• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

dinazimmerman

Incurious Bastard
Anyone want to join a squad? Currently it's only me and James. My nnid is aclors in case you don't have me added yet.

EDIT: RD Blax joined so we need one more.

Luigi87

The power armor suit is my favorite from the pack along with the hero replica gun. To me it was worth it

FfxMy95.jpg

Look at how fresh this suit is
That is pretty slick.
Also I didn't expect it to be 3-star gear. Are all the amiibo outfits 3-star?

Geg

I don't think I have ever wore those since launch lol, don't even know what ability or brand it has

It's quick respawn up & rockenberg. I think I got spoiled by the fact that the starting outfit has a quick respawn up piece of gear and now I can't stand playing without at least one quick respawn main.

I don't think the ability was important to me when I first bought them though, I just saw an inkling in my plaza wearing them and thought "Wow those are cool I want those" lol

WALKMAN04

That is pretty slick.
Also I didn't expect it to be 3-star gear. Are all the amiibo outfits 3-star?
No the others are 2 star. I say it's worth it to open them, the mini games are all pretty fun and gives you replica hero versions, reskins of the basic roller, charger and splattershot. The challenges are pretty fun too, especially the ink challenges.

Luigi87

I had to add slots they were only 2 stars I believe

No the others are 2 star. I say it's worth it to open them, the mini games are all pretty fun and gives you replica hero versions, reskins of the basic roller, charger and splattershot. The challenges are pretty fun too, especially the ink challenges.

Ahh thanks.
I had no idea you could add slots.

Which side did everyone use? Autobots or Decepticons?

The only choice.
WVW69iUsdDAVAGaOLq

atr0cious

No doubt but I'm an Autobot for life lol
If this was beast wars yea, if be down, but G1 Shockwave and Starscream are the best. Not to mention, Megatron on beast wars was the main reason the show wasn't just milquetoast characters like Cheetor and that Siberian tiger jobber.

If this was beast wars yea, if be down, but G1 Shockwave and Starscream are the best. Not to mention, Megatron on beast wars was the main reason the show wasn't just milquetoast characters like Cheetor and that Siberian tiger jobber.
Loved the dinobots and aerialbots as a kid. Never cared for beast wars

B_Bech

Anyone have any advice for Rainmaker? I just ranked all the way down to A today... I did pretty badly, and it was GAFsquads no less. I don't want to be a detriment to my squad, so any tips from those of you whom have mastered said mode would be much appreciated.

WALKMAN04

Anyone have any advice for Rainmaker? I just ranked all the way down to A today... I did pretty badly, and it was GAFsquads no less. I don't want to be a detriment to my squad, so any tips from those of you whom have mastered said mode would be much appreciated.
I think I should start by saying it's my least favorite mode, but this doesn't mean I'm bad at it and I played quite a bit of solo ranked rainmaker so I would say I'm decent at it. I find the most success in being patient with the rainmaker, the only times I will rush ahead is if it's been a close game and we only need a few points, I just try to get those few points before I die. When not holding the rainmaker you should have someone try to create a path for them and the other 2 should probably protect against flanks from all sides. Don't try to pop the shield while enemies are around, take them out first or if you know they will die from the popped shield that is also an option. Also your team shouldn't try to push the rainmaker unless you have a 2 person advantage most times. It's more important to ink turf and kill the enemies while they are alive then pick up the rainmaker and half of the time not be able to kill anyone because you have to charge a shit for a kill. In the last 1 minute or so if you have the lead camp around the rainmaker, this may mean someone picking it up to bring it to a safe camping spot, plenty of maps have them, but how effective they are depends on what specials the enemy has, for example the side perches on walleye are great places to camp the rainmaker if the enemy doesn't have killer wails or even ink strikes, if they have krakens and inkzookas, you can hold it there for a long time. Just know your enemies and plan based on that. Also a tip everyone must know is that while holding the rainmaker and hiding in your ink, you are invisible on the map, however you do still shine so if an enemy sees you don't just stand there. Also the mode is new so you will get better at it over time, it's just going to take practice.
Lol
Autobots

Nice I grew up rooting for Optimus
I'm sorry that you have to watch your childhood hero lose this weekend

