• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
LMAO Ryechu

Playing with Goya, Nico and Ryechu. We're playing Rainmaker on Saltspray Rig, match is getting to close but we have a 8 point lead. Ryechu is like "fuck this I'll take the Rainmaker to the top of the map." We won.

Zing

Banned
Playing with Goya, Nico and Ryechu. We're playing Rainmaker on Saltspray Rig, match is getting to close but we have a 8 point lead. Ryechu is like "fuck this I'll take the Rainmaker to the top of the map." We won.
Every match is ending up this way for me. You absolutely MUST get the lead on that stage.

Is anyone having the issue where Splatoon disconnects, gives you "You do not have an internet connection" despite having internet, and then saying "Unable to find wireless connection" when you go back into the lobby, until you restart the Wii U?

Edit: FINALLY, after constant disconnects in every non private lobby this whole week so far, I finally get 1 game finished.

Gsnap

Yeah, saltspray needs an update to block off the upper area.

That said, my friend and I did do quite well there tonight in double squads. People charge the rainmaker too much in the beginning. Makes it really easy to have one person ink up the lower area, one person go up the catwalks and kill the other team after they get the rainmaker. Then it's basically a straight shot to the goal.

idk prolly gonna get a lot of hate for recommending this but this is what i ended up doing because it felt most comfortable and i ended up leveling up extremely fast

-spend some time with single player. the first few zones are basically a tutorial for this game. they'll teach you how to get a lot of the basics down.

-once you go online i started off using rollers. in the beginning you're gonna be doing regular battles and they're pretty damn good at spreading paint regardless of how shitty you are

-once i kinda got down the basics and knew the maps, i switched to aerospray. i cant really imagine using anything else in regular battles if your goal is level up and get money. literally 90% of the time i finish in first place in regular battles with the aerospray rg. its ability to spread paint is insane

-then move onto ranked. ranked is punishing if you suck and lose often. i wouldnt fuck with ranked until you're decent

i just found this to be a great way for me personally to level up very quick. but at the end of the day its a fucking video game so do whatever and use whatever you find fun

Nothing bad about that strategy. Most of the Aerospray hate we talk about are just jokes. But yeah, that's a solid strategy overall. One thing I have to point out is that you don't have access to the roller when starting the game for the first time. You gotta level up to level 3. The Aerospray is unlocked at level 13 AND you have to get the sunken scroll from one of the bosses of singleplayer mode.

For the fastest level ups, use the Aerospray, Splattershot Jr, or the Inkbrush. These are generally the higher scoring weapons. Still, don't limit yourself to only those weapons all of the time. There are a lot of weapons to choose from in this game.

Sometimes there are days when, rather than playing sniper to control areas, you just want to ninja around and splat people square in their faces. Today is one of those days.

As I play with the Splattershot Pro and its long range, lol.

Sometimes there are days when, rather than playing sniper to control areas, you just want to ninja around and splat people square in their faces. Today is one of those days.

just don't be like me and miss an easy splat cause lol roller.

Get the Rainmaker to 25 in the opening.

Hold them back until they push it to 5 with 1:30 left to go.

Overtime, we all push in at once. We kill three of their team at once. There is a straight shot to the goal. We've totally won.

GAME!

What

Realize that ball holder decided to hang back at tge 25 point for no reason and shoot blasts for way too long and the last member of their team just walked right up to them.

Results come in and you realize that they gave their team the only A+ and yours the only two A-s.

Nico_D

Do Blasters actually require any kind of aiming? It feels like they just point the damn thing to right way and jump.

Geg

ggs thanks for joining, though you were the one getting splatted when I ran into you :D

Crisium

Do Blasters actually require any kind of aiming? It feels like they just point the damn thing to right way and jump.

That's Rollers that don't need aiming, Nico. :p

Unless you are at the optimal max impact range, you need to hit directly to do any damage.

Nico_D

Yeah, thanks to Kas, Goya and Ryechu. Win/lose ratio was very constant.

But I do hate Blasters. My problem seems to be after switching to .96 that I go to the range of a Splattershot and get killed. Damn I'm simple.

Nico_D

They still need to judge their distance if they're going for blast area kills.

They get close so easy just by jumping around. And I. Can't. Hit. Them.

Sometimes I remember back up though but they raise my blood pressure so quickly and that's when the flow to my brains stops.

Sometimes I remember back up though but they raise my blood pressure so quickly and that's when the flow to my brains stops.

Try inking the area under them or go against Heng and his Blaster for practice.

Nico_D

It does take a bit of aiming. I'd say pick one up if you think it's easy, it may get you a new rank.

Yeah. Maybe this is the "every weapon they got is OP" effect.

Maybe it would suit me since my aim seems to be shit once again.

The only thing I get pissed off atm, is this bad connection I have, other than that, better for the weapon to be OP than it to be useless.

Hell, I complained about the Tentatek Splattershot since every loss in rank had at least 1 enemy using it, then I fell into peer pressure, and now it's one of my mains for ranked.

Try inking the area under them
Why didn't I think of doing that before?

Vecks

GGs in randoms Vecks, you caught me pretending to be a charger tonight lol. One of these days I might be halfway decent with it. Quitting early tonight, I'm exhausted and need sleep.

GGs. Aside from showing off a bit too much laser sight (which is scary in its own way), you were doing really good. I couldn't get close at all whenever it was bluefin.

Time to quit for tonight, or the rest of the week for that matter. When the game kicks you out of every other match, or struggle to get 50 xp after 4 hours, time to stop.

Omzz

Why do people still not realise they left the gaps in the top area of Port Mackerel...

I always see 2 rollers go in separate paths and think oh they got that area so I go straight ahead. Timer stops and they show the map and they never even went over it

kagamin

Ranked with friends (squads) is really nice, it's easier to coordinate and was definitely a good introduction for me to ranked mode.

Azure J

Tonight's impromptu Turf War room, Hide & Seek and general stream shenanigans were great guys. :)

See everyone later for Flounder hype!

Holy crap that was intense.

Also, I definitely felt vindicated for that jump shot highlight I was on the receiving end of a few times beating you to the draw during the Charger-pocalypse. :p

The one thing I hate about Rainmaker in Saltspray, is that the anybody can camp the rainmaker in the back part of the map for some time. It gets really annoying when it happens constantly.

Top Bottom