• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

ViviOggi

What's the general opinion on the Splash O Matic around here? I want to add a new gun to my arsenal (my current main gun is the tentatek splattershot and my back up is the splattershot pro).
It's currently my go-to weapon for Turf War, used it throughout the entire Splatfest too.

fred

@fred: yeah, the night maps with the glowing ink looked amazing. Kinda wish we'd had a few games with different ink colours but it was still cool.

Seriously Splatoon has the best graphical and sound design of any game I've played recently. There's probably stuff I don't consciously notice but it all comes together really well.

Team Pop. Don't listen to the lies of the Rockers, they all worship Bigfinzebub.

Funny enough, I had my letter O of ROCK being a Pentagram inside a circle in my Rock Miiverse post. Didn't see it displayed anywhere though lol

More to do with 2112, one of the best rock albums ever released having a 5 pointed star inside a circle on the front cover as a symbol of the Priests of Syrinx rather than it having any Satanic links. I just joined up the hexagon shape in the middle for a bit of a giggle lmfao.

If you've never heard Rush before and you like Rock or Progressive Rock music you'll be completely blown away. And once you realise that the titular song of the album (and all of their entire discography) can be played live by those same three band members pretty much perfectly. You seriously won't believe your ears.

All The World's A Stage is arguably the best live album they've ever done and one of the best ever Rock live albums ever released too so check that out if you like 2112.

Geddy Lee, the bassist and singer also sings, plays mental bass lines and the keyboards with his feet at the same time, which is mainly how they're able to play this stuff live with three musicians. It's bloomin mental lol

Mr-Joker

Banned
Rock won 170-140

I don't know how I feel about splatfests right now. They really need to tweak it. Like, a lot.

Also EU miiverse art really really sucks. There were only two good pictures in my plaza and one of them was mine :T

Aw man, my team lost. ;_;

I had fun buuuut I don't really understand Splatfests in the voting and the matches.

Hackworth

Also: anyone who thinks I'm serious needs to know that Coheed and Cambria are one of my favourite bands, I'm just joshing y'all.

Rush sounds really interesting though, I'll have to look them up.

fred

Also: anyone who thinks I'm serious needs to know that Coheed and Cambria are one of my favourite bands, I'm just joshing y'all.

Rush sounds really interesting though, I'll have to look them up.

You won't be disappointed as long as you stick to the earlier stuff. They went right downhill in the mid-80s when they went WAAAAAY too commercial and went from Rocky to Poppy, too many keyboards.

Rush
All The World's A Stage
A Farewell To Kings
Hemispheres
Caress Of Steel
Fly By Night
Exit Stage Left

Best albums they've done imo.

Crayolan

x444k0o.jpg

There it is

Lmao Team Pop sucks.

I redid the joke to be more historically accurate:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkPaDQiyQ
MlWA77wtlP8S17oZqO

You should save this joke for a when a less popular team wins.

Its impossible to avoid the Japanese. They play at all hours. Please, regional mode save me from the lag kills...

But we just had regional mode, and it was more laggy than ever.

Did they increase the time for stage rotation?
We haven't changed in like 3 hours.

Stage rotation is every 4 hours. There shouldn't be another one for 1 hour 33 minutes.

Gotta come back and say thank you to you guys! I'm doing quite well now after taking on all this advice and regularly getting top 2 at least, compared to last place every time earlier. I suppose it not being Splatfest has helped as well but these have been great and let me get to grips with the game a lot faster. Thanks again guys!

Cool! always glad to see someone having fun in the game :D

Man I tried using a roller last night and I just don't know how y'all do it! I'm gonna start trying some chargers out today.
Roller isn't really a head-on weapon. You get most kills by either ambushing from the ink, leap attacks from above or out-manoeuvring someone. On the normal roller half my kills come from going a small distance behind the enemy line then just rolling over their colour back towards our base until I inevitably end up running over whoever was putting the paint down,often with a friend or two as an added bonus XD
On Carbon it's pure back-stabbery and ambushing but the increased rolling speed makes it easier to get into key places for it. I often wipe out half the team on underpass at the start by waiting by the side of their entrance ramp until they stick their heads out and splashing them with death :3

WonderPup

But we just had regional mode, and it was more laggy than ever.

