• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

SM239

I clearly remember splatting a player behind a Splash Walls he threw with my Inkzooka.

The splash wall takes like .5 seconds to actually activate. Also if you have the high ground you can direct the shot behind the wall. Though it could've just been lag.

That's because the inkzooka arcs, so if the person is too far behind the ink wall or they throw it too late and there's lag theyll get hit

As long as they stand right behind it it's fine

Pretty much that. Yeah.

DaBoss

There's this weird thing in Squid Jump where if you are just on the edge of the moving jellyfish platform and it goes to the edge of the screen, it will make you fall off. I've had it happen to me numerous times. I can understand why it happens, but still weird.
He got this against two people under level 4 and a level 7. Let's see him do this in a gaf room.
And one person disconnected on his team.

Geg

He is the deadliest Zap player I have encountered. I like that he uses Haunt. Such a rare ability. But at least it can be useful. Recon has to be the worst main ability in the game.

It's useful for super jumping, you can know if you're jumping to a safe place or not

RagnarokX

Then shouldn't the cat be holding the newspaper

Because in the original Truman was holding the newspaper

Yes, but I wanted to draw a goofy dog and create the impression that it's a pro-dog post for those not familiar with what it's parodying. I felt it was funnier this way.

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm salty I forgot about the map rotation and didn't get to Judd -__-

BREAKING NEWS!

Skatepark and Port for Splat Zones

Rig and Mall for Tower Control

edit: Gonna do some ranked for a bit. May get back on for GAF games later..

Robotguy

Oh, I really like the jet squelcher, it's a ton of fun

My current loadout with it is 2x main ink saver (sub) and 1x cold blooded. I tried run speed but it didn't increase strafing speed significantly, and swim speed seems meh because the jet squelcher loses everywhere except long range combat, lol

Ink wall so great, makes unwinnable fights winnable and camping easy
Yeah, from what I've played inksaver seems like a must for a Jet Squelcher build. One of the things I like about this set is that I can use splashwall to protect myself when I'm using inkstrike. Normally I feel like I need to go run and hide before I deploy one since you're so vulnerable.

BREAKING NEWS!

Two ranked modes? :p

IaN_GAF

Yo, this game is fantastic. I can't remember the last time I was this enthusiastic about a multiplayer thing. I dropped out of two matches due to connection issues, despite having some pretty sweet Internet access. Is it me, or a known "thing" with the game?

fred

All of them except the US Splatfest. We love Marie out here.

Only cos she shows her knickers when dancing around on stage you bunch of pervs. Erm...apparently...so I've been told...it's not as if I was checking them both out. With the zoom button. And the crosshairs turned off. Or anything.

*Hides box of tissues and wonders if he should MAYBE get out more*

:eek:/

Robotguy

Yo, this game is fantastic. I can't remember the last time I was this enthusiastic about a multiplayer thing. I dropped out of two matches due to connection issues, despite having some pretty sweet Internet access. Is it me, or a known "thing" with the game?
Yeah, that happens to everyone.

Geg

So has the EU splatfest ended yet? Who won?

Rock

x444k0o.jpg

massoluk

Banned

BREAKING NEWS!

We have two ranked modes now?

Ansatz

These developers are sneaky bastards. There is no way I can get a fashionable outfit with the desired abilities. I managed to get 6/9 subs I was looking for on every gear using my 24 snails and 300k cash. I should be glad for that tbh, no way you can RNG 9/9 subs without the proper brand but I hate having 2 + 2/3 swim speed up it's annoying!!

Ozium

splatoon isn't a skill based game, the splatfest proves this.. because skills don't mean shit. team cat beat team dog but still loses? because this is not a skill-based game and you got to award the casual busters instead of the real winners

no reason to play this anymore knowing that skill doesn't mean jack shit, might as well have bought art academy instead

Zemm

Clans in Mario Kart 8 is even less comprehensible.

MK8 is a more competitive game than Splatoon right now, until august at least, since it has the features it needs. Although neither are really going to take the esport/streaming scene by storm.

Grakl

splatoon isn't a skill based game, the splatfest proves this.. because skills don't mean shit. team cat beat team dog but still loses? because this is not a skill-based game and you got to award the casual busters instead of the real winners

no reason to play this anymore knowing that skill doesn't mean jack shit, might as well have bought art academy instead
Where's the /s though

J@hranimo

Banned

Hey what's Dragon The Game?
heh

I wouldn't blame the game itself not being "skilled based", but more so the stipulations for the Splatfest where they factor in the number for each team participating and the win percentage. Hell, at least they gave a x2 multiplier for win percentage!

atr0cious

Gotta source your quotes to these team cat salt mines.

I only know him because how he performs in GAF rooms, which is well

I'm surprised yall haven't seen Kevin before

I haven't been able to play as much the last week or so, he may have gotten prolific since then. Hopefully my schedule flattens so I can put in more time.

Totakeke

If anyone play against a guy called Abnormal, please kill him excessively for me. Dude spent the second half of the tower control match painting the enemy base when I spammed commands for him to come back to defend ours. How is this guy A-.

fred

Apart from the fact that the game is as addictive as crack cocaine lol.

Plenty of skill involved in Turf War, Splat Zones and Tower Control. If you really don't want to participate in the next Splatfest then don't play the next Splatfest...if you can go a whole 24 hours without playing the game lololol

Geg

If anyone play against a guy called Abnormal, please kill him excessively for me. Dude spent the second half of the tower control match painting the enemy base when I spammed commands for him to come back to defend ours. How is this guy A-.

This happened with a random rank A guy got put in my rank B room, he seemed to spend most of the time painting the ground around the middle of the skatepark instead of protecting the tower. Thankfully he wasn't on my team lol

Top Bottom