• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

So if I understand Google Translate, Ink Resistance Up also prevents you from appearing on the enemy's mini-map if you walk on enemy ink? I had never seen this mentioned before.

Safety shoes

Typically, the squid was damaged, including the enemy ink of the ground but are displayed on the enemy on the mini-map, safety shoes no longer be reflected on the enemy map When wearing by slip damage of enemy ink of the ground.

Some of these charts are really interesting to look at and gives you a great idea of which skills benefit which weapons/subs the most. I like the defense one in particular since they include on the lines themselves how much defense you'd need to stack in order to reduce a particular weapon's shots-to-splat. Mostly it looks like defense doesn't do you much good unless you stack a lot of it, outside of slightly slowing down the .52, inkbrush, and (to a lesser extent) the splattershot.

Fun stuff. Makes me wish I recognized more kanji.

So this is why all the Japanese players are stacked to the gills with def-ups now? -_-

RedFyn

Does anyone know what the open condition rank is for each weapon on the Japanese wiki?

Never mind preyingshark helped me out

ChrisD

Ugh this rotation is making me realize just how much I hate Arowana Mall and Kelp Dome for tower control...

I wasn't doing too hot with my Blaster, but after switching over to Krak-On Roller equipped with fast Super Jump shenanigans, I've managed to get my S rank back. Five wins straight. It's kind of fun hopping all over the place.

jSXmfYm.png

TsP4mHP.png

kJJG2eh.png

...I cannot keep my S rank...

This is the third time I've lost it. I just cannot combat the delay from the Japanese players. Best I can do is use my Splattershot Jr and pray I Bubble to the shots already hitting me before they show up on my screen.

I insanely need region-based matchmaking because I'm getting really sick of ending every game after I'm killed behind walls, the other side of a roller's swing, Inkzooka shots that don't exist, and teleporting inklings.

ChrisD

On the bright side, it's not too difficult to get back...?

I hear you. Most times I play later in the day, which means I get plenty of "whaaaaat" in my sessions. The number of non-Hiragana names I've seen in the past week can't exceed twenty. I want to say that being the only murican in a lobby certainly can't help with connection issues, either.

Nico_D

The number of non-Hiragana names I've seen in the past week can't exceed twenty.

Well I'm regularly the only European. How likely is that? It's really strange. Like there's no other players than Japanese, in Turf or Squads.

When Japanese had the splatfest, matchmaking couldn't find any squads. And that can't be true.

E: ALSO does anyone know what the * the requirements are for an Overtime chance? I swear, I've been jipped on so many OT's. Your team is behind, you pop the bubble, game ends. Meanwhile, I've also had some where we were still fighting over the bubble for a number of seconds in OT. We then broke it and came ahead. It seems more complicated than it should be.

Overtime chances come when the losing team is currently in control of the objective for a map.

So for tower control, your team needs to have control of the tower.
For splat zones, you team needs to have control of the zones.
For Rainmaker someone on your team needs to be holding the Rainmaker.

Overtime ends as soon as you lose control of the respective objective, or overtake the bad guy team.

daakusedo

Sometimes i can be so scatterbrained.
Some days ago I played with some of you and despite my warmup, things got along and i got to b+70.
Then group changed and we weren't good enough together plus we kept battling against clans.So i ended at b+8.
Today i decide to try regaining points and as a mainly sniper I didn't check my weapon.
Battle begin on the rig, I try sniping and I don't understand, my shots look like they cancel before complete charge. It took me three shots to see I had a tentatek, such a mistake on the verge of deranking lmao
Things ended well though and I got back to 56 points.

StAidan

Grr, random ranked can be so frustrating even as an A rank (and now I'm about to derank back to A-). Opposing team scored rainmaker knockouts against mine 3 times this morning after we held the lead for the first 3 minutes of the match. I don't claim to be a rainmaker master (I've hardly played it), but watching some of these tactics my teammates were trying to pull just make me feel like abandoning solo ranked altogether.

I thought it was impossible to get two subslots from Spyke from a gear that has 1 star? I was always under the impression that either you get the one slot or a rare chance of three.

Well, it happened to me. Sort of miffed because I skipped out on a lot of one star gear thinking I couldn't at least get two slots. Now I know better...

yeah I need to stop playing ranked with randoms haha

Same here. But I fear that I'll be a detriment to GAF crews, so...

Geg

You should come play in gaf rooms again phanphare, I promise no one cares if there's someone playing with us who's a lower rank or whatever than everyone else

phanphare

Banned
You should come play in gaf rooms again phanphare, I promise no one cares if there's someone playing with us who's a lower rank or whatever than everyone else

will do. I need to just jump in haha. my hurdle right now is not being 100% clear on what the meta is for TC and Rainmaker but I'm never going to learn in random B-rank rooms.

DaBoss

Being a detriment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> frustration of solo ranked.

Being a detriment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> frustration of solo ranked.
Lol
Better than slippin in pubs too

Geg

Well who minds having lower ranked people on squads will depend on the individual, I mostly just meant regular gaf rooms lol. Private matches are a great place to practice the ranked modes though. I still don't really have rainmaker down so I don't think I would want to squad with anyone if it's in the rotation at the skill level I'm at now

StAidan

Yeah, no one should concern themselves about being a deteriment on a GAF squad. Not only will you learn much better play with GAF, but you'll probably do better automatically just from having relatively competent teammates. It's amazing what you can accomplish just personally when you aren't forced into battling 3 or 4 enemies at the same time while your team is off doing whatever.

EDIT: Private GAF battles are nice too, cause even when you're totally off your game (I really embarrassed myself last night, for example) you and your teammates don't suffer from it lol.

yX1F8Gk.jpg

Had fun using this set up last night ink strikes everywhere lol
As you can u haven't re-rolled the sub abilities due to spyke never coming through lol

Luigi87

Finished up the single player yesterday (I haven't touched online much yet. Only level 5, so quite a ways from even unlocking ranked yet, lol). In terms of final bosses, I gotta say that was one of Nintendo's best.

Geg

It only took me about a month for my approval. I don't really understand the ways this site operates lol

Sloth still stuck in approval purgatory and Master A1 was turned down. :'(

SM I went back in the video of azure's stream last night to see you and guysloth making fun of my squelcher and plotting to troll me with heavy splatlings while I wasn't even there, why you gotta bully me like this
BnB8fnOCAAA6FVl.png

Top Bottom