• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Robotguy

Popularity counts?
That sucks. Now we'll have people picking the side that they think is more popular to increase their chances of winning and things could end up more unbalanced.

fred

Us rockers beat the popsters. Good to see plenty of other people with good taste in music lol

And a team with all RG weapons will ALWAYS beat any other team with any different weapon setup at Turf War games. Those guns are mental for splatting paint about!

Popularity counts?
That sucks. Now we'll have people picking the side that they think is more popular to increase their chances of winning and things could end up more unbalanced.

Yeah, that's really unfortunate. I was under the impression that popularity was going to be irrelevant when it came to the final score. =/

NotLiquid

The Splatfest salt is unbelievable.

Marie supporters need to defend the inferior squid sister
DZBm9.png

Jachaos

I too would wish for winning rate only, but if that's not an option then at least have a 3x multiplier instead of 2x. That way team cat could've won if they'd gotten 54% of the wins and they would've well deserved it.

Briarios

Yeah, that's really ridiculous that one team had so many more participants, but the other side still won more battles --- yet lost because of the popular vote. Why even have matches then? They're pointless ... popularity will always choose the winner.

Jims

Finally, I can use Tenacity without having to wear that ugly Gas Mask. It's intimidating, it always looks weird with those T-shirts and tennis shoes and stuff. Thanks Spyke!

(Is it weird to want to spend your Sea Snails to just improve your overall fashion?)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not about to go trailblaze in a situation where the team isn't in a situation to make big inroads with one another. I'm also not talking about a meticulous "Always Be Coloring" either, just pick one or two paths in and coat them before headed back to support your team on or near the tower.

cdOSBNJ.png

Deadman

Finally, I can use Tenacity without having to wear that ugly Gas Mask. It's intimidating, it always looks weird with those T-shirts and tennis shoes and stuff. Thanks Spyke!

(Is it weird to want to spend your Sea Snails to just improve your overall fashion?)

Im about to do exactly the same.

Pineconn

So I just got 3x Special Charge Up on my Ninja Squid shirt... which isn't even the ability that has the 5x chance (Ink Saver Main I think). Keeper?

Geg

lol now I'm having much worse luck with randoms than I did yesterday. Team Cat truly did have more skilled players

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Considering you have no real influence over the result, they should give you snails based on your rank not - not whether you backed the 'right' team. Certainly shouldn't be double the amount.

(Spoken as a salty pop queen)

ViviOggi

Gas mask is the absolute worst

Wasted 5 of my 18 sea snails just getting abilities on my white glasses that weren't absolutely god awful (but still not good).I'll keep hold of the other 13 for the August update in case we get more clothing, not really feeling any of the current stuff which actually has useful abilities.

MouldyK

Considering you have no real influence over the result, they should give you snails based on your rank not - not whether you backed the 'right' team. Certainly shouldn't be double the amount.

(Spoken as a salty pop queen)

It ain't double for Eternal Rock people though.

They got 24, Eternal Poppers got 18...

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Played a roller named Deez Nuttz in ranked splatzones. He kraken'd and chased me into a corner on Urchin Underpass. I turned around and held his kraken back with my splatshoot Jr. justttt enough for him to turn squid and splat before reaching me.

He backed out of the next match.

So fresh.

Team Dog here, I think they should've kept separate rewards for backing the popular team or being part of the team with the better win percentage.

a) Snail rewards from titles is great. I would definitely want to see that again next Splatfest.

b) +2 snails for backing the most popular team and +2 snails for backing the team with the higher win percentage.

This way your personal participation matters a lot, and you can still get rewarded based on team effort.

Personally I had a lot of fun during Splatfest, but I did take breaks between long sessions. I didn't have serious connection issues till the end of Splatfest, when someone in the house turned on the microwave and that screwed with the connection. I did get into some 4v3 matches, which is unfortunate for cats, but I won some 3v4s, so I wont think it's all impossible. I will play in future Splatfests, but I would like to see some more variety, some changes to the way rewards are handed out, and some more support for in-universe brands, because that seems like something the in-game brands would do.

Geg

Keep in mind Japan already had two before NA and Europe even got their first one. There was only a 3 week gap between them. I dunno if that's how they plan to do it from now on but I can see one a month being fairly reasonable. They just need some good themes.

Still shocked at how big the voting difference between cats and dogs was lol

phanphare

Banned
almost 100% sure Japan got another one so soon because they had a lot of issues with their first one

I wouldn't base the time intervals on that

WonderPup

Can anyone recommend a solid headpiece for an Inkbrusher?

I currently wear the pink polo shirt, and I've ordered some red hi-tops.

Xeteh

Splatfest was pretty fun aside from the matches with really awful teammates but that wasn't the event's fault. Now I just need to decide what to use all these shells on.

Splatfest was pretty fun aside from the matches with really awful teammates but that wasn't the event's fault. Now I just need to decide what to use all these shells on.

Re-roll on clothes you have or adding slots to clothing you just like
Ah. The decisions Splatoon players need to make.

Azure J

Can anyone recommend a solid headpiece for an Inkbrusher?

I currently wear the pink polo shirt, and I've ordered some red hi-tops.

Tentatek Fake Contacts, FireFin Fish Fry Visor or FireFin Jungle Hat. The contacts give you Special Charge Up as a main ability with Ink Recovery Up as the highest potential sub. This is good for the ninja build with Pink Polo since it means all the time you spend cruising in your own ink, you get back any spent ink very quickly. The FF Visor is good too since it has the same main but gets Ink Saver Sub for its sub slots meaning that combined with good luck on your Pink Polo you could get three Main savers and three Sub savers to allow you to go HAM with your ABCs. (See above)

The Jungle Hat is the last suggestion I'd give you
but it's ugly in most colors
. Ink Saver Main as a main ability with high chances of Ink Saver Sub. Since Ink Savers stack though, you'd get the benefit of this plus however many Ink Saver Main sub abilities you might get on your pink polo.

Geg

like what? I didn't notice any issues for our splatfest
Worse connection issues than normal, matches starting with uneven numbers, etc

Popularity counts?

Yeah whenever there's a splatfest where I don't feel strongly either way or I love both things and can't choose I'll just wait it out and pick whichever seems more popular

Top Bottom