• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

*High fives* Hell yeah!

Also funny you mention the Neo Splash Pad, I randomly picked it up during the last Splatfest and I like it a lot. It's a part of my usual Hero Shot/Dual Squelcher/Slosher/96 Gal rotation. Burst bomb sub + inkzooka is pretty darn cool.
Yeah it's balanced very nicely for close combat and long range. Plus I love the way it's designed very sleek looking
I wish I wasn't complete ass with the inkzooka lol

I'd have more weapon sets to choose from
Inkzooka is love just don't fire it in enemy ink or near ledges lol

J@hranimo

Banned
I wish I wasn't complete ass with the inkzooka lol

I'd have more weapon sets to choose from

Inkzooka is best to know your distance and like Pad said, don't use it in or around their ink cause the pushback can mess you up.

What are you talking about? Inkzooka is the worst special.
Kappa

You're right what was I thinking?
Keepo

The best special(s) is always
bombrush
because of the possible slowdown it can cause #toostronk

So the other day while doing ranked duo we ran into a guy playing with the hero shot and only using burst bombs, never really firing the main gun. Never seen that before and he had a ton of damage up stacked.

Robotguy

So the other day while doing ranked duo we ran into a guy playing with the hero shot and only using burst bombs, never really firing the main gun. Never seen that before and he had a ton of damage up stacked.
I'm thinking about doing that sometime to improve my burst bomb play.

J@hranimo

Banned
Them Wonderful 101 Final Vorkken/Jerghinga strats.
Kappa

I need to replay W101, such a masterful game.

Only downside of bomb rush is that it is only good when the player utilizes the bombs well. On that note, I'm really looking forward to the seeker bomb rush special. That will be a sight to behold.

B_Bech

Does anyone know where you can purchase an adapter for the Wii U so I can play wired? Gamestop doesn't seem to think the product exists. I realized that a lot of the issues I've been having has been due to the tremendous uptick in Japanese players and have given me serious latency issues to the point that if there's a sniper or .96 Gal user on the opposing team, I'm a guaranteed sitting duck.

Also cheers Walkman and Vecks on the Rainmaker tips, they actually made quite a deal of sense and as it turns out I was making quite a few mistakes.

Hope I can get "git gud" soon~

Does anyone know where you can purchase an adapter for the Wii U so I can play wired? Gamestop doesn't seem to think the product exists. I realized that a lot of the issues I've been having has been due to the tremendous uptick in Japanese players and have given me serious latency issues to the point that if there's a sniper or .96 Gal user on the opposing team, I'm a guaranteed sitting duck.

Also cheers Walkman and Vecks on the Rainmaker tips, they actually made quite a deal of sense and as it turns out I was making quite a few mistakes.

Hope I can get "git gud" soon~
Amazon has them I know the Nintendo shop online used too that's where I got mine a while ago.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's a joke. All weapons come down to the user using them.

Yep. Though on Tower Control there is an undeniable advantage of having a good teammate or two who knows what they're doing with any of the Blasters rated S on the charts.

Turf War and Splat Zones is all fair game though.

GGs Ryechu

ChrisD

I went Decepticons because of Marie

This. I also like purple, and the shirts are much cooler. Still see Autobots winning just because they're the good guys. With Splatoon's large child player base that point goes up ten fold. No kid EVER chooses the bad guys.
Except the cool ones.

RedFyn

So, I only caught the last three games but the biggest take away is that squid box? knows how to use their specials while four leaf clover does not. If their kraken had gotten onto the tower they would've won the last game.

Them Wonderful 101 Final Vorkken/Jerghinga strats.
Kappa
I thought the strats for that fight was to spam
Immorta's unite bow

Off Topic: 101%-ing that game, and getting
Bayonetta
as a reward is so damn satisfying, yet underwhelming at the same time because she couldn't use unite stinger, cyclone, and rising normally, but at least her unite
big
does massive damage. At least I got a smiley face from Kamiya:

epx4sry.jpg

Azure J

I thought the strats for that fight was to spam
Immorta

Off Topic: 101%-ing that game, and getting
Bayonetta
as a reward is so satisfying, yet underwhelming at the same time because she couldn't use unite stinger, cyclone, and rising normally, but at least her unite
big
does massive damage.

I was commenting more on the technical aspects of the game during those scenarios there. :p

ChrisD

Just lost a last second rush because me and a teammates ink stopped spreading due to choppy connection. We were in the final stretch, fired off a trail, and nothing showed up for our RM to swim through. :/

E: ALSO does anyone know what the * the requirements are for an Overtime chance? I swear, I've been jipped on so many OT's. Your team is behind, you pop the bubble, game ends. Meanwhile, I've also had some where we were still fighting over the bubble for a number of seconds in OT. We then broke it and came ahead. It seems more complicated than it should be.

ChrisD

Well I'm S 2 now. About to be A+ 30 because I'm too stupid to stop playing on tilt with a poor connection.

Put me in the fortune telling business. Back to A+. Shout out to AT&T wireless for three D/C's in a row.

Doorman

http://wikiwiki.jp/splatoon2ch/?%A5%AE%A5%A2%A5%D1%A5%EF%A1%BC%B8%A1%BE%DA

Rofl. Japan actually does a little science. While all we have are made up numbers.

Some of these charts are really interesting to look at and gives you a great idea of which skills benefit which weapons/subs the most. I like the defense one in particular since they include on the lines themselves how much defense you'd need to stack in order to reduce a particular weapon's shots-to-splat. Mostly it looks like defense doesn't do you much good unless you stack a lot of it, outside of slightly slowing down the .52, inkbrush, and (to a lesser extent) the splattershot.

Fun stuff. Makes me wish I recognized more kanji.

ryechu

I need a translation stat.

so basically what I found out from google translate is that subs are worth 3 and mains are worth 10. You add the total per gear abiltiy together to get the gear power X. Instead of the game having hard caps (which have been shown to not exist) and determining the value of diminishing returns for every possible combination of numbers of subs (n) and mains (m), the gear value is determined by one variable the gear power, X=3n+10m. This value is plugged into some sort of asymptotic function.

Basically assuming negigable diminishing returns (linear approximation between small differences of X) such as between a gear power of 9 vs 10, 3 subs is equivalent to 90% of a main ability. And the whole idea that the first sub in an ability is disproportionately (for example 2x) more valueable than subsequent subs or that the first main is similarly more valuable than subsequent mains is a lie.

Geg

Sigh, even with 11 kills on Port Mackerel I can't carry a bad team. We pushed them back to their side of the map, but when I went back to kill a slosher who slipped through and made it to our end, I turn around to see the rest of my team is wiped and their team is all coming down to our end fast with their specials ready.

And lol in one game me and another player just kept trading with each other whenever we met, and when I went to look in the plaza I saw he was the only other A+ in a room full of mostly B- players

Top Bottom