• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Robotguy

This video is probably from whatever press event happened that let them try out the new update before August 3rd and Rainmaker. We knew that Flounder Heights was one of the maps they were able to try back then.

Are there bird's eye views of every map available? I would like to have images like that.

It would be nice to have some clean pics of the actual map and not just the mini-map or the ones with writing like from the Prima Guide.
There are birds eye views of some of the maps here: http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Stage
Haven't seen anywhere with all the maps though.

I was hoping for the data-miners would've taken some overhead pics.
My understanding is what these pics are is the level geometry data and texture maps taken from the game and loaded them in blender or some such 3d modeling program.

I have no idea how long it takes (if it has to to be done by hand for each stage or if it is make one, make all) but you could always try politely asking Dr. LilRobot on twitter or something. The worst they'll do is say no (well actually the worse they can do is ignore you then block you...).

Sun Visor finished.

Ink Recovery Up
Ink Recovery Up
Ink... Saver Main

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Redrpp1.jpg

I got this on mine lol

God DAMN! I just had the best possible lunchtime round of splatoon possible; The other team immediately took control, there's a big fight at the center of Arrowana Mall, but the dude with the Rainmaker snaeaks by basically unnoticed and I start chasing him all the way back to our base. I have my Killer Wail charged and he's crossed the choke point as I whip it out. He goes splat and I enter the area to find thr rainmaker floating on top of the goalpoint and 2 (mystery measurement) left. At this point everyone else has caught on to what went down and our team immediately takes control and brings the Rainmaker within 5 fairly quick before they start laying down some quality defense. There's a good struggle here and occasionally they almost bring the Rainmaker to the center point, but we had myself and at least 1 other squid laying down beacons. Still their defense was good, and getting past the choke point was no easy task, but we managed a good push and we're able to bust through. I fire a Killer Wail, surrounded by enemy ink and the splatter of my fallen squad and manage to get a hold of the Rainmaker and squeek out a knockout as rapid fire shots are hitting my back and around 30 seconds left (... I think).

Never has a multiplayer game been as satisfying as Splatoon has been for me.

I swear to God, there needs to be an option that if the person holding the Rainmaker does not make any kind of forward movement in over 15 seconds, their team can collectively kill that person and give the rainmaker to someone who will fucking move.

I swear to God, there needs to be an option that if the person holding the Rainmaker does not make any kind of forward movement in over 15 seconds, their team can collectively kill that person and give the rainmaker to someone who will fucking move.

He was waiting for you to make a path! Not that path! A better one!

Why can't Twitch be more considerate of users that aren't at home and need to use mobile data? ;_;
IIRC, only twitch partners get to have quality controls on streams. I think the attitude Twitch has is we're not re-encoding the video unless you're bringing us money (hint: video ads don't) which I suppose is fair for a free service.

Splatoon with friendly fire would be something else. It would hopefully put an end to team mates blocking a chargers line of sight.

Though it would make rollers even more of a nightmare as they end up running over swimming team mates.

Robotguy

IIRC, only twitch partners get to have quality controls on streams. I think the attitude Twitch has is we're not re-encoding the video unless you're bringing us money (hint: video ads don't) which I suppose is fair for a free service.

Splatoon with friendly fire would be something else. It would hopefully put an end to team mates blocking a chargers line of sight.

Though it would make rollers even more of a nightmare as they end up running over swimming team mates.
Nah, the blockers would just get mad at the chargers when they get shot.

DaBoss

you can get transcoding on Twitch without being partnered if you get a good amount of viewers. Somewhere around 50-100 depending on the traffic load on Twitch.

Gsnap

Friendly fire in splatoon would be funny but it wouldn't make any sense. It's your own color ink. It hurts you and heals you?

Ey, thanks for the two squad matches Jeff, James and Doc. Unfortunately it was late for me. It felt like we could have won any game though. Maybe some more another time.

ChrisD

Is Urchin Underpass still a stomp or be stomped in Splat Zones, or is it just me?

Edit: First unstable connection in a long while. In a close game. =\

Friendly fire in splatoon would be funny but it wouldn't make any sense. It's your own color ink. It hurts you and heals you?
They could make it make sense by having the ink you fire be a different colour that changes to yours when it hits the ground. Still, it would also make the starts of a match a complete and utter mess plus you know in joining friends if someone was on the opposite side they would just be a mole and grief that team.

Private match option pls

Jintor

You know the birds you see sometimes on the map if the ground isn't inked and they get spoooked and fly away?

They're flying fish

ChrisD

You know the birds you see sometimes on the map if the ground isn't inked and they get spoooked and fly away?

They're flying fish

You serious? I never noticed, I just heard the chirp and figured bird haha.

Also FRIKKIN WHAT, randomed against a full team of Chargers that ran the gamut! Four different kinds on one team, all snipers. Thankfully it was on Underpass and not Towers.

atr0cious

It seems like no matter when I play, Kas always shows up the second round. I even made a joke to myself about him not being there, until he booyeah‘d at the start of the round lol. Great games as always, Kas, gonna grab some water but I'm gonna play a bit more. Then take a break before map change.

ChrisD

holy shit, I need that gear right now. uses my usual swim speed up main + trip subs + ink resistance up and adds a shitton of run speed ups

that's like my ideal heavy splatling set up

::faints::

The best part?
Cuttlegear doesn't even have a preferred

Top Bottom