• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Hmmm not really feeling the Sploosh-o-Matic here, lower range than Splash-o-Matic and has the same sub and special as the Custom Dual Squelcher. Does anyone know if the Sploosh does more damage? What exactly is its advantage over the Splash?

.96 Gal Deco will be hilarious though, I'll give that a spin when I play later.

Hmmm not really feeling the Sploosh-o-Matic here, lower range than Splash-o-Matic and has the same sub and special as the Custom Dual Squelcher. Does anyone know if the Sploosh does more damage? What exactly is its advantage over the Splash?

.96 Gal Deco will be hilarious though, I'll give that a spin when I play later.
I'm guessing Sploosh will have an even higher fire rate and power and the same good accuracy as the Splash but with virtually no range and bad at painting the ground.

So it's all about flanking and getting in people's faces. That's my guess

Totakeke

I'm guessing Sploosh will have an even higher fire rate and power and the same good accuracy as the Splash but with virtually no range and bad at painting the ground.

So it's all about flanking and getting in people's faces. That's my guess

There's already a video of it out from the datamine. It's anything but "accurate".

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Got to A+ 99! Yay! Blurry phone pics:

r59lXyf.jpg

F6XEDQ3.jpg

Kinda scared to play more and tarnish my score lol. Time to try some new weapons. :)

Violet_0

Banned
> hides in a really exposed spot near the enemy spawn
> team mate decides to superjump to you, opponents begin to swarm around the marker
> sighs, activates kraken, scores triple kill and saves stupid team mate

Ran into the most peculiar (and frustrating) Japanese player earlier. He was stacking run speed up gear in almost every main and sub slot, and what he did was hide back, spam disruptors and then charge in with the Custom Jr, running and bunny hopping like a madman in such a way that it was hard as hell to hit him.

I'm pretty certain it wouldn't be an issue to deal with him using longer range weapons, but with the Inkbrush I couldn't touch him if the disruptor hit me.

Robotguy

Ran into the most peculiar (and frustrating) Japanese player earlier. He was stacking run speed up gear in almost every main and sub slot, and what he did was hide back, spam disruptors and then charge in with the Custom Jr, running and bunny hopping like a madman in such a way that it was hard as hell to hit him.

I'm pretty certain it wouldn't be an issue to deal with him using longer range weapons, but with the Inkbrush I couldn't touch him if the disruptor hit me.
Man, the disruptor movement nerfs are brutal. Getting hit by one is so frustrating, must be terrible as a brush.

I noticed last night that disruptor movement nerfs don't seem to apply to Kraken, so you can regain mobility by switching to Kraken while disrupted. Does anyone know if you can do the same with other specials? I wouldn't really expect them to, but it would be good to know if they do.

Xeteh

Does anyone have the link to that Squidboards thread where it breaks down how much each main/sub ability gives and if it is diminishing?

phanphare

Banned
I had no idea about the screen grab option. Where do you access it?

press the home button and go to the internet browser. from there go to an image uploading site (I use abload.de; it's in german but it's easy enough to understand) and upload it.

NeoRausch

I had no idea about the screen grab option. Where do you access it?

-Get to the scene you want (doesn't work in any actual online mode)
-press the "home"-button
-select the browser
-go here: https://i.nintendo.net (bookmark it for later!)
-select a social network of your likes
-upload it there
-copy paste it or upload it to any picture host.
-post here

I love the .96 but the deco seems... way less useful. It cuts its inking power down massively without the sprinkler, and I've never really gotten the hang of splash walls.

I'm bummed because I was hoping it would come with suction bombs or something.

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
press the home button and go to the internet browser. from there go to an image uploading site (I use abload.de; it's in german but it's easy enough to understand) and upload it.

-press the "home"-button
-select the browser
-upload it there
-post here

Thanks. here's the result:

I'll just link it because it's pretty big.

NeoRausch

Thanks. here's the result:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bqpfg.jpg

What a nice clear picture!

;)
Always happy to help!

Edit:
BTW: you can just put quoting marks around the picture link to get it to the right size and if people click on it it will be full screen.
Just as you see in my post now.

