• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

86 hours into the game, made it to A 68, going from A- 68 to A68 in less than 2.5hrs feels surreal. I envy all those people having those triple sub gears, when I finally bought all the weapons that I'm not going to use. Now I'm a poor squid having less the 100K money.
(́Ծ ‸ Ծ‵)

J@hranimo

Banned
A yeah? Wow. When I finally applied I think it only took 2-3 weeks?

I think it depends on when the one mythical NeoGAF person goes and approves a wave of members. I think to myself that it's one person, cause to me it seems random when we get approved or not..so confusing.

I digress. Hopefully Guysloth gets approved before the year's end. He's been with SplatGAF since OT1!

explodet

Me, after taking a week break from the game and trying out the roller:

tumblr_ntn01vxIF01qg1097o2_r1_1280.gif

On the bright side, it's not too difficult to get back...?

Depends on the mode in ranked really. The second time I lost it, I got it back in the following three games during Tower at Triggerfish. I lost my S last night during Splat Zones at Bluefin Depot and Port Mackeral, but since those stages favor Rollers, Blasters and E-Liters (the worst offenders during delay-ridden lobbies) a few games later I'm at A 65. I need a session for Rainmaker or maybe Tower.

I don't mind losing ranks or losing games despite my exaggerated rants since it's just numbers --plus I'm terrible at aiming in close quarters, but losing to this delay is really frustrating because there's no way to learn or improve. I lost because the person I'm fighting with is already shooting at me or not in that position that I see them at because I'm in San Diego fighting someone almost on the other end of the planet.

I also think I'm running into squads while I'm going solo. =/

SM239

It only took me about a month for my approval. I don't really understand the ways this site operates lol

SM I went back in the video of azure's stream last night to see you and guysloth making fun of my squelcher and plotting to troll me with heavy splatlings while I wasn't even there, why you gotta bully me like this
BnB8fnOCAAA6FVl.png

Because in the end I know that I will never be as OP or have as many fans as you.
BnB8fnOCAAA6FVl.png

J@hranimo

Banned
Spyke may be a part of the black squid market, but I now see that DaBoss is the true distributor of really good gear. He's just too nice to tell us :)

But I see you man....I see you o_o

Depends on the mode in ranked really. The second time I lost it, I got it back in the following three games during Tower at Triggerfish. I lost my S last night during Splat Zones at Bluefin Depot and Port Mackeral, but since those stages favor Rollers, Blasters and E-Liters (the worst offenders during delay-ridden lobbies) a few games later I'm at A 65. I need a session for Rainmaker or maybe Tower.

I don't mind losing ranks or losing games despite my exaggerated rants since it's just numbers --plus I'm terrible at aiming in close quarters, but losing to this delay is really frustrating because there's no way to learn or improve. I lost because the person I'm fighting with is already shooting at me or not in that position that I see them at because I'm in San Diego fighting someone almost on the other end of the planet.

I also think I'm running into squads while I'm going solo. =/
I hope we end up on the same splatfest team so we can have another epic run

Azure J

When I first found this site in 2009, it took me over a year to get approved...just to put things in perspective. It sucks :(

I put in an application in Dec. 07 because of Brawl hype, missed the hype train and got in three months after Brawl released. :lol

Vecks

I haven't played carbon roller since its release. The range is much smaller than I remember. Think I'll stick with the normal rollers from now on.

yami4ct

First time playing Splatoon in a long while. Excited to check out a lot of the updates. Played a bit of Rainmaker and that mode seems really unfun and bad. It's prone to super hard swings and very few of the matches I played had any really good push/pull. I don't think I'll ever play ranked if that's the mode on. It just isn't fun at all.

The camp map seems really cool, though. I look forward to playing a better mode on that map.

Robotguy

What is this trick and where I can abu-- learn about it
Back up your game. Roll some subs. If you don't like the subs you get replace your game with the backup. Repeat until you get the subs you want.

I don't personally know how to back up games on Wii U, but I imagine you can find that out pretty easily.

ChrisD

Back up your game. Roll some subs. If you don't like the subs you get replace your game with the backup. Repeat until you get the subs you want.

I don't personally know how to back up games on Wii U, but I imagine you can find that out pretty easily.

Was kind of hoping it just had to do with resetting the system. Definitely don't want to mess with file back-ups in fear of losing data. Thanks for the info.

GRW810

All this time I've been throwing cash at random clothing only to learn this evening that the brands do have relevance. So much wasted time and effort. Could have really narrowed my focus earlier.

I just played a 10 minute long Tower Contol game.

How? The tower froze. No matter which team stood on it, the damn thing would not budge. Luckily, my team was winning, so I thought it would only be a matter of running the clock out. But then the timer froze at 0:00, and here's where it got bizarre: no one wanted to quit the match. We just continued killing each other for the next few minutes until a communications error booted me from the match. For all I know, my team mates are still there, fighting.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

ChrisD

How? The tower froze. No matter which team stood on it, the damn thing would not budge. Luckily, my team was winning, so I thought it would only be a matter of running the clock out. But then the timer froze at 0:00, and here's where it got bizarre: no one wanted to quit the match. We just continued killing each other for the next few minutes until a communications error booted me from the match. For all I know, my team mates are still there, fighting.

Never had something that severe, but earlier today I had a Rainmaker match that went about fifteen seconds past the ending screen. We still won, but it was strange.

Edit: Still not as severe, but as soon as I hit post I ran into another delayed game. This time it was about a minute extra. The whole game was ridiculous. I'm talking the Tower wouldn't move at times, just to teleport forward, and at one point even started moving backwards when the enemies were on it.

Guess the servers are just wack right now.

Ahnez

It happened to me in my first TC match today, just as the mode changed
Maybe we were in the same room lol

Ahnez lol

It was on bluefin, the tower just decided to lock in the central point, and at least on my screen, there was a bugged ink mine on the tower too lol

It happened to me on Bluefin as well, but in my match the tower decided to freeze mid-air near my team's side of the base. Oh, well. I hope Nintendo patches this bug in the next update.

Geg

Something similar happened on atr0cious's stream a while back, the tower froze and wouldn't move, and with one second left on the clock teleported to the other side of the map as if someone had been riding it the whole time

L95

Lol I just got a major connection issue in tower control, my entire team was on the tower and the other team had disconnected except for one person, the tower moved after like two minutes, and we made it to the enemy base, but we didn't win or anything, and the timer didn't end the game when it hit zero.

The game sat on zero time for like a minute and then I got a connection error. I caught the last 13 seconds before it disconnected, if anyone cares

Yes, it was fun.

Top Bottom