• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

TI82

Banned
Everything else is an opinion and you know whatever but this flat out wrong - if you don't enjoy motion controls turn them off but in no way are they garbage. I'm sure there is a lot of good players that got to S+ without motion controls. Personally I cannot even imagine how people play without gyro.

I dunno man I seem to be doing fine. When I turned on the game and it went to the tutorial I tried them and was like "fuck this" and was pretty close to turning the game off. But then I remembered reviewers saying you could turn them off and the game plays great without them.

I'll see how I feel when I get to the rank mode though, but so far I've been consistently #1 in the team and win a lot lol.

Crayolan

Not sure if I just got lucky but the player skill level also seems really low, for a literally brand new player to be consistently scoring #1 on winning team/in whole game is just... not good lol.

The game has behind the scenes matchmaking. New players are matched up with the worst of the worst and over time you get placed with people closer to your skill level and playstyle.

If you want to play with actually skilled people though, you either gotta play with gaf/online spatoon communities or work your way up to the high ranks in ranked mode, which can be tough at first because at the lower ranks you'll always be getting dragged down by shitty teammates.

DaBoss

The game has hidden matchmaking, so it tries to pair you up with players in a similar skill level. It tries to make players feel good by placing them in rooms they will likely get high scores.

Getting first in Turf War is very simple and doesn't really reflect in your skill. You want to get a good amount of turf covered and get a lot of kills. A low scoring game is when you did really well in Turf War, as weird as that sounds.

Robotguy

Too be fair to team Azure, team NTSC has played together a fair bit in/ in preparation for Ink or Sink, and we were using voice chat.

That Imperious hype though.

TI82

Banned
The game has behind the scenes matchmaking. New players are matched up with the worst of the worst and over time you get placed with people closer to your skill level and playstyle.

If you want to play with actually skilled people though, you either gotta play with gaf/online spatoon communities or work your way up to the high ranks in ranked mode, which can be tough at first because at the lower ranks you'll always be getting dragged down by shitty teammates.

That's what I figured. Still felt nice to get 1000+ when everyone else was in the lower 500s lol. But cool, I'm glad the game isn't full of players that poor.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ugggggh I'm so bad at this game. Sorry for dragging down my team. Thanks for letting me play with you guys, though

CO_Andy

Unless you're a sniper then i don't think it would be impossible to reach S+ with any of the other weapons using analog exclusively.

ChrisD

Cool, sounds fine to me.

I just remember hating motion controls and the Squid Sisters. Now I can't play without the small adjustments gyro gives, and I always read the banter. :p

Do the defense up dummies in the test range represent subs or mains?

Furthering this question, is there a way to test for 3 Mains + some subs, or would the subs have enough of an effect to test? I assume three mains is about as far as you're going to get where anything changes, and past that subs are just... there.

Malus

Jesus this game's online is broken garbage. I'll probably end up returning it at this rate. Such a shame because it's really fun.

I just got the game today!

I beat the first boss and played some multiplayer with my best friend and I had a moderately good time.

I played the game twice before it came out and I left it scathing. Didn't enjoy it at all. I guess having it in my home now helped me ease into it. A lot of it has to do with the fact that playing with friends is awesome and another game aside from Team Fortress 2 couldn't hurt. That and I like online multiplayers and since I refuse to pay for Xbox Gold and PS+, I'm guess I'm going to be sticking with Splatoon for a bit.

Vena

Almost up to S... almost.

Also what the heck happened, why are there so many bans in recent threads? I've been gone most of the day and I come back and see gray names everywhere.

TI82

Banned
Almost up to S... almost.

Also what the heck happened, why are there so many bans in recent threads? I've been gone most of the day and I come back and see gray names everywhere.

Some usgamer article about boobs in gaming (I think)

ryechu

gg kas. Ill be down for more squads later but rn im trying to order somethign of goyas, and then im taking a short break.

J@hranimo

Banned
Finally got my Wii U. Haven't played in a week
but it feels like forever D:

I'm joining Quartz in casual Turf Wars because I'm a little tired and still learning the new map.

Nico_D

I don't think I've personally seen you play charger since like that first night, actually.

Not by accident. I ashamed even myself, I've been practicing in secret.

Splattershot Pro? You too? I thought about it just now and I think I'll try it again too. Especially for Splatzones since all the recent opponents have outranged my Tentatek. Can't have that.

J@hranimo

Banned
Flounder Heights is best map.

But we all know this right? :p

edit: I actually realized I'm more tired than I originally thought. I'm done for the night.

CO_Andy

Splatted two schmucks trying to jump spawn on a tower by dropping a sprinkler on their spawn location.

Works as a good land mine.

I somehow survived and splatted three people coming at me all in a row with some overlap last match. Splattershot Pro range stays winning.
And a stupid amount of luck.

Azure J

Another day, another set of highlights:

Team GAF vs. Squids Next Door
GIGA KRAKEN BREAKER
GAF vs. Another Clan [TBD]
AND1 Mixtape Tour - Flounder Heights
Team GAF vs. Imperious
GAF on GAF Violence (Fuck all of you. :|)
The Great Walls of .96 Deco

Splatted two schmucks trying to jump spawn on a tower by dropping a sprinkler on their spawn location.

Works as a good land mine.

This is something I did a lot of with brush. It's totally unexpected by people SJing in. :lol

Nico_D

Thanks GAF for the Turf Wars, Kas, Jeff, Quartz, Doc and Tingly. That was just incredible., I laughed out loud.

And when I can go head to head with Quartz using sniper rifles and not come out as a complete loser, I'm happy. But I'm not still quite fast enough.

Thanks GAF for the Turf Wars, Kas, Jeff, Quartz, Doc and Tingly. That was just incredible., I laughed out loud.

And when I can go head to head with Quartz using sniper rifles and not come out as a complete loser, I'm happy. But I'm not still quite fast enough.

You've improved quite a bit as a sniper since we last sparred. You were out speeding me some of the time.

Azure J

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01tqo9o.jpg

Today wasn't a complete wash it seems.

NotLiquid

Well at least its a Splatfest that makes sense.

Of course Marie is Team Dancing, she always complains about having a sore throat after a Splatfest.

CNAY9OvVAAAZAPg.jpg:large

My Inkling girl is looking at the vibe bar thinking: "Hmm... +18 isn't so bad."

I did +16.5 earlier myself. I got on a great team as soon the thing started, it felt unreal. It all went to hell when one of our team members was replaced by someone with a stupid kaomoji username.

#TeamAnt

Top Bottom