I think I should start by saying it's my least favorite mode, but this doesn't mean I'm bad at it and I played quite a bit of solo ranked rainmaker so I would say I'm decent at it. I find the most success in being patient with the rainmaker, the only times I will rush ahead is if it's been a close game and we only need a few points, I just try to get those few points before I die. When not holding the rainmaker you should have someone try to create a path for them and the other 2 should probably protect against flanks from all sides. Don't try to pop the shield while enemies are around, take them out first or if you know they will die from the popped shield that is also an option. Also your team shouldn't try to push the rainmaker unless you have a 2 person advantage most times. It's more important to ink turf and kill the enemies while they are alive then pick up the rainmaker and half of the time not be able to kill anyone because you have to charge a shit for a kill. In the last 1 minute or so if you have the lead camp around the rainmaker, this may mean someone picking it up to bring it to a safe camping spot, plenty of maps have them, but how effective they are depends on what specials the enemy has, for example the side perches on walleye are great places to camp the rainmaker if the enemy doesn't have killer wails or even ink strikes, if they have krakens and inkzookas, you can hold it there for a long time. Just know your enemies and plan based on that. Also a tip everyone must know is that while holding the rainmaker and hiding in your ink, you are invisible on the map, however you do still shine so if an enemy sees you don't just stand there. Also the mode is new so you will get better at it over time, it's just going to take practice.

I'm sorry that you have to watch your childhood hero lose this weekend
One shall fall one shall stand

Vecks

When it's not safe, try to keep the shield expanded with your color, but don't pop it. It'll give your team more time to position themselves/fight for space. If you have a special that's good for protecting the rainmaker (like a bubbler can try to block charger shots), let someone else on your team take it while you open up the path.

If it pops with the enemy color, see if you can throw a suction or splat bomb to prevent them from grabbing it immediately. This works better against randoms since they want to rush for the rainmaker and will probably die when they get it.

Ink out multiple paths for the rainmaker if possible. Getting turf is important, since swimming is vital. It will be invisible on the map while swimming, and as long as the other team isn't using voice chat, you can probably catch some of them off guard by inking 2 ways.

Don't always go for the shortest path. This is something I notice in randoms. They always want to go for the shortest path, and while it can give you a great lead, it's also usually the most dangerous. With that said, it's probably better to take risks when you are behind and the clock is ticking.

Even though he doesn't have the game, this list seems more reasonable than the last one.
EDIT: Seems I gave him too much credit. After looking at the posts, looks like he changed it up based on other people's suggestions.

You do not go against Optimus Prime. Marie can go kick rocks.

And that's the problem with the Autobots: who cares about anyone BUT Jesus Prime? Bumblebee? He's the Scrappy Doo of Transformers! Ultra Magnus? He's Gohan! Always around but never does anything worth note except that one time that the plot forced on him, just to be different! He never earned it!

Closest is Grimlock, but that's because he's a transforming T-Rex! That's like boobs flavored like beer! Of course it's popular! You don't care about her face at all!

Mellopillow

Neo Member
Oh... forgot about that.
I'll try to stream some roller play tonight then.

You're streaming now? I'd like to see some roller play too!

Dynamo roller in B+ rank. Custom jet squelcher 3rd lowest lol. This list is strangely looking like a pokemon tier list, with him just listing overused weapons up top and some weird criteria for the other tiers at the bottom haha

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And that's the problem with the Autobots: who cares about anyone BUT Jesus Prime? Bumblebee? He's the Scrappy Doo of Transformers! Ultra Magnus? He's Gohan! Always around but never does anything worth note except that one time that the plot forced on him, just to be different! He never earned it!

Closest is Grimlock, but that's because he's a transforming T-Rex! That's like boobs flavored like beer! Of course it's popular! You don't care about her face at all!

I'm a big fan of Tigatron. Pretty much all the Maximals were great, though.

Robotguy

You're streaming now? I'd like to see some roller play too!

Dynamo roller in B+ rank. Custom jet squelcher 3rd lowest lol. This list is strangely looking like a pokemon tier list, with him just listing overused weapons up top and some weird criteria for the other tiers at the bottom haha
So far I've streamed the first round of Ink or Sink and that's about it, lol.
But yeah, I'll try streaming some roller play in like 6 hours or so. My stream is potato quality though cause I've got low upload speeds.

J@hranimo

Banned
That tier list and comments on my B+ tier weapon of choice:

I will continue to use the Hero Shot Replica until there is a cooler looking shooting weapon than it. Also you feel like the best player ever when you get in your zone with it and unleash a barrage of burst bombs on everybody.

...damn, I gotta hop on tonight lol.

phanphare

Banned
That tier list:

I will continue to use the Hero Shot Replica until there is a cooler looking shooting weapon than it. Also you feel like the best player ever when you get in your zone with it and unleash a barrage of burst bombs on everybody.

...damn, I gotta hop tonight lol.

::nods::

splattershot for life

That tier list and comments on my B+ tier weapon of choice:

...damn, I gotta hop tonight lol.

::nods::

splattershot for life
As a hero shot replica and neo splash o matic user I like these posts

Top Bottom