• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

Is having Discord or voice chat going to be a requirement for playing in Squads or Private Battles here? I'm one of those weirdos that don't have a smartphone and my desktop is upstairs, so doing voice chat is going to be difficult for me.

I guess I should just stay out the more serious and competitive Squad Battles, but would anyone care if I still jumped into random Private Rooms? I don't want to be a detriment to the fun.
I have played a lot of online shooters and hardly ever use voice chat, I don't mind doing either so if you are ever looking to play squad or private battles without voice chat I'm down, I'm sure others would do the same, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Vecks

Is having Discord or voice chat going to be a requirement for playing in Squads or Private Battles here? I'm one of those weirdos that don't have a smartphone and my desktop is upstairs, so doing voice chat is going to be difficult for me.

I guess I should just stay out the more serious and competitive Squad Battles, but would anyone care if I still jumped into random Private Rooms? I don't want to be a detriment to the fun.

I don't think everyone will require it. I don't really care about voice chat. But for private rooms, you might want to pop in here and see what's up in case they want to do a just-for-fun room like bumperbrush.

Zing

Banned
I don't think it is required, but it helps, even if you can just hear us. Voice chat is just fun. Unless you do not have an iphone or android, which would be odd (windows phone???), or live in a monastery, you should be able to voice chat.

At this stage in the game, i notice that whoever has the most chaingun (whatever it is called) on their team loses. Haha.

Exile20

No, never.

A lot of people are willing to squad up with you without voice chat.

If you have a pc join the server still and exchange NNID and state you have no voice chat. It will be fine.

We are 29 strong now. We are turning into a small community. Come join us.

I think Nintendo is reacting to how fast people were leveling up and wanted to slow it down. They didn't expect people to be playing the game so much.

Jims

I have played a lot of online shooters and hardly ever use voice chat, I don't mind doing either so if you are ever looking to play squad or private battles without voice chat I'm down, I'm sure others would do the same, I don't think you have much to worry about.

I don't think everyone will require it. I don't really care about voice chat. But for private rooms, you might want to pop in here and see what's up in case they want to do a just-for-fun room like bumperbrush.

I don't think it is required, but it helps, even if you can just hear us.

Ah, OK, thanks. Everyone is organizing a little more and I didn't want to be that annoying guy who keeps joining without a mic, haha. I'll keep an eye on this thread to get a better read on which rooms are doing something specific (like bumper brushes or buckets only) and/or which ones are doing team voice tests and stuff.

Worst case scenario, I can always just attempt to shoot Geg over and over. :p

daydream

Banned
couple of questions since i probably won't have the time to try the update before i leave for vacation

a) is there a comprehensive write-up detailing the map changes they've introduced?

b) anything for aerospray fans in the added weapons?

c) any other meta changes that are noteworthy? i reckon it's too early to tell but still

J@hranimo

Banned
Well I created my discord account and downloaded the app.

So that's it for now I guess. Can't wait to see how my HyperX Clouds work with my phone :p

javac

Found this on /v/, not complete as far as I'm aware.
6B9yrjj.png
So many ways to stay fresh.

Exile20

Well I created my discord account and downloaded the app.

So that's it for now I guess. Can't wait to see how my HyperX Clouds work with my phone :p

Don't forget to click on the invite link.

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Gave the bucket a go, holy hell this thing is amazing, went 9-1 and over 1300 ink points. Very Strong and decent range.

And urchin Underpass is godly now, top tier map.

J@hranimo

Banned
Don't forget to click on the invite link.

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Got it. Thanks!

javac

So everyone has found a way to communicate with one another. I never use voice chat, I'm way too self conscious >.< Is that weird? Must be a common feeling, I hope.

nom

So everyone has found a way to communicate with one another. I never use voice chat, I'm way too self conscious >.< Is that weird? Must be a common feeling, I hope.

There's also a text chat which is what we're mostly using atm

Robotguy

couple of questions since i probably won't have the time to try the update before i leave for vacation

a) is there a comprehensive write-up detailing the map changes they've introduced?

b) anything for aerospray fans in the added weapons?

c) any other meta changes that are noteworthy? i reckon it's too early to tell but still
The patch notes indicate which stages have received changes in which modes:
http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-version-2-0-0-full-patch-notes/
a) Nobody has written up a description of exactly what the changes are too my knowledge, but that would be difficult in some cases as for example Underpass is basically a completely different stage, and the bottom of Moray Towers on Splat Zones is also way different.

b) Not out of the weapons that launched with the update, but I imagine if you main aerospray you're more likely to like the Slosher than the Splatling.

c) To early to tell really, but based on Azure's lobby last night 2 Sloshers + Tentatek + Dual Squelcher looks to be super effective for splat zones, at least on warehouse.

daydream

Banned
The patch notes indicate which stages have received changes in which modes:
http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-version-2-0-0-full-patch-notes/
a) Nobody has written up a description of exactly what the changes are too my knowledge, but that would be difficult in some cases as for example Underpass is basically a completely different stage, and the bottom of Moray Towers on Splat Zones is also way different.

b) Not out of the weapons that launched with the update, but I imagine if you main aerospray you're more likely to like the Slosher than the Splatling.

c) To early to tell really, but based on Azure's lobby last night 2 Sloshers + Tentatek + Dual Squelcher looks to be super effective for splat zones, at least on warehouse.

thanks! i'm curious to see urchin, if only because i don't really think it needed any changes. happy to be proven wrong by an even better version, though

phanphare

Banned
alright finally picked up the game. Still trying to get used to the gyro controls. Are they the preferred method?

yeah but there are some really good players here who just use the sticks

I say stick (get used to puns) with it until it clicks, was definitely worth the time investment for me. took me about 3-4 hours for them to click. the accuracy is great but honestly that little extra bit of 1:1 interactivity is what does it. it makes the game really satisfying to play.

69wpm

Match 1

Enemy Team:

B+
B+
A+
B+

My Team

4 x B+

Match 2

Enemy Team

A
A-
B
B

My Team

4 x B

---

Sorry to keep complaining but this is getting on my nerves. I'm losing all my interest in this fucking game, as great it is. But that kind of matchmaking doesn't just happen occasionally, it's on all the time. Or at least for me it is.

I'm really trying to forget the rank but it would actually be nice to win every now and them. I've been losing today over 10 matches. One after another. Yes, it must be me. But whether I'm a bad player or not, that kind of matchmaking is a fact and it happens more often than not.

Ok, now I'll shut up.

It's not just you. I went down from A+ to A- today and I'm nearly B+ now. Losing nearly every freaking match.

Top Bottom