Zing

Banned

I do this exact thing with the nozzle nose. :D

Minus the jumping. With the triple run speed, jumping is actually slower than just running.

Speaking of run, does run speed help inkbrush at all?

-press the "home"-button
-select the browser
-upload it there
-post here

For better quality, you could also upload the picture into abload.de from the browser.

Edit: Oops, this was already said!

NeoRausch

For better quality, you could also upload the picture into abload.de from the browser.

Edit: Oops, this was already said!
You know what....
While i am being a smart ass...I didn't even know that you could upload it directly. And I am an abload user.
Thank you both for that info. Hassle saved!

Edit2:
I just use imgur for my uploads. Is the german site better or faster?

Isn't imgur quite unreliable these days? But if it works for you, go for it!

phanphare

Banned
I just use imgur for my uploads. Is the german site better or faster?

I read on here (GAF in general, not the Splatoon OT) that abload compresses images the least out of all the usual suspects

not sure if that's true or not but I just stuck with it

DaBoss

I stopped using abload for a while because there was something wrong with it and caching images and it annoyed me, but it seems to be fixed now, so that's good.

imgur doesn't compress images under 2MB, but I think it has to be uploaded from a PC to do that.

You can upload to Tumblr using the Image Sharing thing and it doesn't compress images.

Zing

Banned
Anyone know what the one-star ink resistance shoes are called?

I'm debating re-rolling my red shoes, or just starting over with the one stars.

RedFyn

Ultimately either one works fine. You really don't need to worry about compression. Leave that to the screenshot threads.

Green sea slugs

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Red shoes look better with more setups which please my fashion sense (Blue Moto Boots look even better and the Walk Speed up I enjoy with Dynamo). Red shoes are kraken brand, so you'll have good odds of swim speed up. Green shoes are Tentatek, so Ink Recovery up is favoured for rolls.

Zing

Banned
Red shoes look better with more setups which please my fashion sense (Blue Moto Boots look even better and the Walk Speed up I enjoy with Dynamo). Red shoes are kraken brand, so you'll have good odds of swim speed up. Green shoes are Tentatek, so Ink Recovery up is favoured for rolls.
Thanks for the detailed info. I have decided to switch swim speed for run speed, so maybe I could switch to moto boots, but I hate how they look.

I'm focusing on the brush right now and having a blast slapping fools in ranked. Swim speed isn't needed since the brush is faster for running away. Run speed might go better with ink resist. I found that ink resist is very helpful since the brush inks in front of you, not at your feet. So if I am trying to escape, some ink at my feet is often the end of me.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thanks for the detailed info. I have decided to switch swim speed for run speed, so maybe I could switch to moto boots, but I hate how they look.

I'm focusing on the brush right now and having a blast slapping fools in ranked. Swim speed isn't needed since the brush is faster for running away. Run speed might go better with ink resist. I found that ink resist is very helpful since the brush inks in front of you, not at your feet. So if I am trying to escape, some ink at my feet is often the end of me.

Resist is really good for me too and should probably be the default foot wear unless there is something very specific people need. I'm often in, or around enemy Ink. And I need to be able to jump splash with the Dynamo to be effective. The fact that the boots give me a bit of movement speed up for the Dynamo too helps a lot.

The other shoes I sometimes switch to are Bomb Sniffer. It is really handy to be able to see someone throwing their sunction bombs, knowing where a mine is, seeing a seeker that's coming down a long hallway you were just about to step into. Really, Bomb Sniffer has saved my life probably more than any other ability. Of course you may end up fighting a team where it's of very little use, whereas Ink Resist will almost always come in handy.

Azure J

I love the .96 but the deco seems... way less useful. It cuts its inking power down massively without the sprinkler, and I've never really gotten the hang of splash walls.

I'm bummed because I was hoping it would come with suction bombs or something.

Suction Bombs/Inkstrike or Seeker/Bubbler (I hate that GAF got me thinking of this one's potential) would have made it my go-to shooter weapon.

Top Bottom