page a pain in the ass. Some of us are on 768p screens guys, if you could put your pics in quotes then that would be excellent.

Grakl

Anyone else think that close range with bucket you should only use burst bombs? They'll kill way faster. When you're at midrange bucket away though

Fucking hell, how am I suppose to grind gear stats quickly if I keep my teammates are the ones who camp in the back who don't push to the point?

Guess I'm off ranked unless I'm in a squad, ranked battles with randoms is just stress inducing and salt poundingly awful.

atr0cious

Can someone explain what that site is and how to use it?
Mktv for Splatoon.

Top left corner opens a drop menu. First one is friends, then the friend rank system. Third is your setup, and the last one is the current and future map rotation.
What do the numbers mean on the rankings?
I'm guessing it's based off a hidden aggregator of your play. If you look, they have one for turf and a separate one for ranked.

They also refresh every Sunday.

Lingitiz

Playing with 3 players is a fucking joke. How this game manages to bungle even the most simple of modern MP features is beyond me.

Robotguy

Mktv for Splatoon.

Top left corner opens a drop menu. First one is friends, then the friend rank system. This is your setup, and the last one is the current and future map rotation.

I'm guessing it's based off a hidden aggregator of your play. If you look, they have one for turf and a separate one for ranked.

They also refresh every Sunday.
Guess that's why I don't have one for ranked then.

Great just what I need, a japanese bucket user who tea bags you and spins in circles spamming the bucket into the air like it's some rain dance, fuck you also.

Could not ever think there would be something more annoying than the blaster.

After a long time of not playing got back into the game and managed to go back to 80 B+, despite some people not going to the tower in tower control which is par for the course.

This game is a blast, learning how to deal with the Bucket and the Gatling gun are already being really fun - I'm always short on cash because I wanna buy everything and I don't play nearly as much as I'd want to, tho.

I wanna play later with you all in a room with voice chat, though - I've been hearing that going around and it seems like it could be even more fun, yay. Also before people use squads to constantly knockout the other team and level up to 50 that way.

Great update, though, lots of stuff new in my stores (maybe because I probably didn't buy everything before that, buuut). It just really pains me to have most be filled with ?s, heh.

Rize_21

So guys, if you don't feel like doing a certain mode or stage while in a room created by myself, feel free to say as much in my stream chat. I can't interact with you all much better than that mid game, sorry.

Nah, thanks for hosting Azure, I'll wait to get a better connection to go in your stream chat while playing, and good games all, not accustomed at so much stability, the new weapons are awesome.

lmao found this gif on tumblr

tumblr_nsmkn1GXry1u7skfeo1_400.gif

Haha, this is amazing.

(Also, how is this 'ranking' in the site measured? I got 31 (8th in my list, Heng is first with a whooping 507) in regular and 90 in ranked (4th on my list, Walkman is first with 243). I don't know what the numbers mean lmao)

Top Bottom