And I think that this is the crux of why all the Cat people are upset.

The way Splatfest unfolded went like this: From roughly 3:00 am to 3:00 pm, the Dog teams were obliterating Cat teams. It was incredibly lopsided. I'm not going to point fingers, but someone got upset about this fact (a Splatfest judge, I heard, who was partial to the Cats). Judd--err--this JUDGE, rigged it so that all the Dog players would experience lag, but the Cat players wouldn't.

But it didn't help. The Dog team (which was confirmed to be the "good guys" on every results screen) still prevailed, and all those lying, cheating Cat players are upset.

Get over it, guys and gals. Cheaters never win.

ryechu

they should change the overtime rules for tower control. If the losing team loses control or give enemy control for five seconds then its should be gg. Its silly because any super can switch the tower direction for a split second.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Getting destroyed on these current tower control levels. I might need to change my gear, having trouble getting into a impact as a splatshoot jr. player in the higher ranks (on these levels at least).

I'm seeing a lot of players using squid beacons as defense mechanisms on the tower. Pretty smart.

J@hranimo

Banned
Damn man, no matter how much I try I can never click with the Splattershot Pro. I'm trying to get accustomed to the rate of fire with how much it shoots but it's just not cutting it =/
I'll try it again in a couple weeks and maybe have more gear to build around that weapon. I know it's a great gun but idk how to be successful with it.

Jumping back in.

WonderPup

Getting destroyed on these current tower control levels. I might need to change my gear for tower control, having trouble getting into a impact as a splatshoot jr. player in the higher ranks (on these levels at least).

I'm seeing a lot of players using squid beacons as defense mechanisms on the tower. Pretty smart.

I find the basic Splat Roller works really, really well for Tower Control. One-shots from flinging ink; suction bombs; Killer Wail can be used both offensively and defensively.

Crayolan

Trying to get 3x special charge up, or at least 2x+a quick super jump or swim speed up.

Got 2x+a quick respawn. 5 rolls later, I got a quick respawn+2x special charge up.

Fuckin' spyke.

Geg

RANK UP B+ BITCHES

Two games on Saltspray Rig, one was over in less than a minute, I just rode on the tower and barely encountered any enemies, the second lasted around 4 minutes, the highlight was me taking out a bunch of people aiming at the tower in quick succession and getting two simultaneous booyahs from the guys on the tower.

Thanks to Skies for the idea to use beakons as a defensive wall on the tower, I'm not sure if it worked or not but I tried it out anyway

Saltspray rig just continues to be my favorite all around level, even if ranked modes continue to ignore the awesome spot way off to the side - so many ways to get around and plan your move.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I find the basic Splat Roller works really, really well for Tower Control. One-shots from flinging ink; suction bombs; Killer Wail can be used both offensively and defensively.

Yeah a lot of players are using that at A+. I thought it was odd, but that makes sense now that you listed the sub weapons. But I was talking more of a change in wear than weapon, though I am considering getting my roller up to par specifically for tower control. I have had success with the Jr. in tower control, it's just that levels provide for a particular challenge because they tend favor distance players.

So for you top meta players the goal with gear is to have 3 of the same second ability either on the same piece of clothing or across all 3 to get the equivialent of a main slot boost right?

I ask because my jungle hat I got super lucky and naturally got 3 sub weapon savers and wanted to make sure that keeping that set up was ideal.

Anything else I need to know about clothing/skills?

trixx

honestly eff the .52/.92 gal. How do you have that much range use that little ink and have 2 shot ko. Refuse to use it.

About to head back down to B rank :(

Top Bottom