• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

ChrisD

oh damn lol

that's actually the worst part for me, I was really excited to try and get that set up I've got all the gear

So was I, then I looked up the brands and dropped any hopes or dreams I ever had of obtaining the thing.

More meant that it's the best thing in his case lol.

Edit: S61 to S31. One D/C, one Japanese Dynamo, one team full of snipers on Moray... one after the other. Think I'm done for this rotation. Or the night. ;-;

Saro

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01abonb.jpg

When you get close enough to the bottom of your rank that you start getting rooms mostly full of lower ranked people, and they just stare at the goddamned Splat Zone for the entire match and make no attempt to fill it in.

5th match in a row where the other team has been completely higher rank than us because lol what's matchmaking, and teammates will actively run away from the splat zone while the timer has almost run out. Blaster straight up shooting 90 degrees away from me, instant kill because lol lag

KeigoNiwa

I recon in Flounder Heights, and the first thing I notice is the Cicada sound effects from Animal Crossing. I love hidden stuff like that :)

SM239

GGs Kas. That one game on walleye though might as well have been a 2v4 with those two teammates we had. Still at least we got to their base. lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GGs Kas. That one game on walleye though might as well have been a 2v4 with those two teammates we had. Still at least we got to their base. lol

GGs. I was messing around with the OctoBrush. I was just trying to run past you that last game on Saltspray to get to the top of the map and get my Kraken and plant some beacons lol

Flounder Heights seems massive so far. Probably get smaller as you get to know the map more.

New Splatoon rule: if you pick a charger on Rainmaker you're banned from MP for a week.

edit: after 8 straight games of unbalanced ranks, the game finally succeeded in its goal kicking me back to B+. Good job Splatoon, I couldn't have done it without you, Dynamo Rollers teleporting into my face and flicking around corners, and all my teammates who don't know what Rainmaker is but by God they'll try to play anyway

Jims

I love the vertical pathways to Flounder Heights. Instead of going up the ramps, I just started making a beeline for the middle hallways, to start painting those vertical entry roads. Really caught the enemy by surprise on a couple of 'em. Having quick access up and down seems really important.

Saro

Congrats. How frustrating was it?

Sorry for the late response, I went to eat after posting.

It was really frustrating getting here. I was really close ~4 days ago at 89 points but then dropped to about 30~50. Even today was rough I was at 20 points due to unbelievable rainmaker shenanigans and terrible coordination then splatzones came in and I marathoned it. I think the worst part of this grind is point system changing when you hit 80 points. The thought of and actually losing hits much harder when its -6 and winning is only +3.

Edit:

S+ 99 is for another day or week, or month.
This alone was draining so with all my cash and stuff I'll be playing more turf war, squads, and private battles to relax.

Geg

First impressions of the new map are good. A lot of the tall walls are easy to paint paths up with the dual squelcher. A team of all short range weapons will be at a serious disadvantage here

But Rainmaker is amazing for a charger player!

I have literally only seen a single good charger player in Rainmaker. The rest just stand far far away from wherever the Rainmaker is and badly go for kills, or take potshots at the shield and end up wasting a slot that could go to someone who can go for the Rainmaker or protect the holder while they're maneuvering through passages.

ChrisD

First impressions of the new map are good. A lot of the tall walls are easy to paint paths up with the dual squelcher. A team of all short range weapons will be at a serious disadvantage here

I'm going to pull out the Dual Squelcher as well when it's in Rotation. Blaster can corner kill, but it doesn't matter when there's so much verticality.

I have literally only seen a single good charger player in Rainmaker. The rest just stand far far away from wherever the Rainmaker is and badly go for kills, or take potshots at the shield and end up wasting a slot that could go to someone who can go for the Rainmaker or protect the holder while they're maneuvering through passages.

So it's like Chargers in every mode then. They're really bad, unless they're good. There is no in-between.

Gsnap

I love the new map! It's so intricate. So many levels. And the grating found on most walls adds a lot to it.

Splat Zones is very fun on the new map. It's a two zone map, but unlike other two zone maps, both are equally available to each team. It seems at first that the left one is your team's, but there's so many ways to get in that it really isn't the case.

So many flanking and anti-flanking opportunities. You've really got to stay on your toes and never go the same way twice. Also jumping over the gap as a kraken. mmmmwuah! beautiful.

Rainmaker is great too. So many ways to advance and alternate routes to take. And since it's mostly flat walls, the rainmaker can actually put significant ink down. Usually the path it makes isn't really all that great. But rainmaker is a great mode on almost every map, so that may not be saying much.

Tower Control is still the bane of my existence, so I won't even bother commenting on that.

So it's like Chargers in every mode then. They're really bad, unless they're good. There is no in-between.

It's true. Not a rainmaker exclusive issue.

Gsnap

I tried Rainmaker. Straight back to C+. I just give up on Ranked.

Get hooked up with a gaf squad! Or get into a gaf private match to train. Just get hooked up with gaf players regardless of the mode. You will get better doing that. I was in B rank forever until I started playing with everyone more.

It's true. Not a rainmaker exclusive issue.

Oh I know it's a thing across all modes, but Rainmaker is so demanding communication/teamwork wise that it's ten times more than usual.

Like, I can accept some dude barely ever managing to hit the people standing on a goddamn slow tower, or facing the other way while inking a Splat Zone (I have seen this. The other guy was stationary. They still missed) because we can all make up for this. But when the shit is hitting the fan and the Rainmaker is in play, it is way more infuriating when Mr. Splatterscope is only managing to kill guys right after they've killed everyone actually down in the shit, and then gets killed by a Blaster two seconds later.

ChrisD

I should really get into a GAF lobby/squad at some point. I worried in the beginning that I was a lot worse than I am. Didn't want to drag anyone down. (Or get crushed.)

Not to say I'm great, but I definitely think I could carry my weight.

Edit: Rainmaker definitely brings out the dumb in people more than other modes, I'll give you that. But my experience with Chargers is just bad all around. I've seen equally poor play in all modes. I think it's just that you (plural you) get more caught up in RM than the others -- It really is like American Football in that last regard.

Violet_0

Banned

well, chargers don't have to stand close to get kills :p
what exactly makes chargers inherently less useful than other weapons? They have range, they get kills, they can protect the carrier from a distance and they can carry the rainmaker just as well as any other weapon user. They are also the best at stopping the enemy rainmaker carrier

well, chargers don't have to stand close to get kills :p
what exactly makes chargers inherently less useful than other weapons? They have range, they get kills, they can protect the carrier from a distance and they can carry the rainmaker just as well as any other weapon user. They are also the best at stopping the enemy rainmaker carrier

Give me yours then because mine just stand there and miss and die.

Top Bottom