• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Wait until you play a clan with two silver dynamos a krakon and an octobrush. Permanent echolocator. Beakons on both sides of the wall in the east and west wing. Lose two people and in that time the dynamos cover both streets entirely.
Yeah good luck getting a win there.

Wait until you play a clan with two silver dynamos a krakon and an octobrush. Permanent echolocator. Beakons on both sides of the wall in the east and west wing. Lose two people and in that time the dynamos cover both streets entirely.

A tactic that drove me nuts in Splat Zones on this map (and was in fact the reason I failed my initial climb into S) was repeatedly blasting Killer Wails along the entire length of the top and across both zones. We could never get close enough.

phanphare

Banned

that sounds awful haha

Lost 24 points in ranked so I'm done for the day. I can't figure out how to approach Flounder in zones and I just can't get my game together. It sucks when I want to play but just feel at the same time that my game is off :/

Azure J

Lost 24 points in ranked so I'm done for the day. I can't figure out how to approach Flounder in zones and I just can't get my game together. It sucks when I want to play but just feel at the same time that my game is off :/

Flounder is the reason I dropped out of S rank. There is just something that makes no sense to me about the stage. Everyone's doing the same thing: climb the sides, get your zone, but it just feels like once you get to the top, there's no way to scout for people coming up and if they come along with heavy hitters, you just get do not pass go'd for the rest of the match.

Flounder is the reason I dropped out of S rank. There is just something that makes no sense to me about the stage. Everyone's doing the same thing: climb the sides, get your zone, but it just feels like once you get to the top, there's no way to scout for people coming up and if they come along with heavy hitters, you just get do not pass go'd for the rest of the match.

I played for like an hour or so and saw nothing but Flounder aside from 2 matches so I consider it fortunate that I only lost 24. It's the only splatzones where no angle of defense is safe. You can get attacked from literally anywhere at anytime so if everyone on your team isn't constantly staying sharp and patrolling you're dead.

The only times I had any success at all was with Luna Blaster and basically hiding in the zone and blasting people as they tried to cover it but that tactic was useless if the other team had dynamo rollers which seemed like every match.

I'm going to try a different range of weapons, maybe roller or splatling with tons of run speed ups, the next time it comes up in zones but I'm not shedding any more rank points today.

Spike

Is anyone else having lots of connection issues? I cannot seem to play a complete match. I keep getting an unstable connection error.

I have assigned a static ip to the Wii U.

I have moved the modem right next to the system.

I have put the Wii U in the DMZ of the router.

Unless it is a wiring issue?

Seriously. Splatoon is an incredible game but getting a disconnect after every win or two really sours the experience.

The game needs to daisy chain hosting responsibility between members of each team to better prevent that from happening. It might just be bad luck but every hard disconnect that I've had in ranked has come right before my team's victory which makes me feel like the host rage quit to crash the room.

I'm pretty sure that MK8 does use multiple hosts since I can't think of many times if at all that the entire room got wiped out.

ryechu

A tactic that drove me nuts in Splat Zones on this map (and was in fact the reason I failed my initial climb into S) was repeatedly blasting Killer Wails along the entire length of the top and across both zones. We could never get close enough.

i love that tactic. the best is launching the killer wail, seeing people jump off the sides, and then sniping them as they try to climb the wall.

Robotguy

Looking for people to play opposition to GAF's NSTC squad to help them practice for their tourney today. Any takers?
Edit: Got everyone.

Vecks

Is anyone else having lots of connection issues? I cannot seem to play a complete match. I keep getting an unstable connection error.

It's not the first I've heard of it. I think a few people in this thread also have the same problem and can't complete matches. I don't know if it will fix your problem, but it doesn't hurt to try a wired connection. 3rd party wired adapters work just as well and are much cheaper.

Aw hell yes!!!
WVW69iURyG0V6jTft_

mo60

I have been getting really annoying connection issues since the august update also, but usually they go away when the next rotation starts.They appear every couple of days. I port forwarded my router to open up some ports for my WiiU like two days ago the last time I had to deal with a ton of connection errors and so far it looks like those errors have not reappeared.I;m using a linksys router provided by my ISP.

jepense

I've been away for a month. I know pretty much what is in the update, but don't know the new maps or weapons at all. What is the procedure for playing with GAF now? I made an account on Discord. Probably can't voice chat, though.

I've been away for a month. I know pretty much what is in the update, but don't know the new maps or weapons at all. What is the procedure for playing with GAF now? I made an account on Discord. Probably can't voice chat, though.

Usually you pop into the general chat room in our Discord server and ask around. You can also ask in the thread, but you'll usually get better results in Discord.

Most people in Discord just use the text chat, anyway.

Mjunter

Was having constant disconnects all day of the new map coming out. Only thing that seemed to work was setting the NAT filtering to Open. I don't know that much about routers but afterward no more disconnects. Could be coincidental but wanted to share regardless.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Set up a twin squad if anyone wants to play ranked. I lost my S rank yesterday too but got it back to A+ 60 so I should get it back soon. Had a losing streak of about 8 games in a row yesterday that killed me.

Was hovering at around 4-14 points S for awhile it's probably better to get it back to 30 and start over.

ryechu

i have the same issue here.

keep ordering from spyke and hope you get at least two slots prerolled. If you buy the gear (50k investment) there is a 30 percent chance of getting a perfect after you roll the final slot. Also, roll in all your gear, sometimes you get lucky with the piece of gear you bought.

keep ordering from spyke and hope you get at least two slots prerolled. If you buy the gear (50k investment) there is a 30 percent chance of getting a perfect after you roll the final slot. Also, roll in all your gear, sometimes you get lucky with the piece of gear you bought.

I can't even get the guy to get me 2 filled slots lol

Spike

I have been getting really annoying connection issues since the august update also, but usually they go away when the next rotation starts.They appear every couple of days. I port forwarded my router to open up some ports for my WiiU like two days ago the last time I had to deal with a ton of connection errors and so far it looks like those errors have not reappeared.I;m using a linksys router provided by my ISP.

Would I need to port forward my router if I have put the Wii U into the DMZ? I mean, Nintendo's website says that you should port forward everything from UDP port 1 to 65535.

Ahnez

I really need more money.. But I keep losing ranked matches, and if I rank down, then I will get even less per win..

How do you guys do it? :/

Saro

Would I need to port forward my router if I have put the Wii U into the DMZ? I mean, Nintendo's website says that you should port forward everything from UDP port 1 to 65535.

Just DMZ it.

If you open all the ports thru port forwarding, nothing else that connects to your router will receive or send data so no internet access for any other device in your home.

If you can buy a usb Ethernet adapter for your wiiu for a more stable connection. My brother and I use this and it works without any set up.

Razmos

I think you should be able to pay more to reroll fewer slots.

For example:
Spend 30,000 to reroll all 3 slots randomly, spend 60,000 to reroll 2 slots, or spend 90,000 to reroll 1 slot. That way if you get 2 of a sub ability you want but the third sub ability sucks, you can reroll just that one slot

ffdgh

And day 2 is gone for the testfire. Currently screwing around in the infinite tutorial painting everything in sight.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom