• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Jintor

Yep, it's all about that first shot. That's what annoys me so much, you see what weapon he has and you know you are at a safe range, but then death from Inkzooka ensues.

Well, you can hear the special activation sound and see if their hair is aflame and if they're using one of the seven or so inkzooker weapons, but still

Grakl

I saw that same post
Get gud

As a stat benefit you actually move faster while charging. Not as quickly as squiffer, but still faster than the scoped variety.
Scope is best anyway

Also, after testing and confirming with other people I see no movespeed difference while charging either the Splatterscope or normal non scoped charger.

If there is any difference between normal splat charger and scoped then it's negligible. Scope is a straightup upgrade

Violet_0

Banned
feels like it's time for some new weapons and a new map. Been more than two weeks since Bluefin was added, and the last weapon update was 9 days ago. I wanna see the Range Blaster and that freaky charger

Azure J

feels like it's time for some new weapons and a new map. Been more than two weeks since Bluefin was added, and the last weapon update was 9 days ago. I wanna see the Range Blaster and that freaky charger

Nah breh. It's time for the Inkbrush Noveau and Camp Motherfucking Triggerfish.

Edit: I'm gonna be so sad if Triggerfish is a meh map. Love its look so much.

Nah breh. It's time for the Inkbrush Noveau and Camp Motherfucking Triggerfish.

Edit: I'm gonna be so sad if Triggerfish is a meh map. Love its look so much.
I'm curious to see how the octobrush feels. Also the other carbon roller setup looks way more my style than the current one :3

J@hranimo

Banned
I love Splattershot Pro for Splat Zones, not so much for Turf War or Tower Control. The ink consumption and severely reduced mobility while shooting kills it for me.

Yeah that's exactly it. Actually I've never really used it outside of Turf Wars. Next time there's Splat Zones I'll definitely try it out. I'm still determined to get gud with this weapon.

Also Padwarrior can you wear that shirt next time you're on? I do want to order it and try it out :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's Splatomatic for Turf Wars for me. The gun itself and the suction bomb specials are just a great way to cover as much area as possible. Suction special as well is a good thing to end on, as you can have multiple bombs going of after time is called. I can also score really highly with my Dynamo on most maps, but then I might have to actually pay attention.

Playing a charger - that is not a Squiffer - without a scope feels awful to me.

I used the scope charger for a while. Until basically every other charger I was coming across was an E-liter, that could out range and destroy me. I only play charger on Tower Control, as it's the one way I can use it effectively and have fun on a mode I otherwise loathe, but I always use E-liter now.

Doorman

Seems to me like Moray Towers would be the next one to come out, rather than Camp Triggerfish. It did just get the spotlight at the end of last week's livestream, after all, and they talked about it coming out soon.

Last week was about the reveal of Tower Control, and the first western Splatfests. I'd imagine both a new weapon (at least one) and the Towers to drop this week at some point.

?oe?oe

Intense Tower match earlier. The bad guys took the tower first down to 1 in one go... then we took it all the way to the finish in one go. Crazy.

Totakeke

The developers had no idea what they unleashed upon the world.

Sakaguchi: Er… That is also under investigation currently… We originally expected level 20 to require a nice amount of time to play.

Nogami: [The leveling up has been] so fast that it makes me worry about players’ daily life…

Also

ND: “The more character customization, the better” is the usual rule in online games. But you can only customize the eye and skin color of your Inkling.

Sakaguchi: Perhaps everyone has forgotten that Inklings are still unknown characters for people. Inklings are newcomers that just came out.

ND: Ah, that’s right (laughs).

Sakaguchi: I think it’s better to tightly narrow down “it’s this” when presenting a new character to everyone.

Nogami: If we suddenly had variation like three hairstyles with braid or bun, people wouldn’t consider them as the same thing [character]. Therefore we limited the customization to the minimum with skin and eye color.

Nintendo Dream followed up by asking if Splatfests will be taking place periodically from now on. Nogami said that “they are unscheduled currently”, though he’d “like to have one Splatfest in every three weeks or so in the beginning.” He added, “Also things like new weapons and maps are under investigation.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/splat...p-inkling-customization-and-more/#more-207886

Jintor

The splatoon dev start always talk about stuff being 'under investigation' cos of the whole Squid Research Lab thing

Grakl

It's Splatomatic for Turf Wars for me. The gun itself and the suction bomb specials are just a great way to cover as much area as possible. Suction special as well is a good thing to end on, as you can have multiple bombs going of after time is called. I can also score really highly with my Dynamo on most maps, but then I might have to actually pay attention.

I used the scope charger for a while. Until basically every other charger I was coming across was an E-liter, that could out range and destroy me. I only play charger on Tower Control, as it's the one way I can use it effectively and have fun on a mode I otherwise loathe, but I always use E-liter now.
Start playing more offensively and you'll have less issues against e-liters.

Xeteh

ND: “The more character customization, the better” is the usual rule in online games. But you can only customize the eye and skin color of your Inkling.

Sakaguchi: Perhaps everyone has forgotten that Inklings are still unknown characters for people. Inklings are newcomers that just came out.

ND: Ah, that’s right (laughs).

Sakaguchi: I think it’s better to tightly narrow down “it’s this” when presenting a new character to everyone.

Nogami: If we suddenly had variation like three hairstyles with braid or bun, people wouldn’t consider them as the same thing [character]. Therefore we limited the customization to the minimum with skin and eye color.

