• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

nom

If you haven't already I'd recommend signing up to https://discordapp.com and joining the NeoGAF server.

Will make it easy to chat during private lobbys, and also has voice support if we need it in the future for Squad Battles.

v2.0.0 might have completely broken the game for me. Every single match will pause with the unstable connection warning and then comes communications error and me kicked out. Prior to the patch I saw that warning once.

I preferred the old days when I couldn't shoot the floor rather than just straight being unable to play the game.

Yes I am on wired, have put the Wii U into DMZ (so no port issues) but I can't do anything about the half a megabit upstream which could be the bottleneck (reports I've read suggest this game devours upstream bandwidth which in turn kills the latency and downstream which is probably causing the error...bring back the days when a shooter could be played on dial-up).

I'll try again later today but I've never had it that bad.

For some more fun here are the offline shopkeepers:
WVW69iQr0jQq_j_vLu
WVW69iQr1hMh9fDRTb

WVW69iQr3AIrPsLARW
WVW69iQr5Ns-_FmZOW
I like how Annie tries to whisper internet (as indicated by the smaller font)
Plus Moe:
WVW69iQr30Y2Fi89Yi

:(

hopping matches in search for a Squid Girl shirt is depressing.
I saw one but given I disconnected it probably has not transferred to my lobby.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I got the chance to play it a bit post update this morning before going to work (EU here). I really like what the update did to the game. And the bucket is almost as fun as the brush, I will keep playing with it this weekend. I can't get used to the gatling mechanic, but I might try again. For me its risk-reward balance is off, but I think it's a matter of getting used to it.

Rushed to check the shops after the update, man what a waste of time. They've not bothered to fix them so they prioritise stuff you don't already own, all I had available was 1 seriously ugly hat and 1 pair of shoes.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I tried it quickly and it's fun - but I was a bit surprised that it don't have weight to it while moving and shooting.

Now that you said it, that's right, there isn't the same feel like you have with other weapons. It should fell more heavy while shooting.

In case anyone wondered what Judd gives you at level 25. It appears to be a
3 slot piece of armour (armour hat replica
(source: this person who had a glitch that put them from level 20 straight to level 26).

Top Bottom