• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Nico_D

Did you really reroll a hat with 3 ink saver (sub) with bomb range up as a main? That would have been perfect for the Tentatek Splattershot.

Are sub savers really that useful? I've had those as main but can't see the benefit: I can throw three burst bombs before running dry.

Do You lose 10 rank points if the game disconnects? I keep losing connection and am seemingly unable to get past B-

I think you loose only 1 now...

Today wasn't a complete wash it seems.

H...how did the last slot go on those shoes???

Ended up with this by sheer luck...
Gomqesa.jpg

But the third slot ended up being Special Saver I think...

DaBoss

Are sub savers really that useful? I've had those as main but can't see the benefit: I can throw three burst bombs before running dry.
It's more useful if you have a sub weapon that uses a lot of ink and you start using your main after using your sub (so Tentatek Splattershot users can use a suction bomb and have more ink to spare for their main weapon).

Burst Bombs benefit the least from Ink Saver (Sub).

This is the first time I've realized how important it is having a global matchmaking thing is for the game. Ranked squads take forever to get going.

Azure J

Did you really reroll a hat with 3 ink saver (sub) with bomb range up as a main? That would have been perfect for the Tentatek Splattershot.

Ink Saver Sub really does nothing for me that Ink Recovery Up doesn't do better. Yes, this is a general statement including all the subs I use regularly.

The only thing I'm upset about is that I didn't wear that around people enough so they could order it for themselves. Sorry for that guys.

DaBoss

Ink Saver Sub really does nothing for me that Ink Recovery Up doesn't do better. Yes, this is a general statement including all the subs I use regularly.
*cue montage of Azure using subs and then tries to win a gunfight against enemies but runs out of ink*

Heng

*cue montage of Azure using subs and then tries to win a gunfight against enemies but runs out of ink*
The obvious solution is for him to stop randomly tossing out bombs when he's not sure if someone is there or not. Azure, stop using bombs to paint, it's really inefficient.

Jims

I have spent my life not paying attention to Transformers so I have no idea what to pick for the next Splatfest. Given the weird color scheme, I'm just going to pretend it's sponsored by Smuckers, and it's a strawberry jelly vs. grape jelly Jamfest.

Grape jelly for the win.

Tendo

Been playing a lot since yesterday and having a blast. First online shooter I've liked since the initial launch of TF2. Is there any reason to go from standard battles to ranked?

These splatfests and the snail shells, where can I find a resource on what those are and what to do with them? I want to be ready for next weekend.

Been playing a lot since yesterday and having a blast. First online shooter I've liked since the initial launch of TF2. Is there any reason to go from standard battles to ranked?

These splatfests and the snail shells, where can I find a resource on what those are and what to do with them? I want to be ready for next weekend.

Certain modes are only available in ranked, so if you want to play anything other than Turf War, gotta play ranked. You can also earn money and experience faster in ranked, provided you win a decent amount.

Splatfest is a 24 hour event where you side with a team and fight in Turf Wars for your team. There are unique Splatfest ranks that determine what your prize will be at the end of it, and you earn those by just playing enough during Splatfest. The prize for winning Splatfest is sea snails, which you can use to add slots to gear or reroll the sub abilities on gear. You can do this without snails, but it costs 30,000 a pop, so the prize is essentially a lot of money. The losing team gets snails too, just less of them.

Also Splatfest has some unique effects:
-the stages are at night
-everyone in the plaza dances
-unique music
-the ink glows slightly
-there are three stages in the rotation and the whole 24 hours is one rotation

Geg

Signed up for team callie. I really don't know much anything about transformers lol

And man, splat zones for bluefin depot and flounder heights. Kind of tempted to just go do some ranked right now but I just woke up and don't have much time to play this afternoon. Hopefully the rotation later is good

No subs unlocked whatsoever. Spyke was fucking up that day.

You mean like he does for me everyday :/

Since Shark, you and I all got the same 1st 2 unlocks it must be really common for that gear. I swear there must be some trick to getting high level gear from Spyke though, he hasn't come through for me a single time on orders ;_;

Tendo

Certain modes are only available in ranked, so if you want to play anything other than Turf War, gotta play ranked. You can also earn money and experience faster in ranked, provided you win a decent amount.

Splatfest is a 24 hour event where you side with a team and fight in Turf Wars for your team. There are unique Splatfest ranks that determine what your prize will be at the end of it, and you earn those by just playing enough during Splatfest. The prize for winning Splatfest is sea snails, which you can use to add slots to gear or reroll the sub abilities on gear. You can do this without snails, but it costs 30,000 a pop, so the prize is essentially a lot of money. The losing team gets snails too, just less of them.

Also Splatfest has some unique effects:
-the stages are at night
-everyone in the plaza dances
-unique music
-the ink glows slightly
-there are three stages in the rotation and the whole 24 hours is one rotation

Awesome. Thanks!

GeeTeeCee

So I just took part in one of the Testfires going on this week. It's the first time I've played the game and I really enjoyed, so hopefully I'll pick it up soon (probably after the Phantom Pain).

Only downside is I was playing for just an hour and I forgot the Wii U controller does not play well with my hands. Oww. It's like the PSP Monster Hunter claw all over again.

LostAnkh

So I just took part in one of the Testfires going on this week. It's the first time I've played the game and I really enjoyed, so hopefully I'll pick it up soon (probably after the Phantom Pain).

Only downside is I was playing for just an hour and I forgot the Wii U controller does not play well with my hands. Oww. It's like the PSP Monster Hunter claw all over again.
You'll get used to it. The gyro motion controls are really good, play with it more and you'll find it more comfortable than aiming with an analog stick.

GeeTeeCee

You'll get used to it. The gyro motion controls are really good, play with it more and you'll find it more comfortable than aiming with an analog stick.

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised by how well the gyro stuff worked. I don't think I've played a game that's used them so well before.

Vecks

The gamepad is kind of uncomfortable, but after more than 200 hours of play, I've gotten used to it. Maybe the fun and addiction dulls the pain.

LostAnkh

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised by how well the gyro stuff worked. I don't think I've played a game that's used them so well before.
Glad you like them, because I didn't like them at first until I turned them off and switched back to them after a few hours of using the right analog stick. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so something like this helps with my precision.

The gamepad is kind of uncomfortable, but after more than 200 hours of play, I've gotten used to it. Maybe the fun and addiction dulls the pain.

It seems like it depends on the game and differences in how they play. The only problem I've had with Splatoon is making sure I don't screw up my right index finger. Hyrule Warriors, on the other hand, will devastate my hands if I play for too many hours consecutively.

phanphare

Banned
flounder heights is the best 2-zone splat zone map in the game, god damn

I love the wall strategy on this map, between the zones especially. I love just chillin on the wall, popping up real quick to lob a burst bomb or two, and then drop back down to chill on the wall again

Man, I saw Walkman come online briefly, but when I joined his lobby, he had already left. Oh well. I played some pretty good matches with the people left over. Lost all three, but I kept a positive K/D in all those matches. Small victories.

ryechu

flounder heights is the best 2-zone splat zone map in the game, god damn

I love the wall strategy on this map, between the zones especially. I love just chillin on the wall, popping up real quick to lob a burst bomb or two, and then drop back down to chill on the wall again
Wait until you play a clan with two silver dynamos a krakon and an octobrush. Permanent echolocator. Beakons on both sides of the wall in the east and west wing. Lose two people and in that time the dynamos cover both streets entirely.

Top Bottom