That makes nearly zero sense.

Custom e liter scope sounds dangerously awesome and carbon roller with seeker brings a whole new meaning To Base storming

For some reason, I find myself walking into bombs and mines. Maybe something draws me to them....

It has got to be the hypnotic sound they make. Splat Bombs have that pitch buildup and mines just make that "do-do" sound that makes you go "huh?" right before you get splatted.

I actually had a Splatfest teammate block me from escaping a Splat Bomb. Needless to say, I got mad when I got splatted from it and he didn't. Then there are the Suction Bombs. Their OHKO range is incredibly deceptive. =/

I've used bombs so much that I hardly have any practice with the other subs. Same thing for the specials. I tried using the Custom Blaster during Splatfest, but there were times where it would've been nice to know how to panic Bubble. =P I did get several 1x/y games, but still.

E-Liter?

Jintor

CJNJyA8UcAA5CGY.jpg

Crayolan

Played Bluefin Depot splat zones for the first time today and I'm really mixed about it. On one hand, the whole asymmetric zone thing is cool, and having lots of room to flank is great. Plus I love the obstruction in the center of the zone, it allows me to do a lot of fake outs and catch people off guard.

On the other hand, the zone is really fucking hard to capture. You'd think you can just approach from the side, but because both teams can get to the side just as easily the defending team can just have a guy camp there making it near impossible to approach unless you outrange the camper. If a sniper is at the side and they cap, that's pretty much game over unless your team has a sniper. Obviously it's not impossible to take it back, but it's bad enough that in my experience, every single time a team has capped they were able to keep it for 40 seconds, minimum.

It's a shame this map doesn't have 2 zones, because that would have probably fixed most of the issues here.

That makes nearly zero sense.

They wanted the inklings to have an iconic, easily recognizable design, so they didn't allow players to alter the character design too much. Makes sense to me.

Ansatz

As someone who gets their highest scores with the .96, the ink coverage is actually pretty decent if you know how to use it, and with smart sprinkler usage it becomes good at it.

Some people just don't get it, they keep covering the areas around my sprinkler got damnit. The fuckers probably want to get their special charged but it ruins my stats!

Also at some point you will run out of space to ink and in the end be forced into duels, that's when the .96 shines. Get the kill, and ink over their turf.

ryechu

ok. my wifi apparently doesnt reach the basement now or somthing. my wii u which has run fine for 200 hours today starts dcing due to poor signal.

Vecks

GGs robotguy and ryechu and anyone else in that room. Those burst bombs and blasters were terrifying. I was getting bounced to death by all the knock back.

Jintor

Played Bluefin Depot splat zones for the first time today and I'm really mixed about it. On one hand, the whole asymmetric zone thing is cool, and having lots of room to flank is great. Plus I love the obstruction in the center of the zone, it allows me to do a lot of fake outs and catch people off guard.

On the other hand, the zone is really fucking hard to capture. You'd think you can just approach from the side, but because both teams can get to the side just as easily the defending team can just have a guy camp there making it near impossible to approach unless you outrange the camper. If a sniper is at the side and they cap, that's pretty much game over unless your team has a sniper. Obviously it's not impossible to take it back, but it's bad enough that in my experience, every single time a team has capped they were able to keep it for 40 seconds, minimum.

It's a shame this map doesn't have 2 zones, because that would have probably fixed most of the issues here.

This is how I thought for a while, but I've really come around on how it is. A two-zone map doesn't have enough zone entrances imho, but the way it is now allows in my opinion for more interesting strategies.

RagnarokX

watching this Gamexplain Splatfest video:

Derrick: "Oh yeah, I have this rapid blaster weapon I wanted to try out!"
::equips rapid blaster::
::match starts::
"Oh, I did know this was a blaster type..."

watching this Gamexplain Splatfest video:

Derrick: "Oh yeah, I have this rapid blaster weapon I wanted to try out!"
::equips rapid blaster::
::match starts::
"Oh, I did know this was a blaster type..."

lol, yeah. I giggled at that :3
I'm kinda surprised how often Derrick stands stock still or doesn't notice people approaching, but people's general lack of situational awareness has never been something I've ever been able to get used to :eek:
That's not really a knock on derrick as I've seen a good number of players who do similar, it just seems to be something I forget people do fairly often.

Jintor

i've resigned myself to basically never playing those weapons. I'm no good with them now and my Splat/Dissolve ratio and rank mean I'll only get matched up against monsters at this point

Azure J

i've resigned myself to basically never playing those weapons. I'm no good with them now and my Splat/Dissolve ratio and rank mean I'll only get matched up against monsters at this point

I want to have one shooter and one charger to compliment my roller (Brush) and I've been cycling through a lot to get there. Currently, I'm thinking:

Shooter: Splat-o-Matic/.52 Gal Deco
Roller: Inkbrush/Inkbrush Noveau
Charger: Splatterscope

Jintor

I generally run all forms of mid-rangers (I'm partial to the Tentatek but I can enjoy the Dual Squelcher or Jet Squelcher, I'm less skilled at the various .Gals but I'm okay with them), the entire Short-Range family though I've begun to find I prefer the min range of the Tentatek over, usually the Space Blaster, and usually either the Inkbrush, Carbon Roller or Squid Roller. Everything else I'll try except chargers - the playstyle is just too foreign to me and my twitch aim isn't good enough to compete.

Top Bottom